R&L | R&L needs to the right thing to repair their relationship with their employee's.

One thing I learned in life. Don't believe anything till you see it. They have this big TV in the driver rooms. Do they ever tell us anything. Not a thing. When big shots visit your Term do they engage with you and give you an idea if and when they will give things back Not once has anyone told us anything. An the won't. They now cut that spending out of the Budget and that will not go back in. They are saving money on are backs. If your back breaks they hire a Combo driver and save more money. That's life. We are just like Wal-Mart. Sam died and they changed. MR Roberts is not in the everyday runnig of R&L and this is how the hired help takes care of the other hired help. Thank you.

Skeet you are hitting the nail right on the head..But the thing of it is, there will be consequences for their actions...Right now, I can tell you that 60-70% of the drivers at my terminal are looking for other jobs...Everyone hates the place because of the way they are treated.(This has happened since Zimmerman and YRC have shown up) In the past this was unheard of, everyone planned on working here indefinitly...Not anymore..I have my application in at a certain unnamed place and if they call me, they can go ahead and replace me with their precious "COMBO" driver...This whole combo driver thing is a farce...You get what ya pay for, and if they think they are gonna save money on this riduculous idea, they have lost their mind....Save some money on labor. OK, lets see if they can or WILL do 20-25 stops a day and 400 miles, 12-14 hours a day like I do for their reduced pay rate, and if they can, they gonna be able to blind side that truck in off a busy street?(several times a day, everyday) They gonna be able to negotiate that tractor trailer throught these car lots that we deliver to without taking out a $30,000 to $50,000 car out? What about unloading a couple of skids of hardwood to a house by hand, and then being told your not meeting the 1.5 stops per hour, and ya need to hurry...Good luck with that one R&L..
One thing I learned in life. Don't believe anything till you see it. They have this big TV in the driver rooms. Do they ever tell us anything. Not a thing. When big shots visit your Term do they engage with you and give you an idea if and when they will give things back Not once has anyone told us anything. An the won't. They now cut that spending out of the Budget and that will not go back in. They are saving money on are backs. If your back breaks they hire a Combo driver and save more money. That's life. We are just like Wal-Mart. Sam died and they changed. MR Roberts is not in the everyday runnig of R&L and this is how the hired help takes care of the other hired help. Thank you.

I stand correct on them not giving back, But I still stand by how I feel . They do not inform us about many things. This came out of nowhere. I have applied to other LTL's and other types of work. If the right offer comes along I'm gone. I have turn two offers down. One for the money and the other for the work hours (less then 40)

"Skeet" , turned one offer down cause you make more $ now ? Turned another one down because of the reduced hours ?
Sounds like you get a lot of hours & make good money now ? Guess it don't hurt to look & figure out where you stand in the industry.

"Skeet" , turned one offer down cause you make more $ now ? Turned another one down because of the reduced hours ?
Sounds like you get a lot of hours & make good money now ? Guess it don't hurt to look & figure out where you stand in the industry.

hooray for you!!!