R&L | R&L needs to the right thing to repair their relationship with their employee's.

Richard Herbert

TB Lurker
Credits
It would show good will on R&L's part, if they would do the right thing regarding the personal days that were taken last year. What I am talking about is this. Last year they took our personal days. The thing of it is, some of us were fortunate enough, just by dumb luck to have used our personal days, and were paid for them

Some employee's by dumb luck didn't use any of their days, because they were saving them to use them around the holidays, and they received no compensation whatsoever. This was just plain wrong.

What R&L should do, is to cut a check to these employee's who didn't use their days. This would be te right thing to do, and would show some good will on R&L's part.

As many of you in Wilmington may know, you have a lot of pissed off employee's because the way we have been treated over the last couple of years. Take-Take-Take-Do the right thing, and pay these men and women for the days you took from them.

The increased productivity you see will be amazing.

Do the right thing

Tell you what my performance level would raise if I got my raises and sick days back, but until then this linehaul driver only does the posted speed limit and where the "DIRTYNECK" is from that's 65mph.

I will never drive above the speed limit for them. They want you to hurry all day long, but I absolutely plan to keep my driving record clean, so when an opening comes with the company I am planning to go to work for, there will be nothing on my record. My morale would increase if they would show a good faith effore and give us something back.

One thing that would help also, is if Senior would get on that stupid tv they have in the drivers room, and talk to us about what is going on, and have him tell us he appreciates our efforts. As it seem now no one in Wilmington seems to give a damn about us, thats why we no longer give a damn either.

Al R&L is to me now is a paycheck, and I am just staying long enough to get a job elsewhere.
Tell you what my performance level would raise if I got my raises and sick days back, but until then this linehaul driver only does the posted speed limit and where the "DIRTYNECK" is from that's 65mph.

Raises

Yea Mr. Herbert, these big giant companies don't have a one on one relationship w/ there employees anymore, it's all about numbers and what's even sadder is you and i are just numbers to R&L. I worked for a fortune 500 company and let me tell you it was run totally different, but what do I know I'm just a truck driver.

GOD BLESS THE FIGHTING IRISH

I have heard there is talk of give some of this back. Don't know how soon but anything would be better then nothing.

WRONG!!
you see that is the whole problem. "something is better then nothing" is exactly the way they want us to feel. we are supposed to be happy we are getting back something that is rightfully ours to begin with?
come on man, that is just pathetic.

and yeah, the way it was put was maybe,MAYBE we will get 1 personal day back the first of the year(as i said, that is the way it was put out there in so many words).
sorry folks, they are not going to do what is right by us. it is what it is at r&l now.
as dirtyneck said, we are nothing but numbers to these people now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just remember the Beating will continue until the Morale improves!!! which means as long as we stay here under this leadership(used very loosely) we will get treated like CRAP

Just remember the Beating will continue until the Morale improves!!! which means as long as we stay here under this leadership(used very loosely) we will get treated like CRAP

i love that saying!! im getting a sign that says that and posting it in our drivers room
and i agree, as long as we stay here, this is how things are going to be.
it will never go back to the way it used to be. just a job to pay the bills at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with some of the other posters, that anything is not better that nothing. Why don't you guys in Wilmington pay the employee's back for the personal days stolen from them last year? I was fortunate, and had used mine, others didn't and they were just screwed.One personal day given back a year, or something like that wouldn't do it for most of us. R&L is making a great profit, I hear they are operating at a 91%OR...
I have heard there is talk of give some of this back. Don't know how soon but anything would be better then nothing.

I agree with some of the other posters, that anything is not . R&L is making a great profit, I hear they are operating at a 91%OR...

Actually I believe it was a little over 99% - 99.2 99.5 or such. ODFL was like 89%, and all of the public companies, including Con-Way were 101% and up. Not sure if that was just Q2, or YTD. The market still just sucks.

I heard it was between .92 and .93. We are on the right track. There was a mention of bringing back some of what we lost. I guess we will have to wait until the 3rd quarter ends before we hear anything else.

I heard it was between .92 and .93. We are on the right track. There was a mention of bringing back some of what we lost. I guess we will have to wait until the 3rd quarter ends before we hear anything else.

in my opinion- seems like we MAY get a personal back the first of the year, and thats it. that is kind of how it was said recently by people who would know.

I dont know about anyone else but I dont want a personal day back,I want all 3 days back.One a year is pathetic at best.

They can afford it. But they are smart. They will follow the industry. They will give back only when they have to. I would say we get back 1 day next year and the 401k match in 2012 for contributions in 2011. The only way we get it back sooner is if we start loosing drivers to competitors who have these benefits. R+L is making money, which we want them to do but they need to share and start giving back before they see many office, dock and drivers leave.