Yellow | Question.

If one reads this you will see it was written by an idiot‼️Read the second paragraph specifically the part where it's for transporting a disabled person and not an employee that is disabled :lmao::biglaugh::clappy::clapping:
I am just guessing because it is signed and sent from our terminal but the TM wrote it up for the clerks to type up. And he signed it as said above.
Nope... Not very bright and no proof reading. And they are not TM's because of their brains. The clerks will let the stupid ::shit:: go through on purpose even if they see and know its not right. They are union also.
Thing is I don't understand why they think we cannot use the parking space marked for handicapped at the terminal? If it marked handicap you can use it. No exception. I feel that way anyways.

I would be very tempted fold that letter up with a few Nestle's Toll House chocolate chips and a gob of PB in it and nuke it in the microwave for about 20 seconds and mail it back.

I would be very tempted fold that letter up with a few Nestle's Toll House chocolate chips and a gob of PB in it and nuke it in the microwave for about 20 seconds and mail it back.
No. We cannot do that. All of the correspondence has to be saved as a lawsuit is going to be filed. Some have thrown it away but they shouldn't. The lawyer said we can expect the process to take from one to one and a half years. So everything they send has to be saved. In my mind. Even stupid stuff like the above letter.
I am fiiing a complaint with HIPA against them for just asking for my medical history.
I have been told they cannot even do that. I will find out if it is a violation of my medical privacy. They will not be getting my medical history.
Besides. Why would I want them to know when I had my prostrate exam?
I get that checked here at work everyday! Lol.....

No. We cannot do that. All of the correspondence has to be saved as a lawsuit is going to be filed. Some have thrown it away but they shouldn't. The lawyer said we can expect the process to take from one to one and a half years. So everything they send has to be saved. In my mind. Even stupid stuff like the above letter.
I am fiiing a complaint with HIPA against them for just asking for my medical history.
I have been told they cannot even do that. I will find out if it is a violation of my medical privacy. They will not be getting my medical history.
Besides. Why would I want them to know when I had my prostrate exam?
I get that checked here at work everyday! Lol.....
Show him the colonoscopy

I do have the placard. Legally. That's all I can say about that.
I have been working there with it for a year... Around a year with it. Only because the lot is so far and my disability. Two of them. It does not affect my work. I have worked there... RDWY.... Yrc... For 28 years with the disabilities. So. I will not lose my job..
A lawyer has come out and taken pictures and they are not in compliance along with two other terminals.
It has gotten to the point where you have to follow through.
It may be private property but the public has access. They must be in compliance in all areas. Look at your terminal. Are they? Bathrooms? Breakrooms? We are nit getting younger and you never know it could happen to you where you may need it. We have two veterans who have the military handicapped plates. They cannot Park there either.
I am dock only because of one of my disabilities. Have been for 26 years.
They are not getting access to any of my medical records. That letter I think is illegal under HIPA laws. I am filing a complaint for them even asking for our records to HIPA.
I am not a fool and neither are the guys who got the letter.
The lawyer is taking the case. Would a lawyer... Who is disabled himself and in a wheelchair... Take the case if he could not win? That is a question.
Lots if things are just wrong here. Laws and common sense.

I just put this letter out there for debate. Not to get slammed. This is a serious issue.
Why would they not just mark the handicapped parking places and spend maybe millions to lose a case? This is a federal law. Not something they can snub their nose at and hassas the employees over. Any harassment now will be discrimination. That what I think.
I have gotten pretty familiar with HIPPA laws and your right you do not have to disclose your info to them I also think there is a problem with them wording a letter and dictating Texas law to mislead you to beleive that you have to disclose the info.
Texas cleared you for the plate and that's it. If you can pass the Physical they require to do your job then any disability you may have is none of their business.

I have gotten pretty familiar with HIPPA laws and your right you do not have to disclose your info to them I also think there is a problem with them wording a letter and dictating Texas law to mislead you to beleive that you have to disclose the info.
Texas cleared you for the plate and that's it. If you can pass the Physical they require to do your job then any disability you may have is none of their business.
I do understand that. As soon as I started reading the letter I knew they were wrong.
But they continue down the course they are going down we even though we all have legal plates and placards.
They are the ones pushing. We are just responding to their pushing.

