FedEx Freight | Questions & Comments for STC newsletter.

imported_River17

TB Veteran
Credits
Some Trucking Companies also had a BIG bounce (STC)
http://www.truckingboards.com/truck...rucking-companies-also-had-big-bounce-23.html

STC does not stand for Sammons Trucking, Missoula, MT.,:biglaugh:
But instead it is a new question and comments thread for anything that you read on Some Trucking Companies also had a BIG bounce, and you would like to discuss or leave comments on articles of interest found in the daily financial letter. I have had a few PM saying that they did not want to leave comments thinking that it would mess up the thread. Since we are getting more readers joining in to get a synopsis of the past day's news, we can see that there are many here that want to stay on the cutting edge of what is going on in the trucking industry and the financial markets and how that affects our economy, our jobs and our 401K retirement plans.

:shift:

I thought STC was the alpha code for St. Clair, MO.

Thanks for the clarification.

roog

roogie :clap:

Next you are going to tell me that STC
is a major hub.
Like we seem to have every 50 miles in the East.:biglaugh:
I'm sure that the folks at this service center will be proud to
be famous on Truckingboards.com.
Almost could not even find it on my Atlas because it sits very
close to where the page for Missouri is cut by the fold on I-44.
st. clair mo - Google Maps

I did a VIA through STC one time about 6 years ago on my way to STL, small place. Seriously out of that thread title I thought something had happened to them, that's how it got my attention!

I did a VIA through STC one time about 6 years ago on my way to STL, small place. Seriously out of that thread title I thought something had happened to them, that's how it got my attention!

roogie :clap:

That is too funny.:biglaugh:
I don't recall seeing any FedEx Freight drivers
from STC ever posting in our forum.
I'm sure Familyman probably
knows them all.
So here is what I will do to promote this newly found Service Center.
The first Truckinboards member from STC that
has more than 17 posts, to post on this thread AND is verified by Familyman will get a 1 year free Premium Membership.

Hey River 17:1036316054:

I look at the STC thread almost daily ... keep up the good work.

thanks

slackdragon :clap:

Thanks for your support.
I keep a daily log of page views on STC.......
and it has been averaging between 60 and 70 visitors
or page views every 24 hours, and a couple of times over 100 in a
24 hour period.
Now we have a place where folks can comment or ask
a question. Also it would be nice to include the link
to the story in question.

Mile Marker 15 Diversity Jeopardy

Did everyone email In the form of a question
the final round question in the Diversity Jeopardy in Mile Marker 15????
For the West this is our first Mile Marker and the deadline for sending the email question is 4/13/09. Tomorrow.

I'd like to add my thanks to River 17 for his contributions to Truckingboards,many evenings the first place I go after logging in is the STC thread,having freight related news is a real convieniance,Thanks again!!!

I'd like to add my thanks to River 17 for his contributions to Truckingboards,many evenings the first place I go after logging in is the STC thread,having freight related news is a real convieniance,Thanks again!!!

DayliteDean :clap:

Thanks.
At least here we can discuss
what is happening in the financial markets
and which way it is heading.
When it comes to future contributions
I for myself I'm waiting for the S&P
to correct and retest the lows of March 9th.
If we ever get that low again is the question.

Oh I hope (fervently!!)the market bottomed march 9,though it would'nt suprise me to see some profit taking this week and a bit of a short down swing...I could live without the dramatic roller coaster ride though!!!I'm most interested to see the quarterly results for our segment of the business I'm already sure they're gonna be bad..how bad will determine a lot of future events at my company(and most everyone elses)such as pay,401k matches,and a pending restructuring of line-haul ops.

I found the CNBC bloggers column in todays STC where they visit the local Chevy dealership very interesting.IMO the dealership experiance is one of the major reasons for the decline of the American auto,In the thirty years that I've been buying cars I can't ever recall a trip to a big 3 car dealership where I didn't feel I needed a shower afterward.After my wifes last visit to a local Chrysler dealership(she was subjected to inapropriate jokes,sexist comments by a salesman,even wolf whistles when walking by the the shop!)because she made the mistake of shopping for her last car without me being with her.That kind of thing just does'nt happen at a Toyota,or Honda dealership even though in some cases the franchises are owned by the same people,The dealership experiance we had at our Acura dealership was the best we've ever had and the car was great too,next year we'll be trading again and the Acura dealership will be the first store we go to,they EARNED the first shot at our repeat business.If the big 3 (or by then2)don't do something about their dealerships its doubtful we'll even subject ourselves to visiting one of their stores.

I found the CNBC bloggers column in todays STC where they visit the local Chevy dealership very interesting.IMO the dealership experiance is one of the major reasons for the decline of the American auto,In the thirty years that I've been buying cars I can't ever recall a trip to a big 3 car dealership where I didn't feel I needed a shower afterward.After my wifes last visit to a local Chrysler dealership(she was subjected to inapropriate jokes,sexist comments by a salesman,even wolf whistles when walking by the the shop!)because she made the mistake of shopping for her last car without me being with her.That kind of thing just does'nt happen at a Toyota,or Honda dealership even though in some cases the franchises are owned by the same people,The dealership experiance we had at our Acura dealership was the best we've ever had and the car was great too,next year we'll be trading again and the Acura dealership will be the first store we go to,they EARNED the first shot at our repeat business.If the big 3 (or by then2)don't do something about their dealerships its doubtful we'll even subject ourselves to visiting one of their stores.

DayliteDean :clap:

You are so right about the experience in the big 3 dealerships.
Nowadays with the internet, if one does their homework before going to the dealer, you can pay closer to the real cost of the car without all the charges like dealer preps and delivery charges.
GM needs to get rid of some 2000 dealerships, and GM, Ford and Chrysler should let you buy your car on the Internet like you by a Dell computer.
This way you can order the basic model and then add as many extras as you want or need and the color of the car and interior. This way the dealers do not have to have so much inventory on hand.
Saturn dealerships did very well because they had a no haggle policy and you did not have to play games to lower the price of the MSRP (manufacturer suggested retail price).
I still drive an old Honda Civic and won't buy a new car till they come out with a turbo diesel engine. Can't see spending the big bucks to buy a Turbo Diesel Mercedes Benz, so I will wait till Honda or Toyota or Fiat? brings a new model by 2010.
And to think that in Europe and many other parts of the world diesel cars make up over 50% of the cars on the road and the other 50% are divided between CNG and gasoline cars.

One thing that suprises me about auto fuel mileage is the haven't been able to improve on the fuel mileage of the VW diesel rabbit of the early 80's if I remember correctly it got almost 50 mpg on the highway,you can't find a current hybrid that can do that.VW still sells a tubo diesel Its in the Jetta you can recognize it by the initials TDI on the rear it still gets great mileage.More proof that American universities should be limited to 1 law school graduate for every 5 engineering school graduates!!