SEFL | Question about the driver trainee program..

Slootflute

TB Lurker
Credits
So I understand that the pay for the duration of the program is $22.75/hr

But what's it look after?? Do the trainees go directly to P&D? Or do they wait for a bid while doing dockwork?

Anyone on here familiar about the whole process??

Thanks

But what's it look after?? Do the trainees go directly to P&D? Or do they wait for a bid while doing dockwork?

Thanks
22.75?!? You've been lied to. It's takes two years to top out and Sefl isn't going to start you at nearly top pay

22.75?!? You've been lied to. It's takes two years to top out and Sefl isn't going to start you at nearly top pay
Trainees work dock until there is an opening to hire a full time driver. Even then you aren't guaranteed to get that slot. It could go to someone management would rather have in that spot

Thanks
What you need to understand about Sefl is that seniority is meaningless. It's all about how much a yes man you can stomach being

Ok thanks..

Just looked at what I orginaly posted..

Meant to say $21.75, that's what the manager told me is what the starting driver pay is (and how much I'll be making)

Also does SEFL have a policy on facial hair??

I have a slight stubble but nothing was ever mentioned about me having to cut it

Ok thanks..

Just looked at what I orginaly posted..

Meant to say $21.75, that's what the manager told me is what the starting driver pay is (and how much I'll be making)

Also does SEFL have a policy on facial hair??

I have a slight stubble but nothing was ever mentioned about me having to cut it
Beards are ok

Dock full time top out around $23, if your city you start out at 22.75, no overtime but the good thing is you can work your 70 hours a week at most terminals, but if you just want to work the minimum you can do around 54 a week, you get a raise every 6 months. Linehaul you get 61.7 mile and team you get 63 per mile drop or a hook on sets is $8, if your waiting on hooks you get delay pay after first hour, you get to stay in nice hotels if you have to laydown. I like it here, people are held accountable for damages and cube is not important it's getting the freight to destination on time damage free, lots of freight to move, and more terminals are being built such as garland tx. You can make a nice living working for Sefl. I can definitely say it's better than most places (freight companies). I know people that have worked for other companies and they say the same thing. I would put us in the top 5. I hope this helps you out.