Yellow | Question on uniforms

61K-JIJYoQL._UL1500_.jpg

dL6gmjv.jpg

I looked like Charles Manson wearing a t-shirt and shorts while delivering freight in my Roadway pumkin back in 1982.
Well then Charles. Get out your t-shirt, and go deliver this 48 grand I am sending you!!!!!

Our terminal is getting uniforms and will be paid 100% by the company.
Is this happening all over or just here?
I work dock only. I don't want to wear a stupid uniform. Will I be forced to wear them? After close to 30 years they want me to wear a uniform! What a joke.
Just a waste of money.
Now.... I know it will be hard not to ridicule this thread.... But... Bring it on. Can't wait to hear some of the replies. Should be some doozies.
Oh... By the way... Polyester in 100 degree heat does not sound good!

The company will do what they want with us & we can't do a damn thing about it. We use to belong to a Teamster union that would negotiate and represent us. Those days are long gone and we've been sold down the river. We have nothing left except a weekly paycheck.
This is the first time I've heard about the forced uniforms but I find
It hard to believe. With all of the cuts they continue to make & lack of any new equip why would they focus on stupid uniforms?

The company will do what they want with us & we can't do a damn thing about it. We use to belong to a Teamster union that would negotiate and represent us. Those days are long gone and we've been sold down the river. We have nothing left except a weekly paycheck.
This is the first time I've heard about the forced uniforms but I find
It hard to believe. With all of the cuts they continue to make & lack of any new equip why would they focus on stupid uniforms?
Well that used to be Teamsters union did negotiate the uniforms for you. Go back to first page of thread and read KK's post. At least you will not have to wear heels !!!! Or a bag on your head !!!!

Well that used to be Teamsters union did negotiate the uniforms for you. Go back to first page of thread and read KK's post.
you will not have to wear heels !!!!
Or a bag on your head !!!!

Yeah I read it! 1988? When is the last time we've had a new contract book?
Oh wait, how bout a new contract? One that is upheld by our union reps? Not just extension after extension & mou's
The uniforms are not the big issue
here. It's the company doing what they want to us and there's nothing we can do.

Oh wait, how bout a new contract? One that is upheld by our union reps? Not just extension after extension & mou's
here. It's the company doing what they want to us and there's nothing we can do.
You could run for Hoffa's job, and fix things yourself.

They've been published after every contract has been ratified. If you haven't been interested enough to ask for one since 1988 then you're the problem not the Union.

There have been many contracts negotiated, voted on and ratified since 1988, where have you been, asleep somewhere?

What exactly has the company done that's in violation of the contract? Give specifics and tell me what you have done about those specific instances. Specifics please, not just generalizations. Did you or your rep file on any of the things you're talking about? If not, why not? And another question, if you haven't had a contract book since 1988 how do you know what's allowed and what's not?

You could run for Hoffa's job, and fix things yourself.
And join the corruption? No thanks!!
I pay my union dues just like everyone else. I expect representation!!
How can we hav our union leadership on the board of directors at yrc?? Conflict of interest at it's finest!!
You & KK have nothing but answers on here & have your fingers on the pulse so I recommend the two of you run against Hoffa and fix everything

They've been published after every contract has been ratified. If you haven't been interested enough to ask for one since 1988 then you're
the problem not the Union.
No, we were talking about the original thread here and I was asked if I read it. Yes & I was referring to the article 12 in 1988.
I am well aware of contracts that have been signed over the years. It's been a long time since the last one was agreed upon by the company & the rank & file. The extensions just keep coming and there has been so many mou's and backdoor agreements that none of us really know what the real work rules really are. Where is the updated contract book?
As far as my personal grievances, how about the article in our contract that states any costs incurred for shall be born by the company. I don't have the exact article # in front of me. Isn't getting fingerprinted by the Dept of Homeland Security part of the identification process everytime I must get my hazmat endorsement? I must have this to work for yrc. Why aren't they paying for the background check and why isn't the union forcing them?

Another article states all days off work due to accident or injury shall count as days worked as it may pertain to vacations. I was denied & forced to work all summer w no time off. Its like the union is letting the company do whatever they want.
If there are still work rules why doesn't the union uphold those that benefit it's members & not just the company?

There have been many contracts negotiated, voted on and ratified since 1988, where have you been, asleep somewhere?

What exactly has the company done that's in violation of the contract? Give specifics and tell me what you have done about those specific instances. Specifics please, not just generalizations. Did you or your rep file on any of the things you're talking about? If not, why not? And another question, if you haven't had a contract book since 1988 how do you know what's allowed and what's not?
They've been published after every contract has been ratified. If you haven't been interested enough to ask for one since 1988 then you're the problem not the Union.

Roadway trucker found asleep in a yellow truck...