QUESTION???????? David Congdon.. GUYS LOOK AT THIS

Discussion in 'Old Dominion Freight Line' started by outlaw88, Aug 2, 2017.

1. outlaw88

outlaw88 Active Member

I'm doing this because I hope that someone higher up will read this. I was with Old Dominion until maybe but was let go because I don't have a interstate cdl anymore I have a intrastate cdl now. long story nothing I did wrong but anyway why cant I drive with this ???? I'm a P and D driver and don't even cross state lines . In three years a can reapply for a interstate cdl anyway . Whats a few years ? I GAVE OD 22 YEARS OF MINE. I have been driving for 27 years and have a clean driving record. I still have everything I need to drive for OD. I have faught all I can to get my interstate cdl. I have a family to take care of this is all I asking of OD let me drive and do my job. NC DOESNT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME DRIVING WHY NOT OD? I only run Elm city Wilson Sims and Bailey must days I don't even go out of Wilson county. COME ON OD DO RIGHT FOR ME. I just lost 4 weeks vacation that I just would have got back and would have been 22 years safe driving. I won the just one more 10 times in a roll. PLEASE SOMEONE LOOK AT THIS AND GIVE ME A CHANCE !

2. Songremainsthesame

Songremainsthesame Well-Known Member

Why would you lose your interstate CDL? I'm confused...

3. yrc-atm

yrc-atm commodities relocator

Its not about whether or not you cross state lines. Your freight has. That means you are participating in interstate commerce and need an interstate cdl.

4. BillyLo

BillyLo Service 2.0 OD Strong All Time Mastio Champion

Did you accidentally put intrastate when renewing? You really have to wait until renewal? In Wa I think we can just go down and change it anytime. Maybe move your address to a different state, then move your cdl back to NC?

Songremainsthesame likes this.
  5. kenneth

kenneth Well-Known Member

Hate to hear that.Would have to be medically related since this has to do with your DOT card and yes we operate interstate commerce so we all have to be certified for that

6. outlaw88

outlaw88 Active Member

I had laser procedure performed on my right eye and it didn't correct it .My eye is stable. I had three doctors to say I'm ok to drive a commercial vehicle.I filed for a federal motor carriers exemption but they said my eye has to be stable for three years. BUNCH OF CRAP TO ME BECAUSE I SEE 20/20 WITH BOTH EYES OPEN. Also I have a field test done to prove I can see fine. I have a lot of test with colors shapes and other things and I still see fine.

Songremainsthesame and kenneth like this.
  7. kenneth

kenneth Well-Known Member

Believe I would be looking into the matter further.Sorry to hear.But,how did it get on your medical record.Something's are better left alone in my opinion

upnorth likes this.
  8. ltltrkr

ltltrkr Active Member

The DOT says you have to be able to read the eye chart with each individual eye. This is just in case something gets in one eye you still can see for safety. If you can not pass a DOT Physical you can not hold a Interstate med card. You can apply for a federal exemption it that can take forever with no certain outcome. It definitely sucks, but will be extremely hard to find any large carrier to take you. Could they not keep you on the dock or jockey so you can stay working for them.

9. wildcatdriver15

wildcatdriver15 Well-Known Member

Honestly, you're a liability. If you could possibly get in the way of the big green money machine, you get removed. Sorry to hear you were let go, best of luck driver.

10. DBenn2933

DBenn2933 New Member

Probably because you have worked there 22 years topped out and lots of vacation.

11. DBenn2933

DBenn2933 New Member

Probably because you are topped out with lots of vacation.These companies don't care about you and your family.Sorry to hear your situation.

Dick Dastardly likes this.
  12. BillyLo

BillyLo Service 2.0 OD Strong All Time Mastio Champion

OD is really ran by the shareholders, don't let the family values bs fool you.

13. joes bar and grill

joes bar and grill Well-Known Member

:horseshit:

14. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

Interstate Commerce
    Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Title 49 CFR, Part 390.5 defines interstate commerce as trade, traffic or transportation in the U.S. :
    This definition commonly known as the “stream of interstate” clause is subject to interpretation and is the cause for considerable confusion as to what constitutes interstate commerce. Interstate trade or traffic is generally considered to be in interstate commerce until it reaches the final destination associated with its said trade or traffic. Under a strict interpretation of this definition, materials ordered from an out-of-state supplier, or an in-state supplier whose delivery route takes the materials through another state, remain in interstate commerce until they reach the final job site, even if they have been offloaded and stored at an interim site prior to final delivery.
    http://www.ntea.com/NTEA/Industry/RegulatoryRequirements.aspx