Averitt | raise

It's official. Shuttle/combo mileage increase by $0.015 per mile. Don't remember the increases for the rest.

Was touted as "The biggest raise worn out Richard K. has EVER given. Enjoy it because that'll be it for a long while. Now $0.025 in 6-8 years. Stellar!~

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad were getting a raise and I appreciate it..But they still like a ways to be competitive with other freight companies. I'm sure this raise just hurt RK feelings cause he don't think were worth it..They have got to give us something cause were so far behind other freight companies ,,,,,,When the economy get good again there going to lose drivers if Averitt don't do something....My opinion we should make more than RK..We the truck drivers make the money for this company..We make the corporate people rich. We should be compensated for our loyalty and hard work.

WOW.....If T/L got a pennie and half...I'd make .44....which in my rough calculations would be $30 a week based on a 2000 mile week.....I'LL TAKE IT!.....I sure hope we in T/L do not get the "Song & Dance" we just can't afford to give everyone a raise. We will see what happens! This is probally why on Fri,when explaining why I turned down a NEW Volvo,I mentioned that "Getting a NEW truck is'nt going to make me any MORE MONEY" there was a long pause on the other end of the call.

Sounds like all they did was make up for the loss of money that obama and his thugs is taking out of our net pay. Thats it.
WOW.....If T/L got a pennie and half...I'd make .44....which in my rough calculations would be $30 a week based on a 2000 mile week.....I'LL TAKE IT!.....I sure hope we in T/L do not get the "Song & Dance" we just can't afford to give everyone a raise. We will see what happens! This is probally why on Fri,when explaining why I turned down a NEW Volvo,I mentioned that "Getting a NEW truck is'nt going to make me any MORE MONEY" there was a long pause on the other end of the call.

Were not going to bring home any more money than we did last year or before the raise.,,Cause of the more money Taking out in taxes..That's a fact. But i do thank Averitt for the raise.

Any raise is better than no raise but it would have been nice to put us in the ballpark of our competition. Also an added week of vacation would be splendid!

An extra week of vacation would be nice. Cause three weeks is all your going to get,,no matter how long your with Averitt.If we get a penny a year or half a penny a year ill be happy..I'm one of those people that thinks we should get a cost of living raise every year if the company is making money and doing well,,And Averitt is doing good..They always have...They brag about it. I do thank them for the raise.
Any raise is better than no raise but it would have been nice to put us in the ballpark of our competition. Also an added week of vacation would be splendid!

I want to say thank you for the raise, one of the biggest I can remember. Too many people give Richard K. too much credit for the decisions that are made at Corporate. We have a leadership team that share the power and a President that meets with them weekly and discuss issues facing our company. I have spoken with our President y and had a chance to ask him some questions and voice concerns that I once had, believe me or not , Gary S. is extremely passionate about the company and don't let anyone tell you he is out of touch with the day to day operations.

Don't dare let anyone tell the truth, just listen to CM. The regional VP's are the ultimate deciders on the raise. RK needs to retire. He has more than worn out his welcome.

The truth, Lifer you couldn't handle the truth ! I'm just glad you agree that Richard K. doesn't make all the decisions.

The truth, Lifer you couldn't handle the truth ! I'm just glad you agree that Richard K. doesn't make all the decisions.

As a follower of "The truth" as you like to think of it, you should also be well aware (though you choose not to believe it) that GS doesn't make day to day decisions either. He gave that up a long time ago. Outsiders are making many of decisions for this non-publicly held company.

Like a say, you don't want to know the truth, it might make you happy, and how fun is that? It is not cool to be content. If it makes you happy to think Gary S. is out of the loop, think on Brother, it's a free country for now.

No raise for truck load drivers rather we will receive a one cent per mile bonus if you can increase your MPG 2% per quarter. No increase no bonus. You have to maintain that 2% to continue receiving the bonus quarter over quarter...as usual truck load the B**tard step child of averitt gets the shaft again...