ODFL | R.O.I

Mike S

TB Lurker
Credits
Is this still being talked about an enforced at other terminals? I feel like at mine it's forgotten about. ( not sure if that's good or bad)

It's a score based off our rpms, overspeeds, and idle time. Pretty much everything that contributes to fuel mileage. The lower the score thr better and for a while they were posting scores daily and talking to drivers who had a long idle or overspeeds but now it seems like it lost traction.

Is this still being talked about an enforced at other terminals? I feel like at mine it's forgotten about. ( not sure if that's good or bad)
We post daily. Don't beat anyone up, but it is brought up. It's a huge cost savings to drive right. Not always feasable, but good to be aware.

we hear about it every once in a while. most of the things involving numbers have been quiet for a while. The only number we hear alot about is the terminal Operating Ratio in our monthly meetings. I would guess our overall numbers are good or we would be hearing about it.

It's probably forgotten about when it's busy, and enforced when it's slow. That's usually how it goes at most companies.

Still have one of the best roi’s always below 50. They not even posting it anymore because the whole yard knows who can drive the truck the best.

Does anyone have any info on the Lasalle Peru IL terminal like what a bottom driver might get for runs and so forth? Most line Haul Drivers are home daily right?

Does anyone have any info on the Lasalle Peru IL terminal like what a bottom driver might get for runs and so forth? Most line Haul Drivers are home daily right?
Not specific to that Terminal, but new drivers go on the wild board. Our terminal some guys turn on their 10. Some regions have bag runs, other’s you cover vacations, sick or extra runs. The top driver’s on the wild board usually get the vacation coverage. Being home??? On wild you live by the phone. I have my regular run and on my working day’s, I go home for a nap and shower. Good luck.

It all depends on the region your in. I out of the des terminal and our extra board works like a bid run. New guys will be placed on one of the time slots, either 9pm or 3am and where you go depends on seniority. you also have the option of picking it as a bid.

For example I used to have a 9pm bid, when it was time to rebid I chose the 3am extra board and average about 500 more miles a week. I am home everyday unless I choose to bag out on my last day of the week.

It all depends on the region your in. I out of the des terminal and our extra board works like a bid run. New guys will be placed on one of the time slots, either 9pm or 3am and where you go depends on seniority. you also have the option of picking it as a bid.

For example I used to have a 9pm bid, when it was time to rebid I chose the 3am extra board and average about 500 more miles a week. I am home everyday unless I choose to bag out on my last day of the week.
Thanks for the info guys! I worked at A/F & Fedex Freight 15 years ago but a lot has changed since then. I was P&D then, body can’t handle city work anymore. It’s probaly too hard to tell how much a first year driver can make in a ball park figure?

Thanks for the info guys! I worked at A/F & Fedex Freight 15 years ago but a lot has changed since then. I was P&D then, body can’t handle city work anymore. It’s probaly too hard to tell how much a first year driver can make in a ball park figure?

I would guess you would make around 85-100 grand your first year depending on how hard you want to work. Seems like we’re printing money nowadays and the sky is the limit..