FedEx Freight | Question for Trophy Truck Recipients

Afaik the only manufacturer that currently offers heated and cooled seats is Volvo. And it's a rare option, even on top spec o/o VNL780 models. Everyone else offers butt warming only, and even that's rare.

I expect that trophy trucks with leather seats are exempt from having FedEx seats, since I really don't think FedEx would pay for a handful of leather seat covers for trophy trucks.

I wouldn't be so sure about that... Same seat in all new (road) trucks, for the past several years. I've not noticed the city unit seats, so I can't be certain on them.

Same branded stitching on the leather & cloth...

W9sgBVR.jpg

I wouldn't be so sure about that... Same seat in all new (road) trucks, for the past several years. I've not noticed the city unit seats, so I can't be certain on them.

Same branded stitching on the leather & cloth...

W9sgBVR.jpg
I stand corrected. Thanks for the insight! I'm kinda surprised they would do that, honestly.

I stand corrected. Thanks for the insight! I'm kinda surprised they would do that, honestly.
This from Equipment Spec meeting, back in July, 2015:
"Seats- All will be FedEx spec with FedEx logo embroidered on head rest, from the manufacturer. This to insure, without question, compliance to the specs."

It looks like the contracted manufacturer is National Seating. Not off the self units, but rather special order, used in all FXFE purchases. Very nice seats, IMHO.

https://www.nationalseating.com/en-us/products/seats-by-vehicle/heavy-duty-truck

I saw a new YRC Peterbuilt the other day. They are running the Volvo's with the blingy LED headlights now too...

Wow, I’ve never seen a YRC truck with anything blingy on it...I’ve even seen some of their new Volvo’s that still have the old style headlights that we ran 10-15 years ago

I crawled in one of their "new" trucks last year. It was at a TDC event - still had the plastic on the seat. I couldn't figure out how they got Volvo to make them a brand new 15 year old truck.

But they definitely seem to be purchasing some better models in the Northeast!

Wow, I’ve never seen a YRC truck with anything blingy on it...I’ve even seen some of their new Volvo’s that still have the old style headlights that we ran 10-15 years ago
That's because YRC, along with some other carriers, use the VNM 300 short hood regional tractor instead of the VNL 300 long hood linehaul tractor. This trend continues with the new VNR. The VNM used a short variation of the original VN hood used from 1996-2002.

The new white units have radios with XM in them, so I hear.