Central Transport | R.i.p. To a former vitran brother.

Jeepstr723

TB Regular
Credits
On 2/25/2014, a former Vitran brother out of the Detroit barn who was currently working for Con-Way LH was found slumped over on his forklift while working the dock in Fremont, IN. Bob confided in me a couple of years ago what was ailing him, though he was hoping for a few more good productive years to be able to spend with his wife and family.

Bob was a great guy, hard working individual and a pleasure to be around. He will be dearly missed by both Con-Way and Vitran brothers. R.I.P.

On 2/25/2014, a former Vitran brother out of the Detroit barn who was currently working for Con-Way LH was found slumped over on his forklift while working the dock in Fremont, IN. Bob confided in me a couple of years ago what was ailing him, though he was hoping for a few more good productive years to be able to spend with his wife and family.

Bob was a great guy, hard working individual and a pleasure to be around. He will be dearly missed by both Con-Way and Vitran brothers. R.I.P.
Things like this let us know that we all are here such a short time in the big picture (a blink of an eye in this vast universe) so it's so important to let your family and friends know how you feel because you never know when your last day may be. Money has never been a motivating factor in my life because you can't take it with you. And although we need money to have a good quality of life we should always keep things in their proper perspective as I'm sure Bob did. My prayers go out to him and his family...He left us far too soon.

Sorry to hear about Bob. My prayers go out to his family. I do remember Bob from the Detroit barn. He use to barrow my the second pallet jack I had. I believe he was off for a spell for an earlier heart attack one day while driving a Vitran truck. Bob was a down to earth type guy, and a hard worker. R.I.P. brother.

I saw him a few months ago at a truck stop. Just happened to run into him around lunch hour. I told him I was starting to look around (pending the outcome of the Central takeover), and he was giving me the scoop on Conway. Good guy. I'm glad I got a few minutes with him before he passed.

Rest easy, brother.

It is my understanding from the funeral home that Bob was laid to rest sometime last week in a private family service. May God rest his soul.