Quitline

Hello W@H,

Gave the patches a go when doing Cancer treatment in '01, when smoking was still allowed on hospital property.
ANY patch got me a bit dizzy (well, dizzier than usual).

Gave a go @ Nicorette Gum, NEVER AGAIN.
Chewing Filters (except for the fiberglass) may be better.

My Father, a few times in the late 60's, early 70's attempted to get me to quit before I engaged the HABIT, yet to no avail.

I've QUIT several times, usually when LOCKED UP however I no more get locked up.

Been giving a go with a E-Cig and the Nicotine levels can be CHOSEN,
There are other reasons for E-Cigs:
NO STENCH, NO SMOKE, NO ADDITIONAL CHEMICALS like in factory wrapped cigs.

I've QUIT a few things in me Life, some, DRINKING, WITH HELP, some other things without.

My Father smoked Pipes and Cigars until I was in me mid teen years and I should have chosen Pipes (as they would have helped with other experiments).

With a FEW exceptions, everyone I've known in their upper 50's and mid 60's, when they quit smoking, they soon developed respiratory problems, so I still wonder if quitting the tobacco will/does exacerbate the inevitable health negativity. It seems a goofy curiosity yet evidence proves not so goofy.
A friend of mine in the 90's was on Oxygen and going through Chemo AND Radiation outpatient "treatments" and would remove the mask to have a Lucky Strike, Paul Mall or Camel and he was only in his early 60's.

Not everyone who wants to quit, quits.
If at first you do not succeed, there are many times to follow.

A Poster my Mother got me in the mid 70's:
ENJOY THAT CIGARETTE and remember ANY BREATH COULD BE YOUR LAST!!

From one smoker to You:
I HOPE YOU ARE SUCCESSFUL in your endeavor!!

CHEERS!! :wavey:

My goal, may be a tad extreme..but I just found a 5k run that I want to enter into, (I have NEVER EVER had the urge to run..ever). I will make an exception for this though..

http://insaneinflatable5k.com/

Its a run, for adults made up entirely of bump and jumps...I will quit before this race and this will be my reward.
I think it will be a blast! LOL. Or it will kill me, either way I am going to quit! Haha

Sent from my drone magnet

My goal, may be a tad extreme..but I just found a 5k run that I want to enter into, (I have NEVER EVER had the urge to run..ever). I will make an exception for this though..

Insane Inflatable 5K

Its a run, for adults made up entirely of bump and jumps...I will quit before this race and this will be my reward.
I think it will be a blast! LOL. Or it will kill me, either way I am going to quit! Haha

One step at a time. It took me a year and at least 20 tries to quit smoking. I finally got tired of hacking up green stuff in the morning and humiliating myself bumming cigarettes off of my fellow workers.

Last edited by a moderator:
So after getting an initial call from the "Quitline", to help me stop smoking, all I can say is.. what a joke. If they think continuing to use such a snotty, ill mannered and low brow woman such as the one I spoke to, supposedly to sign me up with a coach is going to get more people to quit, I say.. good luck.

Anyone else had experience with this service?

Look, listen and pay attention.

[video=youtube_share;-2w7ksD0ZlE]http://youtu.be/-2w7ksD0ZlE[/video]

Insane Inflatable 5K

Ah yes, $49 -$75 to test your endurance.
Well, since you smoke, you'll have less endurance.
I'm doing good just walking 1 LAP around a large truck stop.
Running is not in my portfolio.
Just keep a good check on your Blood Pressure.

Which are you: Grand Junction or Denver?
One coming to Charlotte, NC in October for you overweight and (like me) out of shape guys and gals.

CHEERIOS & WHEATIES!!

Quit smoking in 1990,three packs a day five if Iwent out drinking which did a lot,also cleaned up from several years of cocaine and heroine use at the same time,I was quite a raw sonofabitch for a while. I did the running thing for a long time untill both knees were shot now like CK I walk,2 to3 miles a day,seems to keep my body mass in check unless i walk by a cherry cheese cake at the Amish Market and then Im ****ed.Wildheart the pictures you have posted show someone thats easy on the eyes,so go to a mirror set down and watch yourself smoke and see what everyone else sees when you do this,and think about the insanity of what your doing to your body.Then,go run till ya pass out.Good luck,were all cheering for ya.

I smoked 34 years and quit got lucky not hard really for me. I guess my body was ready for me to quit . I will share what I did to kick the habit that worked like a charm. This will sound crazy but honest to god this is how I quit. First yes grab patches have that last cigg place on a patch now go to your local drugstore I use Rite Aid go in the cough and cold aisle look for the product Fishermans Friend Couch drops they are in a paper bag hanging usually . Buy yourself about 6 bags of them They come in diff flavors I liked the Cherry best but First 3 days of your quit Suck on only the MENTHOL ones if cherry menthol is in stock load up on that one. Every time you would have a cigg grab a cough drop to two suck it in enjoy and inhale the flavor like you inhale a cigg its amazing but I swear it is like having a cigg. Go Figure but this does work to this day I still am smoke free since Dec 6, 2006 . So when trying to quit follow this plan and it will work.

