FedEx Freight | Question about write ups

Ohhhhh,
A red shirt. Why?
Where do you see yourself going in this company? Red shirts tend to get abused, used as canon fodder, and thrown under the bus when a scapegoat is needed.
RC would generally be correct, BUT... If Cali4 had a plan to advance through the ranks, the key is to keep moving. Nose to the grindstone, improve the numbers under your command, then move along up the chain. Generally those that keep advancing seem to do well. Those that stay too long in one position/location, eventually must part ways. Not a universal truth, but certainly the trend...

I generally only read and never post on this forum. However, I will make an exception this one time. You seem to be all over the board on what you want to do. You are eager to advance to any FT position. That is good. If you want to make the most money possible - stay your original course and try to secure a road position. If you want to lead people and make a difference, then consider a management position. You will NOT get rich as a supervisor or manager.
If you decide to pursue supervision, I would suggest you go thru the DDC and become a driver. Be a driver for at least 2 years. It will make you a better supervisor in the long run. You will develop greater perspective in the decisions you will make along your journey.

Good luck to you, no matter which path you choose.

RC would generally be correct, BUT... If Cali4 had a plan to advance through the ranks, the key is to keep moving. Nose to the grindstone, improve the numbers under your command, then move along up the chain. Generally those that keep advancing seem to do well. Those that stay too long in one position/location, eventually must part ways. Not a universal truth, but certainly the trend...
I will also add that if he wishes to pursue a career in management, he must be willing to relocate!! It seems the more one is willing to relocate to advance their career, the faster they tend to climb the ladder!!

I will also add that if he wishes to pursue a career in management, he must be willing to relocate!! It seems the more one is willing to relocate to advance their career, the faster they tend to climb the ladder!!
I did leave that out. That's absolutely true, and a critical part of the equation. Good catch! :1036316054:

Ty Bob the Builder, SMOKESTACK,Redracer3136 and SwampRatt for your replies. I am totally willing to relocate- I would first like to see if I can perform the jobs I've been assigned to do; the best that I could possibly perform them, so I don't go from hub to hub like some spoiled brat. I've got my 6 hu/hr. In on the forklift, and am pulling in and out around 10 trailers an hour...on top of that I'm being as safe as possible around others. I think that if a redshirt position opens up for me, I'll take it. If the ddc city driver position comes sooner, so be it. I have to say that so far, I've learned TONS, and am eager to learn that much more. Thanks!

I generally only read and never post on this forum. However, I will make an exception this one time. You seem to be all over the board on what you want to do. You are eager to advance to any FT position. That is good. If you want to make the most money possible - stay your original course and try to secure a road position. If you want to lead people and make a difference, then consider a management position. You will NOT get rich as a supervisor or manager.
If you decide to pursue supervision, I would suggest you go thru the DDC and become a driver. Be a driver for at least 2 years. It will make you a better supervisor in the long run. You will develop greater perspective in the decisions you will make along your journey.

Good luck to you, no matter which path you choose.
Good stuff, Bob. Don't be a stranger.

Your advice to complete the driver training is solid, as a CDL in a great insurance policy. No matter what comes down the pike, a clean CDL guarantees the ability to find work. Any time, any place, whether you want to or just have to.

Your advice to complete the driver training is solid, as a CDL in a great insurance policy. No matter what comes down the pike, a clean CDL guarantees the ability to find work. Any time, any place, whether you want to or just have to.
True that, Rat.
I've had my CDL for 37 years. I've been unemployed three times due to businesses closing. Never been out of work for more than two weeks.
Given the choice of a free CDL or a red shirt and all the baggage that goes with it, I would take the steering wheel.

That is of course, until the robots take over...At which case this would be the only time in my life where I'm glad I'm approaching 50

I broke a spot mirror on a hostler today. I went to my OM and told him the truth, and he said he would get back with me tomorrow and have me fill out a type of damage form. Now, is that considered a write up? I heard that write ups prevent you from being accepted to other job positions for like 6 months or so. I only broke the mirror, because I had to jump into another hostler, because the 1st one I was in had issues with the 5th wheel and reverse gear, and lost my "groove". Anyways, I'm going back to the computer room to review hostler driving skills, for now.....
sometimes better off lying just saying

Or not, man up and take your lumps.
Ok, l'll play devils advocate. Let's say he did hit the mirror and he knew with 100% certainty that he'd be fired after this incident, but let's hypothetically say that he also knew that if he were to lie that he'd get away with it.... what would u do??

Ok, l'll play devils advocate. Let's say he did hit the mirror and he knew with 100% certainty that he'd be fired after this incident, but let's hypothetically say that he also knew that if he were to lie that he'd get away with it.... what would u do??
Whether it's a camera, a "red shirt", or a fellow employee with an agenda, it seems there's always somebody somewhere that saw it happen!!
Honesty is the best policy IMO.

sometimes better off lying just saying

Honestly, I had a feeling that I wouldn't get away with lying about it- I mean, I demolished that spot mirror. It's fine now, though...we're light on freight this season, and while dockworkers are getting 2 1/2 hours of dockwork time, I'm getting in 6 (3 hours dock and 3 hours hostle). I just need my cdl permit, and I'm sure that I'll get into the ddc by years end.