R&L | r&l hiring

I dont mind not getting overtime pay...I just wish that I didnt have to work 10 plus hours a day all the time. R+L (at least our terminal) works with the bare minimum all the time. If 1 or 2 guys get hurt or go out sick we are struggling to get things done and working long hours. I just would like to have half a life sometimes.

Im also trying to lobby with management via the TALKTORL webpage to lower the number of years for the third week of vacation. Possibly giving us more sick/personal days too....

That would be your solution for not getting to many hours in if you don't want them by getting overtime after 8 hours. I guarantee if R+L paid overtime over 8 they would cut back your hours to around 8 hours a day.

Not sure what it means, but we hired 13 drivers this week at my terminal, all regular R&L.
Kinda weird though, we've always hired a driver here and a driver there, these guys were all hired at on time

Me thinks something is in the works...............

Not sure what it means, but we hired 13 drivers this week at my terminal, all regular R&L.
Kinda weird though, we've always hired a driver here and a driver there, these guys were all hired at on time

Me thinks something is in the works...............

What do you think is going on Diver? This does sound kind of strange!!!

I dunno Brace, I mean we've been pretty busy, in fact Friday we had over 1500 bills hit the street for delivery, one of the busiest days ever at my terminal.
I'd guess they're looking ahead towards summer, or perhaps looking at getting rid of some slackers, I don't really know.
I think maybe we're getting things in place for a dramatic upswing in volume. That would explain the extra tractors down at the shop getting paint jobs and MDTs, along with the 6-8 new liftgates parked on the fence.

I dunno Brace, I mean we've been pretty busy, in fact Friday we had over 1500 bills hit the street for delivery, one of the busiest days ever at my terminal.
I'd guess they're looking ahead towards summer, or perhaps looking at getting rid of some slackers, I don't really know.
I think maybe we're getting things in place for a dramatic upswing in volume. That would explain the extra tractors down at the shop getting paint jobs and MDTs, along with the 6-8 new liftgates parked on the fence.
1500 bills is amazing, I think that 300 is normal for our terminal...What kind of trucks are they painting, and where did come from? Sounds like we are expecting things to get even better...

We have not hired any new drivers, but we did call back one of the two that got laid off...

Sounds like they decided the Paramount driver thing wasn't gonna work out, from what I have been hearing, everyone lately who is getting hired is coming on as an R&L employee...

Well 1500 is a bunch, but we also have about 100 guys working P&D, so while busy, we weren't swamped.
The new (used) trucks are white IHs I think from Ryder, all 9100 series with Detroits and 10 speeds. Some are just getting a greeen stripe painted and some get the stripe and a Kenseth 17 on the hood. They're jut about identical to our regular green trucks except for the full aero fairings and roof deflector is the more bulbous type. I haven't driven one myself, but those who have seem to be happy with them. Of course, we still have a bunch of beat-up old Fords around here too. I'm sure a POS IH would feel good in comparison.

The Denver terminal has an add on Career Builder for drivers there. Does this mean that possibly freight is picking up?

Thanks for any info guys.

Michelle

The Denver terminal has an add on Career Builder for drivers there. Does this mean that possibly freight is picking up?

Thanks for any info guys.

Michelle

Freight definitly seems to be picking up!!! I heard we had one of our busiest days ever last week!!!:clap:

Thanks Grabagear!!!! I sure hope so, my husband might get a job yet!!!

Michelle, hangin' on by a thread :)

We hired in Las Vegas and they were all R+L. But all were hired as Combo Drivers. Dock and P&D. They are still looking to hire one or two more. Upper management came into town 5/7/09 and went to the Auction and pick up 13 tractors and one yard truck. We were told it was for growth. And were going to stage them in Vegas and LA. R+L Smells Blood. Someone is going under. and they want to be ready for the growth. They also stated they were buying tractors and staging them in other places. They had 2 million to spend. They paid 230,000 in Vegas for these trators. They belong to ELC in CA.