Holland | Question about getting sold.

> Who is the investor? <
The same group of banks that held the bonds for that New Years Eve debacle.

it's me fellas i'm the investor i made 33,000 this year. don't want to lose that. so i'm taking out a loan !

Who is the investor? There is none, I already know, dont make a fool of yourself trying to explain that. I'll still vote NO! Liquidate Baby! Hell'Obama free ride for a 2 yr. break!
As far as I'm concerned this so called "investor" better surface with some paperwork to prove it very, very soon, otherwise the investor will have nothing to purchase. The ballots are in route. (an investor....:6792:)

It is hard to believe that so many people are willing to vote no on this plan. if you vote no you are voting yourself right out of a job, and last time i checked jobs are hard to come by right know. unless you found some magical job fairy at one of the halls. trust me i think it sucks but i would rather have a job then be standing in line. you have to right to vote which ever way you choose but just consider everyone else you will be hurting. i am in sales for Holland and have no say in what goes on but i am one of the people that will be out in the cold with you if the doors close. i have a family to support and i am sure a lot of you do also, so how can you look into their eyes and tell them i am going to vote no on this plan and will loose my job. trust me i believe yrcw has mis-managed the heck out of this great company i watched it when it was just that, built on your backs and the best there is, but now is not the time to call the bluff. you have to trust that the new management that will be coming in returns us to that glory, we just have togive them the chance. the financing will be there at the end of the year because a long term solution is in place, and we would have you to thank, but just remeber, we will close our doors if this does not pass. please i beg of you do the right thing and let us move on from all this crap and go out there and take down the non-union competition.

How can we vote no? Because we have a responsibility to the junior men to protect them as well as ourselves. The work rules changes in this MOA will ensure that they will not be able to take care of their families. Senior guys, like me will be able to take care of their families because this will have very little effect on us, for now. But six months from now, or June when they REFUSE to begin minimal pension contributions they will be back asking for more changes that will affect us or they will close. Right now, with the acceptation of benefits, most junior men would be doing just as well at the companies where all this freight will go, as they would here after all this implemented. Please tell me why I should give yet another chance to a management group that has absolutely no intention in keeping Holland long term. The only reason they have not liquidated us, as they have EVERY other cash rich company they have purchased, is the economy. They lack the management skills necessary,customer service, trucking know how, or people skills, to get this boat out of these economic times. If they had any real desire to survive, let alone succeed, they would have come in with an army of time study people when they bought us, returned to Yellow and implemented what they observed there. The Union would have rubber stamped it. "Magical job fairies at one of the Halls", wow, ridicule is a management tool right out of the YRC handbook. "Take down the non-union competition" I always looked at every LTL company as competition, Yellow especially. "Trust in the new management coming" Are they wiping out all of the management currently in place? NO! You would have to start at Mike Smid and wipe management levels, all the way down to Scott Ware, rehire only those with no affiliation with YRC, or former YRC ownership. Then and only then would I take another chance in trusting that a management team could take us back to the "former glory" Holland cease to exist the day Yellow bought us, get used to it. You and I are YRC employees and the future of our employment her is the only thing at stake, not my families future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a question. I'm not looking for any opinions, I'm looking for facts. I know that some of you guys have great search engines to look stuff up. Please, not opinions, we all have them. A link to an article would be great.

Does anyone know for a fact that Holland could be sold off separately from YRCW? Our stock is combined, obviously, but could we actually be separated financially and sold off, or do we have to go down with the ship? Everyone always talks about us getting sold....but is it even possible? Anyone???????? Please provide us with an article if there are any available.

Thanks.

Here's a news reader you an everybody else can subscribe to an get all info pertaining to yrcw sent to you via e-mail, that way its not hear say!!!!

What is RSS - Really Simple Syndication - And How Do You Use RSS

Fellow teamsters,keep in mine, the contributories, that are being made, are paying the resent retires,pensions,the juniors behind you are going to be paying yours,I feel the same as a lot of you, I would love to see yrc crash an burn,they treat the people like crap,don't care about your families,just the bottom line,so do we vote no,an watch the possible demise of the teamsters,or vote yes an try to save ourself,I freekin hate the thought of it, I've bitched at our president of our local till i'm blue in the face,about devirseifing the pension when we were at our peak,getting 23% on our pension envestments,covering our a.ses but no greed took over,I could go on an on,so yes I'm undesided.

If you don't mind, can I put my two cents in. I've been Trailer Trucking for about 27 yrs and been a Teamster for 24 yrs, was at Consolidated Frieghtways 11 yrs of the 24 yrs. With that being said, I joined the Union for a reason. Not just for good pay and benefits but for dignity, respect and a better way of life. Being a Teamster stood for something. It said we stand together as Teamster brothers and look out for whats best for each other. We stand strong and stand for principles. We have to ask ourselves " Am I willing to throw away 50 yrs of Teamster progress of what was hard fought for at the chance of losing a job, or give in to corporate mismanagement, lies, disrespect and greed to save my own butt." Let's stand with those sacrificed before us for what we have. I would rather go down fighting for what is right than to live with myself as a spineless pushover.

It is hard to believe that so many people are willing to vote no on this plan. if you vote no you are voting yourself right out of a job, and last time i checked jobs are hard to come by right know. unless you found some magical job fairy at one of the halls. trust me i think it sucks but i would rather have a job then be standing in line. you have to right to vote which ever way you choose but just consider everyone else you will be hurting. i am in sales for Holland and have no say in what goes on but i am one of the people that will be out in the cold with you if the doors close. i have a family to support and i am sure a lot of you do also, so how can you look into their eyes and tell them i am going to vote no on this plan and will loose my job. trust me i believe yrcw has mis-managed the heck out of this great company i watched it when it was just that, built on your backs and the best there is, but now is not the time to call the bluff. you have to trust that the new management that will be coming in returns us to that glory, we just have togive them the chance. the financing will be there at the end of the year because a long term solution is in place, and we would have you to thank, but just remeber, we will close our doors if this does not pass. please i beg of you do the right thing and let us move on from all this crap and go out there and take down the non-union competition.

Sales?What area?

has anyone given any thought to how much OUR UNION HAS HELPED US TO OUR CURRENT SITUATION every since I heard RESTORE THE POWER or GET THE HAMMER BACK we have been giving it away look at Schneider Transport they were aloud to go under and then CF they were both aloud to start nonunion companies and then close then there was the UPS give-a-way and all the other deals I think we should all take a long look at who is sailing this ship

the problem is the pension plan...Holland cannot afford to pay the pension for every pensioner out there.. that is the problem with selling off New Penn and Holland. The multiemployer pension fund is the death of the companies.. only the fed goverment can do away with it..it expires in 2014.. then what?...nobody knows