Question for the "Higher Ups"

What do you think we should pay part time help??? Last I saw top dock was 21+ an hour. Do you think we should pay part time 10-12 dollars an hour to do the same work your doing?? If you want get decent help you have to pay a decent wage... what the hell you think we were fighting for last year.. jevic still pays less then New Century, R+L, central transport, from anywere 60 cents to over a dollar per hour. It's tuff to get good people to come here when your not paying the top rate.

What do you think we should pay part time help??? Last I saw top dock was 21+ an hour. Do you think we should pay part time 10-12 dollars an hour to do the same work your doing?? If you want get decent help you have to pay a decent wage... what the hell you think we were fighting for last year.. jevic still pays less then New Century, R+L, central transport, from anywere 60 cents to over a dollar per hour. It's tuff to get good people to come here when your not paying the top rate.

Exactly right. In any business you want to get the most for the least. That applies to the most production for the least cost, or the most revenue for the least effort.

Just like when you go to the supermarket, or hire a guy to tile your bathroom, etc...

Exactly right. In any business you want to get the most for the least. That applies to the most production for the least cost, or the most revenue for the least effort.

Just like when you go to the supermarket, or hire a guy to tile your bathroom, etc...

gab,i just had some home improvements done
a while back- a new bathroom with tile work.

i had apx 12 estimates from contractors,in
my case i didnt go with the cheapest price,
i went with the guy with the most experience
and got referances. i figure id be better off
with quality then something that was slapped
together.---better off in the long run

sometimes you just have to pay for quality

1877657733db041cb8c8js4.jpg

Sounds like they would like to replace us with cheaper labor, this includes you also Eugene!
next time your raise comes up a little short think about it? The most for the least!!!
Sacraficing quality for cheaper labor.

O'La amigo's

Skullduggery, you wit....

How about we rephrase that to more HOT nurse pictures....(and I'm not talking flames, either Skull!):1036316054:

What kind of "QUALITY" do we get from part timers?? They aren't going to give the same effort and quality as a full time employee. I'm not saying get rid of them, just rethink the vacations and personal days, if you don't want to eliminate the vac. and p-days, at least limit to 1 week and 3 days a year, Jevic could save money. And by the way in the ATL we don't get paid $21 an hour. How much money do we drop on "RODEOS" it seems like that money could be used for better things too. How much has our freight picked up now that customers know we have really safe drivers?? Guys, get off the short bus and think about how we can keep this ship afloat. (Or is the captain and first mate already in the lifeboat?)

What kind of "QUALITY" do we get from part timers?? They aren't going to give the same effort and quality as a full time employee. I'm not saying get rid of them, just rethink the vacations and personal days, if you don't want to eliminate the vac. and p-days, at least limit to 1 week and 3 days a year, Jevic could save money. And by the way in the ATL we don't get paid $21 an hour. How much money do we drop on "RODEOS" it seems like that money could be used for better things too. How much has our freight picked up now that customers know we have really safe drivers?? Guys, get off the short bus and think about how we can keep this ship afloat. (Or is the captain and first mate already in the lifeboat?)

How many partimers does Jevic really have? At J2 we only have 4 or 5. That can't have that much of an impact on the bottom line.

Pro rated vacation pay probably comes out to 1 week and 3 personal days. I am sure they don't work over 30 hours a week.