TForce | Raise Q #2

Its to bad we could not get this in writing. I did ask,but it had to be read to me. The term. manager explained it this way to me.
3 eight hour paid sick days to use any way you want,short term kicks in after the three were used up. If not used up they will pay full rate 24 hours back at the end of the year. I asked, What about the 1 personal floater we have now? And I was told that we still have the 1 floating personal day. Now if my math is correct 3 + 1=????4 So does this mean we have 4 extra paid days to use as we wish? Or do we have 3 paid sick days and 1 paid perconal floater day? IM CONFUSED!!! What is the sick pay policy?

Hey clutch . There is a 4-6 week waiting period for a paycheck to show up on std. we also get 3 day's to use as personel day's or sick day,s. and we get paid for all three at 8 hrs. if we use them, or if we sell them back at the end of the year.We still have our personal day as well.

So are we going to get new company rules books,for 2007?
Maybe these days will be spelled out for all of us in print ,we can show our TM's what the true story is.

Words flying threw the air from these meetings ,can have their meanings come up foggy.
But if they have it in writting than we all will know just what they've given us.

Plus it seems that every manager has his or her on interpretation of how to work the sick leave at their terminal.

I think some will use it strictly for sick leave and other might let you use it for personal time off.

I think you are right AP we should have a company wide video explaining the exact policy.

Like the rule book say's, TM has the power to change anything they want if they feel it is to benefit the terminal.

Maybe these days will be spelled out for all of us in print ,we can show our TM's what the true story is.

Words flying threw the air from these meetings ,can have their meanings come up foggy.
But if they have it in writting than we all will know just what they've given us.

I asked for these new policy's in writing. The anwser was NO. We have to read it to you.

This morning before I left out of my terminal for my appoinment deliveries.
My TM called me to his office for an update of his meeting.
He remembered that I had to do the tire load when he talked to everyone else.
I said well heres what I learned from the truckingboards is that right.
He gave me a big grin,saying thats about it.
Than I asked him about the three additional days,if we could use them for vacation days?
He said no,they are being called (Discretionary days).
If you have a good reason to use them you can.
If its just a day off to rest,or anything along the lines of just wanting a day off with no good reason,forget about it.

So by my TM calling these new dayoffs discretionary,it must be up to his discretion that we will be able to take them.
Other wise we will get 3 days pay for them at the end of the year.

Needless to say my meeting with my TM was very short.
But I was made very clear about these extra 3 days.

I guess that they are almost personal day,days.
Being that a personal day can be taken for anything you want,where as these other days can only be taken with the total agreement from my TM.

Apo, sounds like your TM is a real #$%hole. My TM said they are concidered personal days, plain and simple. I get a kick out of these misguided, misinformed so called managers. You know its like any and all of the companies expenses are coming out of there own pockets. He's the kinda guy I'd go out of my way to work for!! :biglaugh:

This morning before I left out of my terminal for my appoinment deliveries.
My TM called me to his office for an update of his meeting.
He remembered that I had to do the tire load when he talked to everyone else.
I said well heres what I learned from the truckingboards is that right.
He gave me a big grin,saying thats about it.
Than I asked him about the three additional days,if we could use them for vacation days?
He said no,they are being called (Discretionary days).
If you have a good reason to use them you can.
If its just a day off to rest,or anything along the lines of just wanting a day off with no good reason,forget about it.

So by my TM calling these new dayoffs discretionary,it must be up to his discretion that we will be able to take them.
Other wise we will get 3 days pay for them at the end of the year.

Needless to say my meeting with my TM was very short.
But I was made very clear about these extra 3 days.

I guess that they are almost personal day,days.
Being that a personal day can be taken for anything you want,where as these other days can only be taken with the total agreement from my TM.

Well that brings a whole new twist to the 3 paid personal days you can't have? With out it in writing, Forget about! Each individual TM will tell you what they want or how they interpeted it.

Well BusterNite maybe by 2008 we'll have a better idea of how they want us to use these days company wide.
Not just what each terminal manager wants to tell us how we can have them.

I also asked my TM if the company was going to have a new rules book with these days written in them.
He said no new books as far as he knows.
So here we go,nothing in writting we can address when we feel they are trying to cheat us.
Without any items written down anywhere,it becomes hear say.
Not what we say,but what the boss says.
So now I'm trying to figure out if UPS Freight has given us three more free days,or that we'll receive a three day bonus at the end of the year,less taxes of course?

