R&L | r+l makes a statement

Buford

TB Lurker
Credits
i am surprised that nobody has posted any comments on the recent changes that have taken place in sales. i think more than ever the president and the roberts family are telling everyone that its time to start progressing the company to the next level. to have two vp's of sales let go tells me theres no more time for bs...the future is now and as employees were either in or were out. i think this is an eye opener to all of us who post comments that the roberts family is not involved with the day to day operations anymore. this clearly tells me the company is going to start progressing into the future to keep us ahead of the competition.

Continued good luck to everyone - THE FUTURE IS NOW!

I heard they were let go because they weren't doing anything. At least one hadn't been to the office in awhile,was working from home. Besides,why do we need all these recently appointed VP's? How many VP's were there 18 months ago? I don't THINK there were any. Roby and Jr. have always had their own titles. Too may people pushing papers and not enough people handling the freight. The freight has always been #1.

I agree with you Buford. The Roberts have always been involved for our terminal.
But this was a big statement, our TM said there was already replacement announced today. Two former Yellow VP's , hopefully this will take us to the next level. We are excited at our terminal. I would say this to all of the negitive managers. Get ready...................................... your day will come.

we the driver are the true sale force. cali. is what it is because of us. things are good freights getting better new management from conway seems to working out( rlc hired a new v.p. sales about six months Joe something he's a conway reject but results are better than the wilmington clown that tried to figure out the west. the old saying go west young man didnt work for him, he went west and i think got fired good for use we are better without him.

Change is envitable especially now. We need to move forward and continue to grow in these economic times. It is unfortunate that DG was let go but if necessary so be it. Remember that we are all here and we all still have our jobs. So let's go out there and show everyone else what R&L is all about. I know this sounds RAH RAH but I am going to focus on the positive and just sell what we do best. Good Luck and go get them!!

I agree with you Buford. The Roberts have always been involved for our terminal.
But this was a big statement, our TM said there was already replacement announced today. Two former Yellow VP's , hopefully this will take us to the next level. We are excited at our terminal. I would say this to all of the negitive managers. Get ready...................................... your day will come.

Only thing I can add here is should we really be hiring Yellow VPs?They have done so well with Yellow.:hysterical:

I would say all eyes will be on them, if they don't produce the customers.
They may be gone, in a short notice. So why not give them a try DG wasn't getting it done !

Did we not just add a Vp of Paper Clips..........oh I mean quality control...... abbreviated it's Vp of QC=====Qualified Clown

Freight has really picked up over the last month and a half at our terminal. I say welcome to former Yellow VP"s ,Get us some of their accounts from Yellow,and they practically pay their own salary. It's good to get rid of the dead wood and bring in some go getters looking to do good. Long Live R&L !!!!!!!!!

Mailmantom - Before you make comments, know what you are speaking of.... Bill G is the new Vice Presidet of Quality Control. Bill was our Director before he was promoted to VP of the West. Our Terminal was sad to see Bill go to the west, but he was very deserving of a promotion. When he was our Director, he would work the dock (and not just day shift) and he would visit with the drivers and the dock workers. He is one person you can still pick up the phone and call, and he will help you with any problem or find a solution. I have a lot of respect for him and I am sure if you picked up the phone and call anyone from Chicago, IL to Memphis, TN you would find a lot more people who feel the same way. Heck, as I understand it, he has worked from the East Coast to the West Coast and has helped many employees along the way. R&L Carriers needs more Bill G's... He gives you his word and is a hard worker.

With Yellow just about to go under I still don't understand why you would bring in sales people from their company. Everybody knows they handle nothing but junk frt and there stock is in the toilet. Doesn't seem like a good move?

We have been alot busier at our terminal over the past couple of weeks. I don't know if anybody agree's but with all of the talk about Yellow going under at the start of the new year some of their customers might be getting worried about having their frt getting stuck in the system and may already be trying to go with other carriers.

Vp of Qc is a snake in the grass......right now the company has to many of him to speak of....just ask his former Regional Director of West...When he was Vp of the West he must not have done too much .....improvement has been madein Cali since he was reassigned.....Anyone can point out problems and fix them by adding bodies...a true leader has to the do the same job he asks his subordinates to do without changing the equation.

He also dips his pen in company ink.....yeah I know a little bit about BG...

Driver9---he's not all that and a bag of chips....lots of shady backstabbing deals.......and can lie to you or about you with a straight face......

He is a Great Politician...almost as good as another Bill

Call us in Chicago - we will tell you how Bill G is... and you will not hear a complaint. As we heard it, he did not resign in the West - he started up the area and they hired someone who was familiar with California.... Anyone in an upper position isn't always going to do everything you want them do to....

I said REASSIGNED------re·as·sign (rē'ə-sīn') Pronunciation Key
tr.v. re·as·signed, re·as·sign·ing, re·as·signs
To assign to a new position, distribution, or function

dipping pen in company ink------------sleeping with a surbordinate and getting her pregant,

Snake in the grass.......giving a direct order to cover up poor performances then deny knowledge of giving order.

He did not start California up, RS did until BG backstabbed him and undermined him...yet the company is using the procedures that RS brought in...unbelievable

Driver9 sounds like you have a special relationship with him....BUT FACTS ARE FACTS..

I said REASSIGNED------re·as·sign (rē'ə-sīn') Pronunciation Key
tr.v. re·as·signed, re·as·sign·ing, re·as·signs
To assign to a new position, distribution, or function

dipping pen in company ink------------sleeping with a surbordinate and getting her pregant,

Snake in the grass.......giving a direct order to cover up poor performances then deny knowledge of giving order.

He did not start California up, RS did until BG backstabbed him and undermined him...yet the company is using the procedures that RS brought in...unbelievable

Driver9 sounds like you have a special relationship with him....BUT FACTS ARE FACTS..

Driver driver I feel the love over here lol:hysterical:

mailmantom
You are correct on everthing you stated.
He was married & she worked in H/R.

Anyone else would have been fired for his actions.