FedEx Freight | quick question

gonzo0505

TB Lurker
Credits
why does fedx not hire line haul they told me you have to start on city frist or is it the same? and what is the starting rate in dallas and how many hours can you work in a week?

fedex does hire line haul, but it allows city drivers to move up first. Usually there are people waiting to do this, so thats why most people have to start in the city.
I'm not sure about starting pay or hours in Dallas, but I'm sure someone here can help you.

gonzo0505 said:
why does fedx not hire line haul they told me you have to start on city frist or is it the same? and what is the starting rate in dallas and how many hours can you work in a week?
starting pay for city is 17.61 per hour. no hours are guaranteed, at first you start off coming in at 14:30 or later and do a swap or 2 and then work the dock to get your hours. the longer your there the better it gets, earlier start times and less working the dock. It took me 4 years and 3 months to get an assigned tractor with a/c. I have been there 6 years and still dont have enough seniority to bid a line haul position.

Good luck ''gonzo0505''

That is the basics of it . I'm not sure where Grizzly parks his van (what state) but as far as moving through the city to road it will vary on how busy the customer center you go to , sooooo pick a busy one that looks like it is growing fast.Who knows you might like city. The bottom line is you are going to join a good company and meet lots of good folks.
Smokestack / FXF MOD :USA: