Yellow | Question ?

codebreaker

TB Lurker
Credits
Can an employee start at one terminal and drive company equipment to another terminal to do work there during the day and then return back to starting terminal ? This is central region.
Clarify - the terminals are NOT in the same local jurisdiction. Both terminals are dispatched out of same office with terminal manager located in completely different terminal.
Both employees have bid positions at starting terminal (one is 10% and other has bid starting time)

I don't believe this is contractual, but starting terminal Local looks the other way.
Don't know if it would be different if shoe was on the opposite foot with an employee coming into this terminal to do this terminal's work.

I guess I'm not understanding how a 10% can have a bid start time. A "percenter" by definition does not have a bid. Are these EOL terminals? Are all CDL Teamster employees combo?

Can an employee start at one terminal and drive company equipment to another terminal to do work there during the day and then return back to starting terminal ? This is central region.
Clarify - the terminals are NOT in the same local jurisdiction. Both terminals are dispatched out of same office with terminal manager located in completely different terminal.
Both employees have bid positions at starting terminal (one is 10% and other has bid starting time)

I don't believe this is contractual, but starting terminal Local looks the other way.
Don't know if it would be different if shoe was on the opposite foot with an employee coming into this terminal to do this terminal's work.
If your punched in a A terminal you can work a b terminal as long as steward and BA know you are working there only to fill a temporary void where no one is available and it is not a permanent thing .

At New Penn awhile back drivers drove Trucks from South Kearny NJ to Conneticut, Newburgh NY and Trenton NJ to peddle when those terminals were backed up. Everyone was working and locals agreed. Boston they had a driver go up and they put him in a motel and paid meal allowance for a week. All was voluntary.

I guess I'm not understanding how a 10% can have a bid start time. A "percenter" by definition does not have a bid. Are these EOL terminals? Are all CDL Teamster employees combo?
I didn't say that the 10% employee had a start time. He is only a 10% employee, which means he doesn't have a start time only that he has a bid.
The other driver going over does have a start time.
Here is the controversy - the employee short terminal could be covered by laid off employees out of the other local, but as far as we know, the other local has no idea that any of this is going on. And as far as we know, the local over the terminal where these employees start has not told the other local about any of this.

I didn't say that the 10% employee had a start time. He is only a 10% employee, which means he doesn't have a start time only that he has a bid.
The other driver going over does have a start time.
Here is the controversy - the employee short terminal could be covered by laid off employees out of the other local, but as far as we know, the other local has no idea that any of this is going on. And as far as we know, the local over the terminal where these employees start has not told the other local about any of this.
Then the laid off employees should be offered the work opportunity ahead of other drivers.