R&L | r&l hiring

Pay is dependant on experience.Up in my corner of the world it is 16.20 for 1 yr exp up to 19.30 for 5 yrs exp. straight time ,no time and a half.

Are the drivers being hired as a R+L driver or under the Paramount program? Am I understanding this right, if you have 5 years or more experience you start at $19.34 an hour? I saw an ad that said position is for P+D, dock, and linehaul. Is the pay all hourly for all positions at the above rate? Are drivers still required to buy a pallet jack?

The Paramount program went bye bye.All drivers are hired as R+L combo drivers until a bid run opens.A combo driver will do what ever the company whats be it the dock,line haul or city.Line haul is payed out at line haul wages depending on the run.as for the pallet jack,yes I believe you do still purchase one.It is actually a better option than using company pallet jacks if you think about it because it will always be there for you as long as you chain it up.However you don't have to buy it from R+L.You could buy it anywhere you want.Some western terminals buy them for you from what Ive heard.If your serious about all this info I'm glad to give it to you.If your just playing around and are ready to make a smartassed comment about R+L,I got nothing for you.

Pay is dependant on experience.Up in my corner of the world it is 16.20 for 1 yr exp up to 19.30 for 5 yrs exp. straight time ,no time and a half.

How does this company get around not paying overtime? Is this company protected by the infamous "RAILROAD ACT"?

Same for you.

Well you must work for the company with a response like that piggy backed with the other answer? It is always best to ask employees if they know why,before you get a scripted response from company officials and the such on their answer on a question asked. No need to get snotty. This whole trucking board is nothing but a rag fest for either non-union or union drivers and the such. 90% B/S and 10% truth.

No,its just a common attack we get here at R+L from others.We are getting a little tired of it hence the snapping at you.Plus you have no info on yourself which is another common thing you have with most trolls.

No,its just a common attack we get here at R+L from others.We are getting a little tired of it hence the snapping at you.Plus you have no info on yourself which is another common thing you have with most trolls.

What are trolls? The ex-big collectable back in the 90's.
Just kidding. Knowing is half the battle i.e. lingo of the trade and such on this site?

Its a common Internet term on most forums that refers to someone that goes into the forum to disrupt or disturb others with outrageous comments for no more than the fun of causing a flame war.

Usage:
Application of the term troll is highly subjective. Some readers may characterize a post as trolling, while others may regard the same post as a legitimate contribution to the discussion, even if controversial. The term is often used as an ad hominem strategy to discredit an opposing position by attacking its proponent.

Often, calling someone a troll makes assumptions about a writer's motives. Regardless of the circumstances, controversial posts may attract a particularly strong response from those unfamiliar with the robust dialogue found in some online, rather than physical, communities. Experienced participants in online forums know that the most effective way to discourage a troll is usually to ignore him or her, because responding tends to encourage trolls to continue disruptive posts — hence the often-seen warning: "Please do not feed the trolls".

Its a common Internet term on most forums that refers to someone that goes into the forum to disrupt or disturb others with outrageous comments for no more than the fun of causing a flame war.

Usage:
Application of the term troll is highly subjective. Some readers may characterize a post as trolling, while others may regard the same post as a legitimate contribution to the discussion, even if controversial. The term is often used as an ad hominem strategy to discredit an opposing position by attacking its proponent.

Often, calling someone a troll makes assumptions about a writer's motives. Regardless of the circumstances, controversial posts may attract a particularly strong response from those unfamiliar with the robust dialogue found in some online, rather than physical, communities. Experienced participants in online forums know that the most effective way to discourage a troll is usually to ignore him or her, because responding tends to encourage trolls to continue disruptive posts — hence the often-seen warning: "Please do not feed the trolls".

Thank for the info,"knowing is half the battle" GI JOE.

hey i feel that all companies should pay ot..im glad where im at they pay time and a half after 8..i think it sucks for you guys..you all do the work...am i right? but if it isnt broke dont fix it..if you guys dont mind god bless ya's

I dont mind not getting overtime pay...I just wish that I didnt have to work 10 plus hours a day all the time. R+L (at least our terminal) works with the bare minimum all the time. If 1 or 2 guys get hurt or go out sick we are struggling to get things done and working long hours. I just would like to have half a life sometimes.

Im also trying to lobby with management via the TALKTORL webpage to lower the number of years for the third week of vacation. Possibly giving us more sick/personal days too....