Yellow | Question on utility change

Moparman

TB Regular
Credits
How can a terminal thats losing road/dock/switcher but gaining utility bids bid into a terminal that's gaining utility only.Example Terminals 120&135 under option #2 are allowed to bid into 107's 4 gaining utility positions.3 from 135 and 1 from 120.I understand why 135 can because they are not gaining any utility bids, but on the other hand 120 is gaining 4 therefore they would fall under option #3They would first have to bid in their home terminal and then wait to see whats left to bid on in the pool bid (option 3)after the non-gaining utility terminals have selected from their designated terminals.If you read the utility coo it is contradictory.

Bidding

How can a terminal thats losing road/dock/switcher but gaining utility bids bid into a terminal that's gaining utility only.Example Terminals 120&135 under option #2 are allowed to bid into 107's 4 gaining utility positions.3 from 135 and 1 from 120.I understand why 135 can because they are not gaining any utility bids, but on the other hand 120 is gaining 4 therefore they would fall under option #3They would first have to bid in their home terminal and then wait to see whats left to bid on in the pool bid (option 3)after the non-gaining utility terminals have selected from their designated terminals.If you read the utility coo it is contradictory.

Are the ones bidding into 107 loosing more than they are gaining?
Second, I don't think anyone is required to bid into their home terminal if they choose not to.I would think that most people would, but, I don't think it is required.I think the language reads that "they shall have first opportunity".

Transferring in

Also if you have people on layoff that are senior to those transferring in,The senior employee may not exercise their seniority to bump the less senior employee until such time they are recalled to regular full time work at which time they will be dovetailed on the active seniority list,but will not be able to displace a less senior Utility Employee prior to Jan 1 2009,after which, the Utility Employee position will be bid consistent with local bidding practices.

People laid off after this date will be laid off in sonority order.

People on layoff and people who did not bid successfully under option 1 and 2 will have an opportunity to bid positions, not filled in option 1 or 2, under option 3, 1st active to active then inactive to inactive.

Hope this helps some.

Ok what happens if people from 120 & 135 (do not) elect to bid to 107? Is the bidding closed to everyone else except 107 people or does that become part of the pool bidding process?If so they really pulled a fast one on this deal!I'm sure the protest grievances will be filed real quick if this is how it's going down!I know my B.A. isn't happy.This was never discussed in Texas at coo hearings.They just slid it in.

Bidding

Ok what happens if people from 120 & 135 (do not) elect to bid to 107? Is the bidding closed to everyone else except 107 people or does that become part of the pool bidding process?If so they really pulled a fast one on this deal!I'm sure the protest grievances will be filed real quick if this is how it's going down!I know my B.A. isn't happy.This was never discussed in Texas at coo hearings.They just slid it in.

It would be my understanding that those positions not filled under option 1 or 2 would become part of the pool bid.
If still not filled (I am guessing here) then they would be open to your people since, the next move, would be to hire off the street.

Protest grievances must be taken to the coo committee which are the ones that came up with this in the first place, see where I'm going? The coo committee retains authority for one year on all matters relating to the change.

Are the ones bidding into 107 loosing more than they are gaining?
Second, I don't think anyone is required to bid into their home terminal if they choose not to.I would think that most people would, but, I don't think it is required.I think the language reads that "they shall have first opportunity".

At 120 we are losing 12 drivers, 4 dock, 1 jockey and gaining 4 UE. There are guys here with 18 - 20 yrs here, that if they don't bid out (or can't) they will be out of a job.

Bidding

At 120 we are losing 12 drivers, 4 dock, 1 jockey and gaining 4 UE. There are guys here with 18 - 20 yrs here, that if they don't bid out (or can't) they will be out of a job.

Your guys should have options under option 1,2 and 3. since you are gaining and loosing.