Questions in the event of a strike

Dockworker

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
Found this link to be interesting.
I'm pretty sure we have many OHFL employees viewing these topics rather than participating in the discussions.
Some are facing financial issues and might be wondering what can be done to remain fair to both sides while staying afloat financially.

Questions in the event of a strike Q5 was point blank.

Oak Harbor Freight Lines answers website

Again, I hope both sides come to an agreement soon.

even if you are dues paying only you will no longer receive union protection once the strike is over, you get absolutely no support from them what so ever if you cross. also you have all of the people you work with who didnt cross pissed off at you. like the due paying only line driver in portland.

even if you are dues paying only you will no longer receive union protection once the strike is over, you get absolutely no support from them what so ever if you cross. also you have all of the people you work with who didnt cross pissed off at you. like the due paying only line driver in portland.

I had wondered about that. What would be the benefit to being dues only? It doesn't seem like it would be worth going that way. One would be better off just resigning from the union altogether, I would think.

now im not 100% sure about this but maybe you could lose your pension if you resign from the union? if someone could clarify it would be nice. but that would be a big reason if it were true.

If it is a closed shop resigning from the union is not an option it is part of a requirement in order for you to retain your employment with the company.

"now im not 100% sure about this but maybe you could lose your pension if you resign from the union? if someone could clarify it would be nice. but that would be a big reason if it were true. "

As long as you are vested, you wont lose your pension (which takes 5 years)