FedEx Freight | Question on a via

Boats n hoes

TB Lurker
Credits
I'm dispatched. After I'm dispatched a via comes up. I'm still in the yard and haven't left. Does the person under me have rights to the via that came up over me? This person claims so. I have seniority plus I'm higher on the bid. Dispatcher knows I'm still there and can see me at the shack. Does he have to offer it to me or does it just simply go to the person under me.

Should go to you. This happened to me Monday night. Was pre tripping the tractor and dispatch called me asking if I want the via central just put on. Also depends if you would of had to drop out and rehook causing you to miss gate. But every center runs by their own rules.

Should go to you. This happened to me Monday night. Was pre tripping the tractor and dispatch called me asking if I want the via central just put on. Also depends if you would of had to drop out and rehook causing you to miss gate. But every center runs by their own rules.
This circumstance we were both held late and had missed our gates already.

There's nothing in the policy (that I'm aware of) that says they HAVE to go by seniorty. I guess you could put in for a grievance. Worst they can do (and what they'll probably do) is say no.

I went through something similar at my barn on the city board. An opportunity to volunteer at another center popped up. A DDI managed to snag the assignment for one of his students, so I had a bunch of guys filev ethics complaints. Had them throw the word "union" in there. Made them go down the entire list asking if anybody wanted to go and nobody did, but it's the principle. Ops manager knows it was me and he's being petty by taking forever to approve my boot reimbursement. I'm going on week number 3 of waiting for it. I'm going road because I know the relationship with the ops manager is going to end up with me being terminated.

There's nothing in the policy (that I'm aware of) that says they HAVE to go by seniorty. I guess you could put in for a grievance. Worst they can do (and what they'll probably do) is say no.

I went through something similar at my barn on the city board. An opportunity to volunteer at another center popped up. A DDI managed to snag the assignment for one of his students, so I had a bunch of guys filev ethics complaints. Had them throw the word "union" in there. Made them go down the entire list asking if anybody wanted to go and nobody did, but it's the principle. Ops manager knows it was me and he's being petty by taking forever to approve my boot reimbursement. I'm going on week number 3 of waiting for it. I'm going road because I know the relationship with the ops manager is going to end up with me being terminated.
What I meant was higher on the bid. I should have rephrase that