R&L | Raise

Needs to be around $1.00 an hour to bring us back to what we were taking home last year......If they can afford to buy all those new seats for Half million mile trucks,should be no problem getting our take home pay back to what it was last year...

it really is not a nice bump

memo posted Friday April 25th .60 per hr.

if you take into consideration how much more your insurance costs this year, gas , groceries, you name it and it goes up in price. Once again we are moving backwards in buying power for our money.Think about this; for the past 10 years truckingcompanies have been raising their rates with between 4 and 9% every year and out of that we get between 1 and 3%,always less than the official Consumer Price Index.Why not raise our wages every year with the same percentage that they increase the customer's rate? Who's pocket's is it going into?Look, compared with a lot of people I am not complaining but the company could easily afford raise that will keep our buying power intact.

if you take into consideration how much more your insurance costs this year, gas , groceries, you name it and it goes up in price. Once again we are moving backwards in buying power for our money.Think about this; for the past 10 years truckingcompanies have been raising their rates with between 4 and 9% every year and out of that we get between 1 and 3%,always less than the official Consumer Price Index.Why not raise our wages every year with the same percentage that they increase the customer's rate? Who's pocket's is it going into?Look, compared with a lot of people I am not complaining but the company could easily afford raise that will keep our buying power intact.

I do agree with you. Fact is also that they don't pat time and a half so that's also a good reason that they could afford more but that's not gonna change nothing. It is what it is.

The sad part about this is the guys that have been there less than 5 years have gotten nothing.....This only affects guys that are topped out. One of my good friends called me and said that over the last year the senior level guys have gotten 1 dollar....Jr. guys not 1 cent.........Saia tops out in 18 months in Dallas at 22.91...............He's not happy and is looking to make a change....He's got no reason to lie to me so I assume it's the truth.

The sad part about this is the guys that have been there less than 5 years have gotten nothing.....This only affects guys that are topped out. One of my good friends called me and said that over the last year the senior level guys have gotten 1 dollar....Jr. guys not 1 cent.........Saia tops out in 18 months in Dallas at 22.91...............He's not happy and is looking to make a change....He's got no reason to lie to me so I assume it's the truth.
****************crickets chirping*****************

You should remember that the new drivers are also getting increases through the 5 year period and top out at whatever we are at.

There is a pay scale, so the less than 5 year drivers do get a raise every year, once they hit 5 years they all make the same. Nice try on the spin though runawaytrain

Can some one tell me what the top pay for an AX Mechanic is?? Had my 5 years in on 4/28/13 didn't get last years or this years raise this sucks.

Last edited by a moderator: