R&L | R&L buying Jevic

braceface said:
I have heard that R&L Carriers is going to buy Jevic, has anyone else heard this rumor?:cool:

Yeah this is a pretty strong rumor at this time. The deal is supposed to close this month, so we shall find out soon enough.

The rumors I have heard have all been coming from New England area. Where did you hear yours ????

Friend of the frog said:
Yeah this is a pretty strong rumor at this time. The deal is supposed to close this month, so we shall find out soon enough.

The rumors I have heard have all been coming from New England area. Where did you hear yours ????
Heard it from Jevic driver in Tennessee:cool:

if so then we will just have kept it in the family:biglaugh: the jersey social club merging with the ohio social club. :duh:
say the secret word and win a 100$..:cool:

Sling Blade said:
And you're from New York?

I thought that other fella said Jevic doubles were "all over the northeast".
I believe the other fella is a city driver so he may not see them as I do.
On the turnpike, or coming out of the Delanco terminal, I see them a lot.
Then again, they are just another set of pups wiggleing up the road, so it depends what you are looking for.

serta said:
Damn they own alot!
From the home page of this company :

Home > Overview Corporate Brochure
2005 Transaction Record
overview

Industries targeted for investment are broad and diverse, with no particular industry excluded from consideration. Investments have included companies in the following industries: paper and packaging, food and beverages, metals and mining, automotive after-market parts, consumer products, financial services, healthcare, media and communications, building products, telecommunications, technology, retailing and catalogs, filmed entertainment, restaurants, manufacturing and industrial, among others.

Interesting that this buyout is their first in trucking and transportation.
They certainly have plenty of resources and capital behind them.

Yellow owned Saia and Jevic years ago and sold them off to buy Roadway,Reimer, and New Penn. Saia just sold Jevic to a holding company.