FedEx Freight | Question about City Drivers & seniority

Smokestack said:
I don't know Rev.
Never saw a road driver drop back in the city board by me.
I guess we will wait and see if Familyman can tell us.

We recently had a road driver go back to the city, because he was missing watching his kids grow up. Like said, think it out alot before you give up that city run. I was there 6 1/2 yrs,,, it wasn't that bad, although I sure don't miss delivering those school books this time of year.... My "kids" are dogs, but I miss time with my wife. Come On Lotto !!!!

cody said:
When you transfer from service center to service center or from line to local or local to line you go to bottom of board. If you are a long time dock worker and get driver gualified and start driving you go to bottom of that board. You keep seniority for vacation bids.
Cody, i think you are mistaken on this one. When you transfer to a new class. you lose you go to bottom in that class when comes to biddin vacation also. City to Road you bid last on vacation.
As for who ever is considering road, i agree with who ever said think about it alot. I have been on road with AFedEx for almost 13 years. I love it!! However, it alters your life tremendously. Sleep patterns, involvment with your family, activities etc.