I used to smoke 3 &1/2 packs of non-filter cigarettes daily,& was always coughing.
I met a guy dying of cancer who had smoked for many years but had just quit.
His Doc told him he may add some more time on his life if he stopped smoking.
He told me that was his greatest motivation,said after trying everything to quit,he realized his cigarettes were controlling him.
He asked me if I liked smoking,I said,not sure,I guess not.

He said if I had the desire to quit that is 50% of anything,the other 50 is figuring out how to do what you want.

So he gave me this tip: To recognize my cigarettes were controlling me,I had to talk them out of doing that.
I finished the last cigarette in my last pack I had in my shirt pocket,opened a fresh pack to replace it.
Then when pulling the first one out of the new pack I held it between my thumb,& first finger asking it who was going to be the boss?
It took 6 weeks for me to get clean of nicotine & I tossed the last pack in a dumpster,still filled with all of the cigarettes.

That was about 50 years ago & I have never missed that really nasty habit since.

Hope this nifty tip is a help to everyone else who'd like to stop allowing their addictions to control them.

I quit a 35 year long, 2 pack a day habit 5 years ago. Did it cold-turkey with A&W Rootbeer Barrels Candy. Slowly wean yourself off of the sticks by cutting the number of cigarettes smoked each day down to 2 or 3 cigs, then throw them away. During this whole time, and several weeks afterward, I would suck on the candy throughout the day, there seemed to be some sort of spice in the rootbeer barrel that satisfied the urge to smoke. Put them down July 4, 2009 and haven't picked one up since, even though my wife still smokes. Oh, don't get me wrong, I had cravings for awhile, but after a few weeks the cravings went away. I can't remember the last time I craved one, even though occasionally I will find myself smoking one in my dreams at night.

Good luck with your quest, you can do it!

I have memories of riding in the back seat of our 1960 Ford Falcon with the windows up and my dad smoking up a storm. It was no big thing back then.

The e-cigs are deplorable and I fail to see how smoking water vapor with a higher concentration of nicotine in them helps and we still don't know if there are side effects from them,
I can tell you what isn't in them--burning paper & leaves, carbon monoxide, insecticides, unknown chemicals they won't disclose, and cyanide for starters. Oops, almost forgot tar, which coats the inside of your vehicle as well as your internal organs.

Eliquid does contain synthetic nicotine, a clear, tasteless, odorless liquid which does act as mild stimulant. The user is free to use the percentage he or she chooses, or none at all. Nicotine can be found naturally in small amounts in vegetables such as tomatoes and egg plant.

The only other ingredients are food grade vegetable glycerin and flavoring.

I don't see how the two products even remotely compare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been giving a go with a E-Cig and the Nicotine levels can be CHOSEN,
There are other reasons for E-Cigs:
NO STENCH, NO SMOKE, NO ADDITIONAL CHEMICALS
And no sticky residue left in one's home, vehicle, or upon one's fingers or other appendages.

I have received compliments in regards to the pleasant aroma in my cab; usually Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, but lately it is my latest favorite, Sweet Cream Caramel. I avoid the tobacco flavors, not wanting any unpleasant reminders of my old ways.

I can tell you what isn't in them--burning paper & leaves, carbon monoxide, insecticides, unknown chemicals they won't disclose, and cyanide for starters. Oops, almost forgot tar, which coats the inside of your vehicle as well as your internal organs.

Eliquid does contain synthetic nicotine, a clear, tasteless, odorless liquid which does act as mild stimulant. The user is free to use the percentage he or she chooses, or none at all. Nicotine can be found naturally in small amounts in vegetables such as tomatoes and egg plant.

The only other ingredients are food grade vegetable glycerin and flavoring.

I don't see how the two products even remotely compare.

If I were to ever get involved with marijuana again, I would eat the stuff versus smoking it. So how about eliquid brownies?

If I were to ever get involved with marijuana again, I would eat the stuff versus smoking it. So how about eliquid brownies?
There are vaporizers available now that will heat your pot to the point that allow you to inhale the vapors without burning it.

I've been researching vaping medicinal herbs other than weed. There are quite a few healing herbs that can be vaped.

I've been hearing from so many people how vaping has helped them cut down and even quit smoking cigarettes. I quit smoking a long time ago with the nicorette gum and it was the hardest thing I ever done.

I've heard so many people say they have given up cigarettes and vaping, and claim to be nicotine free.