Yellow | Rail Is Booming...

uncle wiggly

TB Regular
Credits
In LCP we had about 3 solid weeks of work, nobody laid off yet due to the A/B board. Still getting killed by end of the line drivers. Railroad is CRAZY busy, had 4 men running rails all evening last night plus anybody coming back in with time. The current political climate at the IBT would probably hinder any investigation into the percentage of rail usage. If you guys in the midwest want to fire these folks up, ask them why they are running Exact shipments on the choo-choo? I ran 3 or 4 shipments this week so far that were all late and they all came in out of ONG, SCA and LOS. Read the company rag, when they talk about discretionary spending and cutting it, rest assured there will be some BS filtering down.

yo uw....

if they have snow out west all bets and guarantees are off on exact express shipments and customers affected are called by the exact express department directly.....

i had a tractor that had an old od199 in it dated 10/30 from needles, ca to albuquerque, nm monday morning coming up to STP..........

they usually don't exceed the 28% number because the number is computed against all linehaul work so stuff that stays on rubber far outweighs stuff put on the rail......

if you have 250 drivers @ LCP and 20 pups get picked up in harrisburg, that still don't add up to 28% when you take in all the relays between LCP<>SCA......

remember nowadays they don't have anymore 'free' rail boxes....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

They usally rail way below the 28% allowed under the NMFA....so when they turn it upwards towards that 28% mark, it just looks like they are railing everything....the rail reports are monitored!.....KK

uncle wiggly said:
In LCP we had about 3 solid weeks of work, nobody laid off yet due to the A/B board. Still getting killed by end of the line drivers. Railroad is CRAZY busy, had 4 men running rails all evening last night plus anybody coming back in with time. The current political climate at the IBT would probably hinder any investigation into the percentage of rail usage. If you guys in the midwest want to fire these folks up, ask them why they are running Exact shipments on the choo-choo? I ran 3 or 4 shipments this week so far that were all late and they all came in out of ONG, SCA and LOS. Read the company rag, when they talk about discretionary spending and cutting it, rest assured there will be some BS filtering down.

lol i used to work for ONG and still keep in touch with a few guys from there....last i heard 2 supervisors quit and some of the top dawgs had to do their job and some big name casuals quit as well as regulars.....and they just hired a bunch of newbs....so im guessing their dock operations is all messed up as it always is when you got a bunch of newbs.......SCA was always chaotic as far as i know...lol

.....all i can say is there were ppl who were responble for loading east coast points (LCP etc...cant remember the rest) ...management and dock workers...and a few of the big names in that area quit....

...also my bro is a manager at BNSF (the rail that yellow uses) and he always tells me that they are OVERCAPACITATED all the time and it's only getting worse every day....

...also something about the rail setting a new standard? something about pups being a size or certain containers etc.... someone clarify this?