TForce | Question for any of the city drivers

Goose

TB Lurker
Credits
Is it just me or are any of you having problems picking up freight from customers that really don't have any idea about the change from Overnite to UPS freight?? All of the people I see say that they were never told about it or they were never contacted about it... Should our sales people be out there telling them about it and giving them info on the changes??

goosen1 said:
Is it just me or are any of you having problems picking up freight from customers that really don't have any idea about the change from Overnite to UPS freight?? All of the people I see say that they were never told about it or they were never contacted about it... Should our sales people be out there telling them about it and giving them info on the changes??

Don't think the UPS sales reps have went into full force yet. They want to see O (God I hate having to use that for a company I work for or don't work for or whatever UPSF) get their sh$t together first.

goosen1 said:

You, as a city driver, are the front line contact with your customers. UPS purchased Overnite in August of 2005. Keeping your customers informed of changes in your company and services it just as much your rtesponsibility as a sales rep. They're your customers. It's your job. Providing service and info is paramount in keeping good customers.

Take a few minutes with each customer and explain the purchase and give them your TM's phone number if they have any questions. If the TM is bombarded with questions he knows his sales force isn't doing a good job.

T251

Teamster251 said:
You, as a city driver, are the front line contact with your customers. UPS purchased Overnite in August of 2005. Keeping your customers informed of changes in your company and services it just as much your rtesponsibility as a sales rep. They're your customers. It's your job. Providing service and info is paramount in keeping good customers.

Take a few minutes with each customer and explain the purchase and give them your TM's phone number if they have any questions. If the TM is bombarded with questions he knows his sales force isn't doing a good job.

T251
T251 you are correct in your analogy. When I see that my customers still has Overnite as the noted carrier at the top of the BOL I scratch through it and put UPS Freight(sm) up there instead and then politely explain that Overnite was a great company and reassure them that UPS Freight(sm) is a great company as well and we will continue to do the same great job.​

Johnnybegood said:
Maybe if we had a better attitude the customers would see a change??????

Why the poor attitudes ? They've already given you a nice new uniform , a raise , and a neat toy truck .

Not to mention the new clean cut image you guys are sporting out there ...

What raise?

I've told my customers about the change over for months,and yet they where surprised to see me in the new uniform,after the first of May.

Customers that we don't often deal with, when I go to them after being dispathed.
They say UPS?
When they see my uniform.

We didn't call UPS we use Fedex.
Than they see my Overnite football sticker on the side of my route trailer,and say your Overnite?

Yeah we have freight for Overnite.

Than I've got to go through the speech i've made up.
I say Overnite closed their books forever on April 30th,and re-opened UPS Freight May first.

The very next statement out of their mouths,is nice uniform,so did you get a raise?

I say no,why would we?

They all have said well aren't you Teamsters now that your UPS?

I tell you what people hear you talking but they don't listen to what you say.

I never knew it would be such a hassel being associated with the UPS brand?

For some odd reason they've called the terminal with their large freight order,than either they don't want you when you show up,or think your going to make the pick up with a little Brown UPS Truck.
Come on people get a clue?

All of us old Overnite folks thought we'd be getting a lot of freight when we changed.
But if anything its dropping off.
Oh well its like everything else in our short lives,time will tell.

Apostolic said:
I've told my customers about the change over for months,and yet they where surprised to see me in the new uniform,after the first of May.

Customers that we don't often deal with, when I go to them after being dispathed.
They say UPS?
When they see my uniform.

We didn't call UPS we use Fedex.
Than they see my Overnite football sticker on the side of my route trailer,and say your Overnite?

Yeah we have freight for Overnite.

Than I've got to go through the speech i've made up.
I say Overnite closed their books forever on April 30th,and re-opened UPS Freight May first.

The very next statement out of their mouths,is nice uniform,so did you get a raise?

I say no,why would we?

They all have said well aren't you Teamsters now that your UPS?

I tell you what people hear you talking but they don't listen to what you say.

I never knew it would be such a hassel being associated with the UPS brand?

For some odd reason they've called the terminal with their large freight order,than either they don't want you when you show up,or think your going to make the pick up with a little Brown UPS Truck.
Come on people get a clue?

All of us old Overnite folks thought we'd be getting a lot of freight when we changed.
But if anything its dropping off.
Oh well its like everything else in our short lives,time will tell.
I was talking to a Yellow driver yesturday and he said the same thing. Some regions are off a little. We have picked up some new business from a couple of different places. and it dose seem to be picking up here lately.:smilie_132:

goosen1 said:
First welcome to the boards goosen1!! I peddle freight in a small city with a lot of business. Most of my regular customers know me. I try to pass on any information regarding promo's and general operational changes. This in turn has worked out for the better on my run. When I got the run, freight to deliver and pick up was slim and none. Building a good relationship with these businesses has paid off. They are now requesting UPSF for in and outbound. This is what I wanted, because before, our idiot dispatcher would send me all over God's creation for pick ups and deliveries. Also another thing I want to add is no matter what kind of pi$$ing contest you may be in with management, never let the customer know. It's a quick way to lose customers due to negativity and to have out of context words getting back to the terminal that can get you fired.

customers ask if we got a raise and if we are union, good questions. some day we will have a good answer instead of something we make up. UPS wants consistancy.