FedEx Freight | Raise!!!!!

And,top pay in my area is $22.65. And $70,000 a year in the city is $20,000 a year better than I have ever made. Im calling b.s. on this one.

And,the raise in my area was only .30. I actually have been doing the Total Money Makeover for a few years now,Im not over my head and begging for money to pay for a damn thing.

Why is it always about pay? How about a company that values employees for more than the number on their badge? How about a company that I want to go to work at because I enjoy the job I do? How about a company that doesn't brow beat their people into submission because they fear a thinking employee?

I could go on and on. In my opinion, there's more wrong with Fedex than right. Pay is way down on that list.

Will everyone ever be completely satisfied? No, but they are a long way from having even a majority satisfied.

Guardrail

Exactly! Im talking abou OD kicking tail in the marketplace.

What, you have been complaining about the raise the whole time. Now you change, well if OD is doing so great then, (and they are) why do they make so much less then us? Why are you not mad at them for not paying their drivers what the top companies are?You are a total fool. First you complain about the raise, then reference OD, well they get no Overtime until after 60 hours, and make less. And now you dont believe what I made in the city. You dont have to believe me, thats fine. Why are you so worried about FedEx then, if you dont work for them anymore? Ahhh your mad you left.....Like most of the people I know that left for greener pastures, they regret it and wish they had never left. Again if you cant live on 50,000, 60,000, 70,000 a year, thats a you problem. Pay off your bills and the pay wont stress you out. But thats just me.

And,the raise in my area was only .30. I actually have been doing the Total Money Makeover for a few years now,Im not over my head and begging for money to pay for a damn thing.

Then why are you so friggin awnry about the company? Get a life. Enjoy life and move on. Dont blame FedEx for all your ills. FedEx has been voted one of the best companies to work for for years. You cant please everybody dude. Nothing they could do could please you. I love my job, you hate it. You dont work for them anymore, so why keep writing all the hate. Move on.......

Well,they are obviously paying you enough they way you keep washing their big purple hog. You swallowed enough of the coolaid to actually be upset at other people that think something is wrong here.
I think your funny though,you probably make your own marks on the company survey because the provided marks just arent high enough for you!
The way you talk it doesnt even sound like we work at the same place.
If you know OD makes waaay less,then what is their rate?

motleycrue said:
Then why are you so friggin awnry about the company? Get a life. Enjoy life and move on. Dont blame FedEx for all your ills. FedEx has been voted one of the best companies to work for for years. You cant please everybody dude. Nothing they could do could please you. I love my job, you hate it. You dont work for them anymore, so why keep writing all the hate. Move on.......

By the way,your mashing two peoples comments into one.

Well,they are obviously paying you enough they way you keep washing their big purple hog. You swallowed enough of the coolaid to actually be upset at other people that think something is wrong here.
I think your funny though,you probably make your own marks on the company survey because the provided marks just arent high enough for you!
The way you talk it doesnt even sound like we work at the same place.
If you know OD makes waaay less,then what is their rate?

How many times have I said, here where I am OD makes in the 22.00 range, we are 23.85, and THEY DONT GET OVERTIME UNTIL 60 HOURS. Thats where we make our good money. But you dont listen. I dont rate them high in the survey, why wouldnt i? I love my job....duh. Our survey came in pretty darn good. maybe yours didnt. Sorry, but again dont bash the whole company based on your center. Maybe you have people unhappy at your center. Maybe its your leadership at your center that has the problem. Its not at mine. Dont know what to tell you. I enjoy my job, you dont. Pay is good for me, I dont have a degree to find better, but am very happy for what I have, and get paid. Maybe you have a degree and think you deserve more. Im good. If the company makes money, I will make more money. Simple. One word for ya....QUIT. I bet in a year from leaving you would be begging to come back....

You must get a ton of O/T if your making $20,000 a year more then I am. No wonder your so thrilled. I have been here since the late 90s and average O/T is 4-5 hours.I we are short handed you cant get more. I guarantee a city driver at my barn has never made more than $55,000 in a single year.

You must get a ton of O/T if your making $20,000 a year more then I am. No wonder your so thrilled. I have been here since the late 90s and average O/T is 4-5 hours.I we are short handed you cant get more. I guarantee a city driver at my barn has never made more than $55,000 in a single year.

I havent made under 60,000 in the last 9 years I bet. We get a lot of overtime. I would have to look at my Social Security report to verify how many years I have been at 60000 or more. We have a lot of out of town routes here, this year I am on a 4-10, so will probably on make a little over 60,000. But I enjoy the extra days off.

They beg us to come work the dock before and after we drive, I dont as I hate the dock work. we got guys getting 20 hours OT a week. A lot of places out west get all the OT you want. Long routes, 400+ miles and are short handed.

Oh yeah, WTF does a batchelors degree get you? Nothing! I know plenty of drivers with a piece of paper that says they are educated.

Guardrail
Ive been driving professionaly since I was 7 and had to quit school in 2nd grade to support my wife and 4 kids,needless to say i didnt go to college

motleycrue said:

Ok if your going to tout the "voted top 100 places to work survey" that survey is answered by executives and for executives. Read the fine print it doesn't apply to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner