ODFL | Questions about line haul

BradBear

TB Lurker
Credits
I was looking at a posting for linehaul driver out of Greensboro NC. It says be able to stay out for extended periods. Do drivers go out and come back same day. Go out and stay in motel and come back next day. Or, go out and stay out all week then come back in. Thanks

I was looking at a posting for linehaul driver out of Greensboro NC. It says be able to stay out for extended periods. Do drivers go out and come back same day. Go out and stay in motel and come back next day. Or, go out and stay out all week then come back in. Thanks
Yes,all depends on what you want to do and freight dictates alot.They will ask you how long you want to stay out.Also,you may do day/night turn's.Only down side in Greensboro is they have a lot of driver's being a break.

Can someone tell me which terminal in Illinois that would keep Linehaul the busiest and stay out for the week?

Can someone tell me which terminal in Illinois that would keep Linehaul the busiest and stay out for the week?
Probably Decatur, it's close to a major breakbulk; IND and a couple of big regional terminals in Chicago and STL.

Ok thank you. I checked on the status of my app and it said under review, does it usually take a while to hear from them?

Just seen today some truck drove itself from LA to Florida. Best reckon you prep for the future and reapply for a city position.

Ok thank you. I checked on the status of my app and it said under review, does it usually take a while to hear from them?
It all depends on their needs, a slight rush of business can result in a hiring binge by panicking managers.. I realize that's not a definitive answer but I've seen both over hiring for freight that was slow in materializing and waiting until we were buried by managers too slow on the trigger. Usually they'll contact you whithin two weeks and figure almost that long again for the hiring process works it's way out.