Rain,Rain go away ( Daytona )

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
Well looks like rain . I only dvr the races so I don't have to watch two extra hours of commercials but this rains going to screw my recording up .

Daytona Beach Weather Forecast and Conditions

Daytona Beach - Florida Weather Forecasts | Maps | News - Yahoo! Weather

11.png

UPDATE from Nascar : 4:02 p.m. ET -- As updates go, it's pretty much what you might have expected. Track drying is still under way, it has stopped raining and there's hope of getting the race in tonight. However, there is also another big rain cell headed in the general direction of the facility.

Well hey the jet dryers are out according to the last report I heard.
They gotta get in at least 251 miles before the next rain and it will be an official end of the race.
Or tomorrows another day,TV viewers no biggy.
Although really tough luck for the fans sitting in the stands.

UPDATE : Race postponed to Monday

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- History came to the Daytona 500 on Sunday, but not the kind that NASCAR wanted to make. For the first time in the event's long history, weather forced the postponement of the Great American Race to Monday.

After battling intermittent showers all day, NASCAR officials announced shortly after 5 p.m. local time that the 54th running of the Daytona 500 had been pushed back to noon Monday because of weather. Although NASCAR's showcase event had been shortened four previous times due to the elements, it had never been completely postponed -- until Sunday, when a gloomy forecast into the evening prevented any attempt at running the race under the lights.

The rescheduled event will air on Fox, and tickets will be available at the gate or the Daytona ticket office. ...................

Rain leads to first postponement of Daytona 500 - Feb 26, 2012 - NASCAR.COM

What do they mean the track is wet? Who would go to Daytona to lay in the sun on a track anyway? Go to the beach you dummies. Go on spring break down there and try to lay out on a track....now that's crazy. Or was there something else going on in Daytona?:biglaugh:

I was looking forward to a Sunday afternoon nap. About 6 or 7 left turns normally puts me to sleep. Oh well, there are about 80,000 more left turns to choose from before the....hmmm is it called a season? Not sure. Anyway whatever it's called is over. If any race fans don't know it by now, I am having some fun with your *ahem* sport.

I heard that they were canceling the make up race for tonight also. They are canceling it because nobody cared that they canceled it yesterday. I guess that they are just going to replay a race from a few years ago instead. Race officials said that there are two places in tonight's race where they dubbed in accidents from races that took place in the eighties, in an effort to make the race look different from the last 700 races. Some Richard Pertty, Dale Elkheart, and Daryll Walrus ended up 1st, 2nd and 3rd, I guess. Either way, it's all left turns.lol

Awwwww shucks. Another delay? But, I do have to ask, what is the difference if they spin out because of a wet track or because of an amateur bumping them in the ass at 200 mph? It still results in a crash. Let them race in the snow if mother nature dumps it down.

This was just posted on Facebook:
Daytona 500 will be run at 7pm ET tonight. FOX will offer live TV coverage, and NASCAR.COM will have live leaderboard and in-car audio with RaceView.

And I was looking forward to watching the race this afternoon. Guess I'll go flush some M&M's down the toilet until race time.

Results of the 2pm heat:
R-14, you won! It was close but green and blue wrecked on the final lap allowing red to take the lead and get the checkered.