R&L | R L is still the best

I don't belong to the 401k. I have alway's invested on my own. As for personal day's. We were told. Sure I and the other drivers were not happy. But with that my wife is not happy when I told her that we would hold off buying that new Caddy till I things turn around. I can still buy what I can affort. But I am playing it safe. We can blame who ever we want. But bottom line is we are not in on everything that goes on in running a company of this size. If we had the back ground to run a company of this size we would not be driving. For you guy's that want to run it need to go out and learn the Biz. Get out of the truck and go back to school. Stop talking about who is wrong. Put up your hand and say hire me I can run it better. I hope if this is what some of you want. You get the job. I will be waiting on your leadership. Till then driver your truck and be safe have a Happy Xmas and Happy New Year.

I had to respond. Why are you blaming YRC? They are not R+L. Just because YRC personal have moved over to R+L. I LOL when I see this. Are TM is from Yellow. Are old TM was a train wreck. Was running are Term into the ground. Has R+L in a law suit over one of the Dock guy's. I see alot of driver bit-ching about the TM. No longer in Vegas to we Bit-ch about the TM. But most of you that are. Your TM is R+L grown. Think about it.

Yeah, great company!! Injured my back because they wouldn't give me a liftgate on a shipment that was very hot and liftgate req'd. Customer was 160 miles from the terminal. Now I'll never drive again and looking at some bad surgeries. What did I get from the company? YOU ARE FIRED!! Thank you sir, may I have another.

How did you get hurt? Just curious...

The way I would've handled that, is if they wouldn't put it on a liftgate trailer, take it anyway. Ride the 3 hours to get there, roll it to the back and say "Okay, here's your crap. Unload it." If they won't inload it just call it in as "refused. Cons wants liftgate truck."

Nothing like that kind of easy money, ya reckon?

This delivery was to a lodge in the mountains. The customer did actually pay for the liftgate service and the customer did tell them "no help can be provided" an old couple running the lodge. The customer did everything right, they had a crew coming in at 7am the next morning for install and they were coming in from a long way away. Our terminal was different, it is a muddy dirt yard with no building. Our trailers were loaded by a terminal 100 miles away that didn't care how they loaded and if it needed a l/g, OH WELL.

I don't belong to the 401k. I have alway's invested on my own. As for personal day's. We were told. Sure I and the other drivers were not happy. But with that my wife is not happy when I told her that we would hold off buying that new Caddy till I things turn around. I can still buy what I can affort. But I am playing it safe. We can blame who ever we want. But bottom line is we are not in on everything that goes on in running a company of this size. If we had the back ground to run a company of this size we would not be driving. For you guy's that want to run it need to go out and learn the Biz. Get out of the truck and go back to school. Stop talking about who is wrong. Put up your hand and say hire me I can run it better. I hope if this is what some of you want. You get the job. I will be waiting on your leadership. Till then driver your truck and be safe have a Happy Xmas and Happy New Year.

Yeah I know what you mean. I get so mad at my dad now for not starting a trucking company back in the 70's. If he had then I would have the background to run a company of this size....what's that you say? the kids arent running the company? Zimmerman is? What are his qualifications? Oh yeah, he ran Holland into the ground.
We can only hope the kids didnt hire the captain of the Titanic to skipper their yacht.

All I know is this: The company was doing fine without this handful of people they hired over the last year and 1/2. What great strides have the new leadership made to make R&L a more profitable, bigger & stronger company? Anyone....anyone?? All the employees have seen up to this point is negative. To start a year ago they did away with how the company use to do the cost of living increase. It went from everyone (excluding Supervisors), to just those who are at top rate. Non-sense, what Supervisors and people not a top rate all of their exspenses stayed the same from the previous year? NO! The pride point program was short lived, use em or lose em they say. The latest kick in the face was taking away our personal/sick days along with any 401K contributions. Is all of this really needed for the company to stay afloat or off set the difference in money that they might not of made this year to the previous? Or is it so that uppermanagment in Wilmington can keep their bonus checks rolling in? Whatever the case may be is has brought the moral of the people I work with to an all time low, since R&L is still asking for everybody to go above and beyond while they continue to take what little bit left the employee has.

Hey Dontcare, I'm by no means saying I wish or hope that were looking for work in the near future, just saying that the things they are doing to all the workers is not needed.
Again, as long as my paycheck is there on Friday (and cashes) I will keep coming to work.

Who really knows what is going to happen here.I still am going to look at what is going on out there just so if some was to happened I would atleast know what is out there.I hope things get better but with zimmer in there who knows what is going to happen I dont want to start all over again. Any more I stay low and do what I can to get a pay check.Its sad when at one time we would do anything we could but know why would we what to do extra.I know afew drivers came in when it snowed and got there but chewed out becouse the tm didnt know about it,I know two of the drivers and yes they were in there for the extra money and they were there to hope with there help clearing the lot and moving all the trailers that every one would be at work and not told to stay home who wants to see a guy lose money.Well it is what it is.Happy trucking to all

I think we all need to hang in there and support the company. I am not saying that you have to agree with everthing that is done but we should all be going in the same direction.

I agree, the last 12-18 months have been tough, but they have been tough not only for us or our industry. I try to always find the positive in things, not dwell on the negative.
We could be in much worse shape, look at everyone else in the trucking industry.

R+L has always provided superior service from the time the customer calls in to when our drivers deliver their freight. We need to stay focused on what made us successful, that is all we can do.

I agree R&L is a good place to work but i am sick and tired of sitting at home every night. I have been with them since 1994 and have seniority over all but 1 person and i get to sit because my linehaul run gets cut. Seniority means nothing here anymore except for getting vacation time Just doesnt seem right does it?

Linehaul Bump

Capnmac59, I'm in a somewhat simular situation. However, I hate to use the employee handbook jazz, but when it happended to me, I looked in my employee handbook, and under #213 Job Selection, it states: "that no employee may "bump" a driver from an existing run." I'm fortunate in that when my linehaul run is cut, they send me out to a different terminal. I don't make as much, but at least I'm not totally out. And another thing, I have the top seniority for linehaul out of my terminal.