Yellow | Question on uniforms

They've been published after every contract has been ratified. If you haven't been interested enough to ask for one since 1988 then you're the problem not the Union.

There have been many contracts negotiated, voted on and ratified since 1988, where have you been, asleep somewhere?

What exactly has the company done that's in violation of the contract? Give specifics and tell me what you have done about those specific instances. Specifics please, not just generalizations. Did you or your rep file on any of the things you're talking about? If not, why not? And another question, if you haven't had a contract book since 1988 how do you know what's allowed and what's not?

Pick, Pick, Pick! No wonder I hardly ever browse this, as my daughter calls it, "BIOTCH website!" Hard to believe you retired as a TEAMSTER, only to ridicule, diminish, and demean the current workforce. As far as I can tell by reading your brainiac comments, all you care about today, and every single day is MY pension. Me, Myself, and I.
I, myself, at least, still TRY to educate the junior members of their contractual rights!

I have not had or seen a vote since we voted for the give back of 15% in which I said hell no to.
Which means we had no say in the latest agreement.We lose territory and sub it out to non union contractors. Who voted for this crap?

NOW, you know why I have chosen my avatar wisely, and rarely comment on this "adult" site!
A clown site, where all is a comedy, yet never serious enough to suggest and combat company aggression TODAY and in the near future!

Yes, I was trying to overlook a few but coming to the conclusion that you are right. A bunch of retired clowns that have nothing to do except to agitate the current working class.
They've been out of it for so long they have lost touch and have no idea what it's like working for these people.
We continue putting up w this crap day after day, knowing that everything we are giving back is going to support these retirees

Pick, Pick, Pick! No wonder I hardly ever browse this, as my daughter calls it, "BIOTCH website!" Hard to believe you retired as a TEAMSTER, only to ridicule, diminish, and demean the current workforce. As far as I can tell by reading your brainiac comments, all you care about today, and every single day is MY pension. Me, Myself, and I.
I, myself, at least, still TRY to educate the junior members of their contractual rights!

I gave factual responses to a number of his ambiguous complaints. I told him it was his responsibility to get a copy of the contract he's working under. Somehow, in your eyes, that amounts to a "ridicule, diminish and demean" of the current workforce? Yea, OK, whatever you say. Oh, and by the way, show me any post of mine where I was concerned about or even mentioned my pension. Like to make things up just to be able to criticize me? Go ahead, be my guest.

I gave factual responses to a number of his ambiguous complaints. I told him it was his responsibility to get a copy of the
contract he's working under.
Somehow, in your eyes, that amounts
to a "ridicule, diminish and demean" of
the current workforce? Yea, OK,
whatever you say. Oh, and by the way,
show me any post of mine where I
was concerned about or even
mentioned my pension. Like to make

things up just to be able to criticize
me? Go ahead, be my guest.

I cannot get a copy of the current contact because our local here in the central region says it doesn't exist.
The western region copy they showed me on here is the first I've seen.
It doesn't matter though, the union here will not represent us and do not care to fight. Why pay their salary?

I gave factual responses to a number of his ambiguous complaints. I told him it was his responsibility to get a copy of thecontract he's working under.Somehow, in your eyes, thatamounts to a "ridicule, diminishand demean" of the currentworkforce? Yea, OK, whateveryou say. Oh, and by washout show me any post of mine where I was
concerned about or even mentioned
my pension. Like to make things up
just to be able to criticize me? Go
ahead, be my guest.

And btw, ambiguous? I don't think so.
Article 47 1&2. 'Identification'
So I hav to take a day off, drive 90 mi to the closest fingerprint site in My car w My gas to haul their Hazmat? Bullshit!! Reimburse me!! $350 is what I lost for that one day.

Lack of involvement is the primary issue. It is the duty and RESPONCEBILITY of each and EVERY MEMBER to know their rights under the terms of our Collective Barginning Agreement. As well as the limitations. Don't come on here with the "woe is me" attitude, don't blame the Teamsters. Look in the mirror! You are responsible to inform yourself.
If a serious question is asked, a serious answer will be given.
Whining will likely be met with derision.

