Yellow | Quote. This is how it will happen.

mysticobra

Over Here Now.
Credits
"As we've said before, the looming pension catastrophe is an inconvenient fact for elected officials as well as union bosses and their membership. Rational solutions like cutting benefits are not palatable to employees or the elected officials that require their votes. As such, we suspect the problem will continue to be ignored until it boils over..."

Yep. We are just an inconvenience. I have been feeling that for quite awhile.
How about you? :1904:

"As we've said before, the looming pension catastrophe is an inconvenient fact for elected officials as well as union bosses and their membership. Rational solutions like cutting benefits are not palatable to employees or the elected officials that require their votes. As such, we suspect the problem will continue to be ignored until it boils over..."

Yep. We are just an inconvenience. I have been feeling that for quite awhile.
How about you? :1904:
That boiling point is coming.. Just wait till it spills over.. People, they gave up the "Holy Grail" of the contract when they agreed (collusion) to let YRC skate on the (full) pension contributions. Let that sink in a while, brethren.. In my opinion.....

Cspf is going broke no matter what yrc or any other company pays into it. Yrc and ABF could pay double or even triple the full rate and it would make no difference. It's math. I think some people just can't grasp the hole central states is in. A government bailout is the only thing that could save it, and that's not going to happen. I'm set to retire probably about 3 years after the fund is gone. The question is what can we do about our retirement that is realistic. The pension fund is done. I would like to see us negotiate a fixed weekly amount into a 401, I'd much rather have the $80 /wk in a 401 instead of getting flushed down the toilet like it is now.

Cspf is going broke no matter what yrc or any other company pays into it. Yrc and ABF could pay double or even triple the full rate and it would make no difference. It's math. I think some people just can't grasp the hole central states is in. A government bailout is the only thing that could save it, and that's not going to happen. I'm set to retire probably about 3 years after the fund is gone. The question is what can we do about our retirement that is realistic. The pension fund is done. I would like to see us negotiate a fixed weekly amount into a 401, I'd much rather have the $80 /wk in a 401 instead of getting flushed down the toilet like it is now.

The current fund should be liquidated and distributed in an equitable manner. Active members share into a 401K with all future contributions also going into the 401K.

That's true. To us too. Let's get rid of em.
Are you crazy? Really? You want to work at YRC or any of these other companies without a union? I've been a Teamster for 27 plus years, our union has it's problems and it's far from being perfect. Thanks but no thanks I'll keep my union! I have a better idea, how about you and tutone or anyone else with ideas of dumping the union take your nonunion ass to a nonunion company and enjoy the ride!

When your Union does nothing for U but collect dues money. Do U really need that sort of leadership to lead U? Basically everyone is just riding it out and trying to keep hope alive even though realistically there is none except as stated in an earlier response a govt. bailout. This is not the Union of the glory days. Its the go with the flow of the companies to ensure top Union officials keep their cush positions while misleading the rank and file that a glimmer of hope remains. Good luck my brothers & sisters. Stay awake. Question everything. Hold responsible parties accountable for their actions.

I got an idea. How about instead of dumping the union, we dump the leadership instead! I work in Zuckerman's local, and I can tell you if he wins in November,Yrc is in for a rude awakening. They will sit down and negotiate a real contract, no more take it or leave it. Fred will call their bluff, he will not agree to another concessionary contract which could be the end of the line for yrc, but at least we won't be the laughing stock of the industry anymore. I am sick of all the other carriers drivers looking down at me because they're making $5-6/hr more than me.

Are you crazy? Really? You want to work at YRC or any of these other companies without a union? I've been a Teamster for 27 plus years, our union has it's problems and it's far from being perfect. Thanks but no thanks I'll keep my union! I have a better idea, how about you and tutone or anyone else with ideas of dumping the union take your nonunion ass to a nonunion company and enjoy the ride!
When your Union does nothing for U but collect dues money. Do U really need that sort of leadership to lead U? Basically everyone is just riding it out and trying to keep hope alive even though realistically there is none except as stated in an earlier response a govt. bailout. This is not the Union of the glory days. Its the go with the flow of the companies to ensure top Union officials keep their cush positions while misleading the rank and file that a glimmer of hope remains. Good luck my brothers & sisters. Stay awake. Question everything. Hold responsible parties accountable for their actions.
It is what we call a "Catch 22" situation where I come from, AKA, "You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't". What shall we do? Do we continue with this shoddy 'union' representation or what? Maybe, just maybe we'll get luck and Hoffa will get his just desserts this October...but what if he doesn't?

It is what we call a "Catch 22" situation where I come from, AKA, "You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't". What shall we do? Do we continue with this shoddy 'union' representation or what? Maybe, just maybe we'll get luck and Hoffa will get his just desserts this October...but what if he doesn't?

Basically you just confirmed my earlier point.
"Basically everyone is just riding it out and trying to keep hope alive even though realistically there is none except as stated in an earlier response a govt. bailout."

I got an idea. How about instead of dumping the union, we dump the leadership instead! I work in Zuckerman's local, and I can tell you if he wins in November,Yrc is in for a rude awakening. They will sit down and negotiate a real contract, no more take it or leave it. Fred will call their bluff, he will not agree to another concessionary contract which could be the end of the line for yrc, but at least we won't be the laughing stock of the industry anymore. I am sick of all the other carriers drivers looking down at me because they're making $5-6/hr more than me.

Until we face our Greatest Foe which is * DENIAL * and accept the FACT that its not only the Companies or Union Leadership. Its BOTH whom are putting the screws to the rank & file members the situation will only continue to deteriorate. To each his/her own and I totally respect the choices each individual must make in the best interest of their family.

Hahaha. Nonunion ass. I've paid my dues brother. Nothin but dust and old age to show for it.
It's already like having a nonunion ass.
 I'll. Vote Hoffa out. That's what my union ass will do.
I hope you do I'll be voting for Fred too! At this point he's the only hope we have, and just to make the record official I never voted for this POS mou and I never once voted for Hoffa jr.!