Yellow | Question.

Another P. S.
I cannot edit the above for some reason.
I do have a permanent placard.
About six of us do. We all got the letter.
They will not let us Park in front of the building.
The parking lot is 150 yards from the building.
No one but clerks and management is allowed to park in front of the building.
They have two spots marked with a blue steel sign for handicapped.
No marking in the spaces on the ground.
Actually even the stripes for the parking spaces are so faded you cannot see them.
Just more facts.

Another P. S.
I cannot edit the above for some reason.
I do have a permanent placard.
About six of us do. We all got the letter.
They will not let us Park in front of the building.
The parking lot is 150 yards from the building.
No one but clerks and management is allowed to park in front of the building.
They have two spots marked with a blue steel sign for handicapped.
No marking in the spaces on the ground.
Actually even the stripes for the parking spaces are so faded you cannot see them.
Just more facts.
So you do have a physical handicap, but are still able to work? Just asking.

Seems to me they might be setting a trap to somehow have you medically disqualified to do your job especially if you are a cdl holder. Just speculation on my part but I'd be careful.

If their intention is to confirm that people using a handicap parking space are actually disabled, and not just fat and lazy and inconsiderate, then in my opinion that's a good thing. Way way too many fat and lazy inconsiderate people taking advantage of the handicap parking spaces. You had to fill out paperwork to get the placard, so if the company request you to fill out paperwork to use a spot on their property, I don't see the problem.

Last edited:
If their intention is to confirm that people useing a handicap parking space are actually disabled, and not just fat and lazy and inconsiderate, then in my opinion that's a good thing. Way way too many fat and lazy inconsiderate people taking advantage of the handicap parking spaces. You had to fill out paperwork to get the placard, so if the company request you to fill out paperwork to use a spot on their property, I don't see the problem.
I can see a problem, if you have a disibillity that prevents you from walking across a parking lot, that same disibillity may prevent you from driving a truck or working a dock. I think caution is required here.

I can see a problem, if you have a disibillity that prevents you from walking across a parking lot, that same disibillity may prevent you from driving a truck or working a dock. I think caution is required here.

Yes i see your point. I have seen 300 lb plus drivers barely able to load the 3 huge coolers and bags of food for their 6 hour run.

If their intention is to confirm that people using a handicap parking space are actually disabled, and not just fat and lazy and inconsiderate, then in my opinion that's a good thing. Way way too many fat and lazy inconsiderate people taking advantage of the handicap parking spaces. You had to fill out paperwork to get the placard, so if the company request you to fill out paperwork to use a spot on their property, I don't see the problem.
If I have a properly issued placard/plate It's none of yours or the companys business, if I pass a DOT medical. When they go to medical school and become my physician they can ask

Last edited:
Think I would just tell them to call the cops myself, let them handle it. Most likely end up "all" parking will be prohibited at the building but then get the first 5 spots outside the fence designated Handicap so the TM has to walk further yet, or get his own sticker.

You could do yourself harm in so many ways giving them access to all your medical information. If @ anytime you declared something on a physical or any other paperwork @ work & your medical records show something else, they will fire you. End of story. The sudden loss of 1100.00 per week in wages & immediate end of any medical coverage for you & the family is not really something you want to suffer over a parking space. Would the clerks in the office pay your bills while you look for new employment? I don't think so. von.

Think I would just tell them to call the cops myself, let them handle it. Most likely end up "all" parking will be prohibited at the building but then get the first 5 spots outside the fence designated Handicap so the TM has to walk further yet, or get his own sticker.
Private property. ABF can & will do what they want. As long as they don’t violate certain State or Federal laws concerning handicap parking there is nothing you can do. 10 bucks say the cops will do nothing for you & wonder why they had to take a run where ABF managers can’t police their own property & or people. To the LE people this probably would be considered a run that is laughed @ during roll call or the donut run. Good luck with the wheel chair saga.

Private property. ABF can & will do what they want. As long as they don’t violate certain State or Federal laws concerning handicap parking there is nothing you can do. 10 bucks say the cops will do nothing for you & wonder why they had to take a run where ABF managers can’t police their own property & or people. To the LE people this probably would be considered a run that is laughed @ during roll call or the donut run. Good luck with the wheel chair saga.
Think you misunderstood, basically I was trying to be polite instead of telling them to pound sand. I think just the opposite, the Cops would tell YRC no violations here and then it would be up to YRC to adjust their parking procedures/ADA compliance.

Ok so think you said you had a disabled plate ?? if so why do you have one ? and can you walk the 150 feet to office ? maybe talk to your union steward and BA about this letter ?

Think you misunderstood, basically I was trying to be polite instead of telling them to pound sand. I think just the opposite, the Cops would tell YRC no violations here and then it would be up to YRC to adjust their parking procedures/ADA compliance.
10-4. My old terminal 2 clerks parked by the office after management left for the night. And 1 dispatcher parked in the 1 handicap slot & has the wheelchair tags on his vehicle. A lot of the general public & employees there park for a short time while they run inside the office. I know I have on occasion with wheel chair tags on my truck.

https://adata.org/factsheet/parking

Have yet to find who has jurisdiction over enforcement. Censoriously doubt its YRC.

Oops answered my own question: "Enforcement activities related to these issues (fraudulent use of permits, illegal parking in accessible spaces, etc.) are typically carried out by state and local authorities, such as city police departments."