Holland | Question about getting sold.

Northern Flash

Today's Democrats are similar to Commies.
Credits
Here is a question. I'm not looking for any opinions, I'm looking for facts. I know that some of you guys have great search engines to look stuff up. Please, not opinions, we all have them. A link to an article would be great.

Does anyone know for a fact that Holland could be sold off separately from YRCW? Our stock is combined, obviously, but could we actually be separated financially and sold off, or do we have to go down with the ship? Everyone always talks about us getting sold....but is it even possible? Anyone???????? Please provide us with an article if there are any available.

Thanks.

The simple answer is YES they can sell any part of the company . Remember a couple of weeks ago the got rid of YRC logistics ! There is no Holland stock or Roadway stock As a matter of fact there's no Yellow stock it's all YRCW(d) stock .

Here is a question. I'm not looking for any opinions, I'm looking for facts. I know that some of you guys have great search engines to look stuff up. Please, not opinions, we all have them. A link to an article would be great.

Does anyone know for a fact that Holland could be sold off separately from YRCW? Our stock is combined, obviously, but could we actually be separated financially and sold off, or do we have to go down with the ship? Everyone always talks about us getting sold....but is it even possible? Anyone???????? Please provide us with an article if there are any available.

Thanks.

Yes I can tell you that big companies do this all of the time GE has sold off parts of its self that were not as profitable as others, others do it after they obtained customer base and sold parts of aquired bussiness off so they could get back to there core bussiness model. If I find some examples I will let you know.

Here NF this is what happen to USF stock :

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. and CHICAGO, May 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Yellow Roadway Corporation and USF Corporation today announced amended deal terms for the Yellow Roadway acquisition of USF, whereby USF shareholders will receive approximately 65% cash and 35% Yellow Roadway stock in exchange for their USF shares. Originally, the transaction was structured as approximately 50% cash and 50% stock.

Under the revised terms, USF shareholders are entitled to receive $29.25 (65% x $45.00) per share in cash and 0.31584 (35% x the fixed exchange ratio of 0.9024) shares of Yellow Roadway stock for each share of USF stock. ....................

Yellow Roadway and USF Increase Cash Component of Transaction. - PR Newswire | HighBeam Research: Online Press Releases

There is no such thing as USF stock anymore !

we aint going anywhere, like our dear leader mr,rogers said we are one big team! we are stuck neck deep in doo-doo! up a sh$t creek without a paddle, and the boat has a dang leak!!!

Thanks folks. It sounds like we definately could be sold off separately. That is good news. It sound like if we had a buyer, they would just have to reach an agreement on the dollar value, subtract it from the net worth of YRCW and sell our whole operation off. Then adjust the stock accordingly, based on YRCW's new value after the sale.(ZERO.:biglaugh:)

So NO we don't have to go down with the ship. We just need a buyer.

Thanks for the info. peeps.

if B.K. happens then there would be alot of buyers for Holland ,BUT not till then with the DEBT gone !!! the only choice if you are a man is a NO vote, enough is enough $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Look, who in the world is going to buy any of YRCW's companies? What is there to purchase? All of the real estate is gone, all of the equipment is old. The customer base? Give me a break. All they have to do is wait for YRCW to file BK and pick up the customers for free. Get real, there is nothing to buy!

I have to slightly disagree. You are correct on most points, but I think that Holland is ripe for a purchase. We are making money. Yes, the equipment is old, but that is replaceable when making a profit. I think that Holland {had} a very good business plan before YRCW got their hands on us. Yes, we need some new blood running the place, but we still have a good base, which is it's employees. Many still have Holland Pride, even though YRCW is sucking the pride out of us.

If I had the money, I would take the challenge. We could make it back to the old Holland that we all enjoyed. But currently, we are slipping into the abyss.

I'm not trying to disrespect the other YRC companies that you mentioned,[I work for Holland] because some of them have potential also. So some others are ripe for a purchase also.

i believe there are a lot of companys that would buy you ask what . cdl,s without pension cost out of bk. pennies on the dollar. the anwser is yes.

I agree with N.F. The Holland name itself still has alot to offer. Top notch drivers and if we could get the old ways of operating back we could be even better than before. Keep saying your prayers!

I have to slightly disagree. You are correct on most points, but I think that Holland is ripe for a purchase. We are making money. Yes, the equipment is old, but that is replaceable when making a profit. I think that Holland {had} a very good business plan before YRCW got their hands on us. Yes, we need some new blood running the place, but we still have a good base, which is it's employees./QUOTE]

i believe there are a lot of companys that would buy you ask what . cdl,s without pension cost out of bk. pennies on the dollar. the anwser is yes.

Are the workers at Holland union? Have you checked what would happen with your contract if the company is sold? There would likely be a snap back to the original contract with full wages and pension payments (they will then become a participant of the multi company pension liability). Will the company still show a profit at current revenue's with these additional costs? These are all valid considerations as anyone looking to buy Holland is expecting something in return on their investment. Without any equipment and real estate, and plenty of driver's with CDL's around and given the over capacity in the LTL sector, I ask again, what is there to purchase?

Although fierce loyalty is very admirable and even desirable, is that loyalty worth the millions it would take to make this purchase?

I too hope that is what would happen for the sake of all of the Holland employees, but I can't see anyone willing to do that right now except the employees themselves.

[QUOTE= (Have you checked what would happen with your contract if the company is sold? There would likely be a snap back to the original contract with full wages and pension payments )

I think I read in the new propsal that we would only "SNAP BACK" when purchased if the IBT approved the SNAP BACK. It did not sound to me that it would be automatic if we were bought. The IBT has the last word in this As I read it. But maybe I read it wrong too!!

Think you are right there Jimmyjoe,I believe the first one was an automatic but this one it is up the IBT and you know what that would be....

Thanks.
why would they sell when they can keep you working for nothing. take a stand and vote no, thats when they would sell.

hey I work for yrc, I hope bill Zollar's buy's you guy's! just kidding but would that be crazy if he did????????

Obviously, every organization or investor would be factoring in our (possible) wage snap back and pension obligations before they ever bought us. I think that Zollars and the board would be crazy to get rid of us (and the other regionals) since we have finally became profitable again. Even if it is a small profit, it's still a profit. You have to begin somewhere. There is definitely more than just waving a check in front of Zollars that has to be factored in. I'm not holding my breath waiting.

The biggest hurdles for Holland to be saved from the Hell on earth that is YRCW, is the unfunded pension liability and the snap back provision in the contract. New owner or bankruptcy filing automaticly returns our wages to full rate. I never understood that, if they file bankruptcy how do they pay us full rate? Guess thats why I drive a truck and don't negotiate contracts

Oops, I didn't see NF's post saying exactly what I was saying. It would be sweet for them to sell us and New Penn and Redaway as a group, while YRC was still operating. Oh the azz we would kick

Last edited by a moderator:
I worked for USF Reddaway years ago and I believe Holland and Reddaway are both viable companies. One thing I noticed with Reddaway towards the end of my tenure there (moved on to Saia) was that a lot of the higher ups were being replaced with ex Yellow employees. A sign of things to come I guess. Anyway I don't see any reason why Holland could'nt be purchased outright if YRC liked the deal.