Lack of involvement is the primary issue. It is the duty and RESPONCEBILITY of each and EVERY MEMBER to know their rights under the terms of our Collective Barginning Agreement. As well as the limitations. Don't come on here with the "woe is me" attitude, don't blame the Teamsters. Look in the mirror! You are responsible to inform yourself.
If a serious question is asked, a serious answer will be given.
Whining will likely be met with derision.

I'm really starting to believe that we need to have a new thread on here called "Whine" or "Pi** & Moan" where folks can just post all kinds of stuff and just say whatever they want and no one will respond to them because all they really want to do is complain without getting responses. Yea, that's the ticket. The "Boo Hoo" board.

And btw, ambiguous? I don't think so.
Article 47 1&2. 'Identification'
So I hav to take a day off, drive 90 mi to the closest fingerprint site in My car w My gas to haul their Hazmat? :horseshit:!! Reimburse me!! $350 is what I lost for that one day.

HazMat endorsement is not "Identification" as detailed in the contract. It is a certification on your CDL and is applicable to any employer that requires it. It's not something unique to YRC. And if you don't like my answer because it's not what you want to hear then just ignore what I said. Fair enough?

Yeah I read it! 1988? When is the last time we've had a new contract book?
Oh wait, how bout a new contract? One that is upheld by our union reps? Not just extension after extension & mou's
The uniforms are not the big issue
here. It's the company doing what they want to us and there's nothing we can do.

MY GOD DRIVER....I told you it was in my 1988 contract book, and the language has been somewhat changed over the years (I even showed you the difference in what was there in 1988 compared to the present)....do you want me to go back and show you 1964 too?

ARTICLE 12 has ALWAYS been there in the NMFA....the IBT approves the uniforms and the company has to pay EVERYTHING!

So, those who say you will not wear them....go find you another job soon after they fire you, because you will be going before the SAME committee that approved them, that will sustain your discharge for NOT wearing them....just saying....dammit driver!......KK

Uniform thread?
Wow!
Hahaha..... U Funny that's a good pun!
Seriously, EVERY contract ballot as well as MOU ballot mailing contained the proposed changes. Both identified by Article and section, as well as in laymans terms WHAT THOSE CHANGES MEANT!
Shame on ANY member who did not retain those documents. At least until they were provided a NEW contract book!

Yes, I was trying to overlook a few but coming to the conclusion that you are right. A bunch of retired clowns that have nothing to do except to agitate the current working class.
They've been out of it for so long they have lost touch and have no idea what it's like working for these people.
We continue putting up w this crap day after day, knowing that everything we are giving back is going to support these retirees
Well thank you very much! I will try to think of you every pay day.

Feb 30th has been designated as National Hug a Retiree Day. :grouphug:

MY GOD DRIVER....I told you it was in my 1988 contract book, and the language has been somewhat changed over the years (I even showed you the difference in what was there in 1988 compared to the present)....do you want me to go back and show you 1964 too?

ARTICLE 12 has ALWAYS been there in the NMFA....the IBT approves the uniforms and the company has to pay EVERYTHING!

So, those who say you will not wear them....go find you another job soon after they fire you, because you will be going before the SAME committee that approved them, that will sustain your discharge for NOT wearing them....just saying....dammit driver!......KK

Did the 1964 contract include a hat as part of the uniform?:stirthepot:

I have not had a new book since the 98-03 book. I have asked several times for a new one.... Never got one so that is all I have to refer to. Except the mailings. I have all of those.
Yes... We will have to wear them uniforms if they pay 100 % of the cost.
I will wear them. No problem. But I will not wear them to or from work.
I will not advertise for free. I don't now why should I start.
I have a rash already and have not had the opportunity to wear polyester pants!
Whoo Hoo... This is gonna be fun....