Yellow | Question on uniforms

Our terminal is getting uniforms and will be paid 100% by the company.
Is this happening all over or just here?
I work dock only. I don't want to wear a stupid uniform. Will I be forced to wear them? After close to 30 years they want me to wear a uniform! What a joke.
Just a waste of money.
Now.... I know it will be hard not to ridicule this thread.... But... Bring it on. Can't wait to hear some of the replies. Should be some doozies.
Oh... By the way... Polyester in 100 degree heat does not sound good!
Anyone refusing to wear the new uniforms, spends a night in the box!!

Might want to read a little about the British author of this article and discover a bit of her background.

Special report: Intersex women speak out to protect the next generation (November 2013)

Elizabeth Jo Roberts

Elizabeth Jo, a 29-year-old freelance journalist from Edinburgh, was brought up as a girl. At three years old, when doctors discovered undescended testes, they removed them without her parents’ consent. She was told at the age of 10 that she was infertile and, in her mid-teens, that she had androgen insensitivity syndrome, having been born with XY chromosomes. She met other people with intersex conditions for the first time only a few weeks ago.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...t-to-protect-the-next-generation-8974892.html

Not my thing, but if you found it titillating that's your business.

If they pay for them 100% and clean them at no charge then we have no choice. But I'll be damned if I'll show myself in public with their rags when I'm off the clock! They can all kiss my ass! I will not advertise for free! I will not be a walking billboard for these cheap bastards! Not while I'm giving 15% and 3/4 of my pension!

SCREW THEM!!

Strictly dock. No waiver. I will wear them. I just don't see the advantages of dock wearing them. I never see the public whatsoever.
And yes... I am comfortable in my Levis and t shirt. After close to thirty years they want us to wear uniforms?
Silly way to spend money they don't have to begin with.
No.. No waiver. I will wrap a couple airbags around myself and duct tape them on. Lol.
But as of now I will wear the rattiest looking Levis I have... Holes and all!
Just to do it.
Correction, they do have the money, just check your paycheck

If they pay for them 100% and clean them at no charge then we have no choice. But I'll be damned if I'll show myself in public with their rags when I'm off the clock! They can all kiss my ass! I will not advertise for free! I will not be a walking billboard for these cheap bastards! Not while I'm giving 15% and 3/4 of my pension!

SCREW THEM!!
Any company not paying the full amount into the pension, spends a night in the box !!!!!

does this mean i will have to get a hair cut and shave? i look a lot like super courses avatar! bet i can get them on past practice have had the beard and hair for well over 20 years! never been a problem before do not see why it would be a problem now. i hope the pants are not the kind you know every time you bend over you have plumber's crack?

SCREW THEM!!
Dinger my friend, lighten up Bro. Where does all this hostility come from? I think it's long overdue. There are several reasons the Military issues uniforms one is to create cohesiveness within the Units. You then develop an Esprit de Corp.

All the other Companies have Uni's and they look sharp. We look like a bunch of Pirates.

Dinger my friend, lighten up Bro. Where does all this hostility come from? I think it's long overdue. There are several reasons the Military issues uniforms one is to create cohesiveness within the Units. You then develop an Esprit de Corp.

All the other Companies have Uni's and they look sharp. We look like a bunch of Pirates.
I wore the military uniform for four years, and I swore I would never wear a uniform again. Now I am still very pro military, but there is a time and place for everything. During my 36 years in the trucking industry I always tried to be an individual, and a Roadway pirate.

Last edited:
I wore the military uniform for four years, and I swore I would never wear a uniform again. And I am still very pro military, but there is a time and place for everything. During my 36 years in the trucking industry I always tried to be an individual, and a Roadway pirate.
I hear u loud & clear Brother mud. But, we do look desheveled.

I wore the military uniform for four years, and I swore I would never wear a uniform again. Now I am still very pro military, but there is a time and place for everything. During my 36 years in the trucking industry I always tried to be an individual, and a Roadway pirate.
I'm thinking you were quite the "swashbuckler"!

Just as a thought from a retiree, why not put all of management, the sales force and office workers in uniforms also.
And Jamie Pierson sure looks a little desheveled.

Last edited:
Just as a thought from a retiree, why not put all of management, the sales force and office workers in uniforms also.
And Jamie Pierson sure looks a little dseheveled.

At UPS (parcel) whenever a supervisor rode with you they had to "brown up".

NMFA Article 12 language has been much of the same back to my 1988 contract book....the only changes over that time are in bold print on this post.

The Company has to submit to the IBT a sample of the uniform to be approved by the IBT because of the IBT logo being applied. They have to approve the uniform, and must be union made if possible....If we have to wear them, we should push the UNION MADE label to be applied....KK

ARTICLE 12. UNIFORMS

Before the Employer purchases uniforms, it must present a sample of the material for the uniforms to the Union for approval. If the sample material type is not used in the finished uniforms, the Union employees are under no obligation to wear the uniforms. The Union’s approval shall not be unreasonably withheld.

The Employer agrees that if any employee is required to wear any kind of uniform as a condition of his/her continued employment, such uniform shall be furnished and maintained by the Employer, free of charge, at the standard required by the Employer. Said uniforms shall be made in the United States by union vendors, if possible, and will have the Teamster emblem appropriately applied. The Employer shall replace all clothing, glasses, hearing aids and/or dentures not covered by company insurance or worker’s compensation which are destroyed or damaged in a wreck or fire with company equipment.

The Employer has the right to establish and maintain reasonable standards for wearing apparel and personal grooming. The following provisions shall govern the wearing of shorts, unless the Employer and Local Union has a prior existing practice: During the period May 1, through September 30, employees shall be allowed to wear appropriate shorts, subject to the guidelines set forth herein. Appropriate shorts shall be defined as walking or Bermuda style shorts with at least two (2) pockets and belt loops and which cannot be shorter than two (2) inches above the knee, properly hemmed at the bottom and of a conservative basic solid color, (black, blue, brown or green). Socks and appropriate foot wear must be worn at all times. Short shorts, cut offs, unhemmed, athletic, gym, biking, spandex and calf length shorts shall not be allowed.
Material has ak ready been approved by union