Quick dude here!

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
1138 cases, 12 stops, finished 4.5 hrs ahead of schedule, hows that for an old man keeping up with the young fellows, I got a little bit of fight left in me...livin on Alieve baby!!!!!!!!!!

1138 cases, 12 stops, finished 4.5 hrs ahead of schedule, hows that for an old man keeping up with the young fellows, I got a little bit of fight left in me...livin on Alieve baby!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, but your out the 4.5 hrs in pay... Good work takes time, right...? :shrug:

And how many miles round trip? Let me guess, all 12 stops where in the same city block:dance:

Beat this one:
12 stops, 1100 cases, 242 round trip miles, 9.5 hours; that includes 15 pre and 15 post(9 hours for the route)

Beat this one:
12 stops, 1100 cases, 242 round trip miles, 9.5 hours; that includes 15 pre and 15 post(9 hours for the route)

I can't top that Double R, but whats with the pre and posts? I only do one pre trip inspection and one post, per day, whats up with all that?

We do ours on an STS handheld computer, the same on we scan labels with, its time consuming, I hope you don't have to do anything like that.

Hey grocerythrower. I work for Fox River Foods and 1000+ cases and 12 stops in that amount of time is MOVING. We have pups come down to STL from Chicago everynight so its usually like 8 stops 450-500 cases. And people complain when they teeter over 500. U made a comment about scanning, u guys scan every case label?

We do ours on an STS handheld computer, the same on we scan labels with, its time consuming, I hope you don't have to do anything like that.

Nope. Were still stuck in the 90's. Our account won't upgrade. We have Peoplenet in the trucks but right thye only use tehm to track fuel milage. Some day the account may see the light(ya right).

Hey grocerythrower. I work for Fox River Foods and 1000+ cases and 12 stops in that amount of time is MOVING. We have pups come down to STL from Chicago everynight so its usually like 8 stops 450-500 cases. And people complain when they teeter over 500. U made a comment about scanning, u guys scan every case label?

Yes motocross25 we scan every label on every case, I actually like it better than counting cases. We can pull long combinations in Oklahoma so I typically have a 42 foot trailer, being on key drop I know my customers and their product, usually have the same ones, and knowing the system and product recognition, its pretty easy to fly, Sysco does a good job of loading, its not always perfect but 8 out of 10 times the pallets are turned right and it comes off pretty good.

O for sure man I would say that was the hardest thing to get a hang of is product recognition. Its overwhelming at first, but once u start pickin up on it you know exactly what ur tryin to dig out. Which is what I wish FRF was better at we'll have 53 cases on one pallet and the LAST 6/10 case is on the bottom of the next one with 64 on it. Its SO frustrating. Especially when you have zero room and ur throwin stuff on top of other stuff. But it ain't bad it gets the bills paid for now, and at least they do not floor load.

Right now are guys in Eau Claire do 3 to 5 stops a day and up to 700 cases a day. Everything is floor loaded except are pallet job stops. Right now we are only doing chain accounts but soon we'll be doing all the other types of stops. I'm thinking about switching to days and doing routes again. I got a baby due in May so I kinda want to be home in the evening. But its been so long since Ive done it I think I'm a little out of shape to do it and be fast like you guys.

Right now are guys in Eau Claire do 3 to 5 stops a day and up to 700 cases a day. Everything is floor loaded except are pallet job stops. Right now we are only doing chain accounts but soon we'll be doing all the other types of stops. I'm thinking about switching to days and doing routes again. I got a baby due in May so I kinda want to be home in the evening. But its been so long since Ive done it I think I'm a little out of shape to do it and be fast like you guys.

Money, in 3 weeks you won't be sore anymore, it will all come back to you, do whats best for you and yours, I'm sure whatever you choose you will excell!