Not even what the law says :emoticon digging:
http://www.dmv.org/tx-texas/disabled-drivers.php

I have several but no more can be done. My colon was removed in 13. I have an ileostomy and wear a bag now. So... I always :::shit::: on the clock! Lol.
One of the first things I learned as a Teamster from the old hands.
Any Teamster who ***** on his own time is guilty of poor planing.

?. Just wondering what you mean. No offense.
HIPPA and DMV are different
Everytime you fill out those privacy papers at the Dr's office that's hippa.
That your right to keep it private and others noses out of your business.
I was referring to the law spells out your Dr. gives you paper to give to the DMV and they issue plates or placard doesn't say anything else. I think he covered all the bases DMV , ADA and HIPPA.

I was referring to the law spells out your Dr. gives you paper to give to the DMV and they issue plates or placard doesn't say anything else. I think he covered all the bases DMV , ADA and HIPPA.
Not repyling to anything. Jmo. I cant read good or walk worth a sheite. If your punching a clock for a living you are like the rest. We give up on a contract worth anything. So we should get lawyers and shut this bs of a teamsters down it isnt how i was brought up. Thats normal for this day and age. What a brotherhood we have here! Something for nothing crowd! Pension pretty much all most will get, whats left of it when we get to that ripe old age. Gonna walk the dog and have a ice t. How far is a football field. Dont want to get out of bounds. Dog might just bite me!

Not repyling to anything. Jmo. I cant read good or walk worth a sheite. If your punching a clock for a living you are like the rest. We give up on a contract worth anything. So we should get lawyers and shut this bs of a teamsters down it isnt how i was brought up. Thats normal for this day and age. What a brotherhood we have here! Something for nothing crowd! Pension pretty much all most will get, whats left of it when we get to that ripe old age. Gonna walk the dog and have a ice t. How far is a football field. Dont want to get out of bounds. Dog might just bite me!
If you are implying I am in it for money. Your wrong. And it's true. The "union" really does not exist. Except on paper. This has nothing to do with the union. It has simply to do with a company complying with state and federal law. A right for disabled citizens to have what they need. And what federal law mandates and also a company that doesn't think it has to comply with the law. It's just wrong in every sense of the word.
Why would you not let two war veterans with disabled plates not Park in a disabled spot? That's what's happening.
We all know they don't care about anything or anyone. Including the public.
Bottom line is... What would you do? Enough is enough.

I have not read all the comments. However, clearly your handicapped tag is a state issued and therefore state approved. A friendly legal reminder as to the requirements of both the ADA and Texas disability laws should be pursued.

I have not read all the comments. However, clearly your handicapped tag is a state issued and therefore state approved. A friendly legal reminder as to the requirements of both the ADA and Texas disability laws should be pursued.
We are pursuing it. They won't back down. But just common sense as it applies to marking handicapped spots... They don't have it up to compliance. We will see.

If you are implying I am in it for money. Your wrong. And it's true. The "union" really does not exist. Except on paper. This has nothing to do with the union. It has simply to do with a company complying with state and federal law. A right for disabled citizens to have what they need. And what federal law mandates and also a company that doesn't think it has to comply with the law. It's just wrong in every sense of the word.
Why would you not let two war veterans with disabled plates not Park in a disabled spot? That's what's happening.
How did the teamsters get to this? I do not remember anything in my working years of sheite like what is spokin of today. I live with a disabled veteran. In my opinion we work walking. Deck bars cardboard,etc etc etc and on and on. Rite or wrong thats a individuals opinion. Solution. Get qet a job you can handle with a disability. Burning company to ground(looking forward to it) just dont seem appropriate. Gonna walk dog. Told me stars are out tonight!

How did the teamsters get to this? I do not remember anything in my working years of sheite like what is spokin of today. I live with a disabled veteran. In my opinion we work walking. Deck bars cardboard,etc etc etc and on and on. Rite or wrong thats a individuals opinion. Solution. Get qet a job you can handle with a disability. Burning company to ground(looking forward to it) just dont seem appropriate. Gonna walk dog. Told me stars are out tonight!
You brought the teamsters (union) into it in the above quote. In a matter of speaking.
Brotherhood also.
My wife is disabled. I don't have intentions as you mentioned above I just want them to follow the rules like we HAVE to follow the rules. I follow the rules. I still go in and work. I didn't shut down and I get along with all the people I work with. We all get along. Management is the one who is causing the problem.. But I found it hard to understand where you were going in your post. Or what you were trying to say. Sorry.