Apo, If you don't use the three days, you will be reimbursed 100% at the end of the year. Taxes will be taken out.

Yes sir thats what I posted,hugnlug.
Unless I have a real good reason with the blessing of my TM,the only way I'll see anything for getting these three extra days is a tax deducted check at the end of the year.
Well like the old saying,its better than a stick in the eye.
This also goes for our pay increase.
Before the meeting we thought they decided not to give us any increase.

Whatever they decided to do is better than not doing anything,in my opinion.

I don't know if anyone is aware that UPS will have taken there biggest rate increase as of Jan. 2007, (4.9%) since 1991. With the overall cost of everything going up, they need to cushion the profits and continue to finance infrastructure. I wish we could adjust our income to reflect the overall cost of living, nevermind personal infrastructure.

Infrastructure hugnlug?
Do you mean all the paint they have to purchase,the labor to repaint all the old Overnite,and Motor Cargo equipment that isn't written off as to old,or wreaked to paint?

Also just think of the money they schelled out for all of our UPS Freight uniforms.
All the new UPS Freight new Tractors,and trailers,also paper forms,and DR's
New computer up grades,and the list goes on.

Wow come to think about it,UPS is is really dropping some serious cash into the old Overnite.
I guess looking at the scope of their investment,they must have been hard pressed to give us anything?

Or are you thinking of something else with this big word (Infrastructure) you posted hugnlug?

Infrastructure hugnlug?
Do you mean all the paint they have to purchase,the labor to repaint all the old Overnite,and Motor Cargo equipment that isn't written off as to old,or wreaked to paint?

Also just think of the money they schelled out for all of our UPS Freight uniforms.
All the new UPS Freight new Tractors,and trailers,also paper forms,and DR's
New computer up grades,and the list goes on.

Wow come to think about it,UPS is is really dropping some serious cash into the old Overnite.
I guess looking at the scope of their investment,they must have been hard pressed to give us anything?

Or are you thinking of something else with this big word (Infrastructure) you posted hugnlug?

Apo. most of what you quoted is a corperate tax write off. even though they shelled out a lot of moola too make O LOOK LIKE A TREASURE (hahahaha) They will see it back in a P&L statement at the end of the year. Always remember the tax cut's we recieved from our president
($^#!^$*%&(&*(^&)&(*_)_) , Bush, thier tax write off is much bigger.......:hide:

As far as I am concearned we should get rule book's too reflect the statement you made . As you can see there is many different interpretations of the policies now.

Do not forget one of the biggest changes @ "O" was the comittee for the interpretation's of generalization's , better known as "Human Recources "for short.

Not having anything in writing proposes just this type of thing (rhetoric) just a classic example of "O" in action.

I don't know if anyone is aware that UPS will have taken there biggest rate increase as of Jan. 2007, (4.9%) since 1991. With the overall cost of everything going up, they need to cushion the profits and continue to finance infrastructure. I wish we could adjust our income to reflect the overall cost of living, nevermind personal infrastructure.

I would be the first. But that will never happen ,so business will slow down a bit, and when our competitor's do the same, it will come back. Nothing like a riptide , I wonder what will be instore for us in the meantime?

So APO is off a few days big deal. I would trust what he has to say before what you have to say about it.

You guys are going to get just what UPS wants you to have. Not a penny more. They own the union. So you will find out what you will get when we find out what the majority of the nonunion get.:duh:
U crack me up.I started this back in Jan 06 I have done all my home work .I know what is going on ,I have spent many days and nights working out things with the union,,.Just so u and Apo can get the same so I think u owe me and apology for ur comments to me ,I find u very rude..

U crack me up.I started this back in Jan 06 I have done all my home work .I know what is going on ,I have spent many days and nights working out things with the union,,.Just so u and Apo can get the same so I think u owe me and apology for ur comments to me ,I find u very rude..

Can someone tell me what he's talking about????:duh:

Apo, sounds like your TM is a real #$%hole. My TM said they are concidered personal days, plain and simple. I get a kick out of these misguided, misinformed so called managers. You know its like any and all of the companies expenses are coming out of there own pockets. He's the kinda guy I'd go out of my way to work for!! :biglaugh:
hugnlug, My TM said the same as yours did. I agree with the rest of your quote also!

ups can not even control this sorry acquistion they have made so what make you think they can control anything much less the teamsters union....looks like ups-overnite pretty much has most of you brainwashed...