XPO | Raise

No. I did not forget 6.

Drivers that earn these type of wages are a target TO BE ELIMINATED by the company. These past few years should have shown you that upper management views the drivers and THEIR wages as fair game to boost the company's bottom line.

In fact , when management has NO strategy on how to grow Con-way and/or increase profits the first place they look and have looked in the past is THE DRIVERS WAGES AND BENEFITS - so don't say there is a #6 , there's a TARGET.

The fattest turkey on Thanksgiving. The only nail sticking up in front of the hammer.
Yeah, we go the fattest raise too..thanks. We're not going anywhere. Embrace it. We work hard and move the freight on time. It's ok for OD to pay drivers like this, but not us? what gives?

Number 6 is alive and well...

Beer fed, it's all about location,location,location. So please stop with your pompous attitude. It takes more than just a few service centers to make this corporation run. I know you make great money at the location your at, and I'm happy for you. But sometimes when you get on your soapbox you tend to forget about the other drivers that move and deliver our customers freight. Us southern boys have always been paid less than our counter parts up north. Cost of living, weather, and worst of all, they live north of the Red River. So next time you want to spout off on how Great you have it thank a driver that has been here longer or even works harder than you for less money. Remember you got your raise because of location,location,location.....I will stand by waiting on your snarky response. And to the new hires out there, welcome. Pull a senior driver aside and ask him some serious questions. We can I believe return to a more productive unit. Hopefully the corporation will se what they have done..... Also to the younger drivers watch how our corporation treats the employees that brought them to the dance.....Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beer fed, it's all about location,location,location. So please stop with your pompous attitude. It takes more than just a few service centers to make this corporation run. I know you make great money at the location your at, and I'm happy for you. But sometimes when you get on your soapbox you tend to forget about the other drivers that move and deliver our customers freight. Us southern boys have always been paid less than our counter parts up north. Cost of living, weather, and worst of all, they live north of the Red River. So next time you want to spout off on how Great you have it thank a driver that has been here longer or even works harder than you for less money. Remember you got your raise because of location,location,location.....I will stand by waiting on your snarky response. And to the new hires out there, welcome. Pull a senior driver aside and ask him some serious questions. We can I believe return to a more productive unit. Hopefully the corporation will se what they have done..... Also to the younger drivers watch how our corporation treats the employees that brought them to the dance.....Cheers.

OK, here is my snarky response; your in Ft. Worth, if i'm not mistaken...You make the same as us and you have good runs there too...what's your problem? I'm just saying it aint all bad like some make it out to be.

And....quit making drunk posts..

OK, here is my snarky response; your in Ft. Worth, if i'm not mistaken...You make the same as us and you have good runs there too...what's your problem? I'm just saying it aint all bad like some make it out to be.

And....quit making drunk posts..
your wrong on so many levels. As far as the drunk post I edited due to spelling errors. I was trying to humorous . So try again. Also if you read YOUR response you'll see what I mean by YOUR attitude towards fellow drivers...

Last edited by a moderator:
Doppler, I believe, is trying to make the point that we have guys who are in same position as far as their raise, but have different outlooks on how this had affected others. One seems care, one not so much....

Yeah, we go the fattest raise too..thanks. We're not going anywhere. Embrace it. We work hard and move the freight on time. It's ok for OD to pay drivers like this, but not us? what gives?

Very short sighted. Board of Directors/upper management have made it VERY CLEAR - DO NOT SPEND EXTRA MONEY ON DRIVERS. We will spend money on , tractors , LEAN , cameras , even raises that are AT or LESS THAN the cost of living ( that's a paycut in disguise )

Well said.

Very short sighted. Board of Directors/upper management have made it VERY CLEAR - DO NOT SPEND EXTRA MONEY ON DRIVERS. We will spend money on , tractors , LEAN , cameras , even raises that are AT or LESS THAN the cost of living ( that's a paycut in disguise )

Well said.

Here's one I don't get. They gave guys 40 cents, with more than five years. Guys without 5 years lost 40 cents.

Doesn't this even out ? And since there are WAY more new guys than guys with more than 5 years.... didn't the company MAKE MONEY on this deal ?

your wrong on so many levels. As far as the drunk post I edited due to spelling errors. I was trying to humorous . So try again. Also if you read YOUR response you'll see what I mean by YOUR attitude towards fellow drivers...

Yeah, I was also trying to be humorous..thanks.

Just because I don't hate my job...please don't hate me. I never said anything about anybody else. I'm sharing my experiences just like everybody else is doing; We at our place got 8% raise/hourly... There is nothing I can do about that. And the places that got only 2%, there is nothing I can do about that either.

Doppler, I believe, is trying to make the point that we have guys who are in same position as far as their raise, but have different outlooks on how this had affected others. One seems care, one not so much....

Ok, let me call or text Doug and maybe he will change everything.

Well said.

I don't know why you all of a sudden have a problem with me; If you didn't get a good raise, then don't blame me.

They gave you enough to keep you from going down the street and driving a different color truck. If things were as good as you would like us to believe, you would not have gotten a fat raise.

Here's one I don't get. They gave guys 40 cents, with more than five years. Guys without 5 years lost 40 cents.

Doesn't this even out ? And since there are WAY more new guys than guys with more than 5 years.... didn't the company MAKE MONEY on this deal ?

Top out is now 3 years not 5...so the new guys won..big time. Isn't that the new gig? top out in 3 years?

They gave you enough to keep you from going down the street and driving a different color truck. If things were as good as you would like us to believe, you would not have gotten a fat raise.

Your exactly right, I've said that same thing a couple times myself.

Top out is now 3 years not 5...so the new guys won..big time. Isn't that the new gig? top out in 3 years?

So they let you skip a step or two and then give you a lower top out pay, if you make it.

How does this cost the company anything ? They were going to pay one rate for top out, now they pay less.

Top out should have been 3 years all along. It's what everyone else does. Some even do in 2 years. Shorter with experience.

Excellent point. If Conway was the Conway of old, the hourly rate couldn't compare to the pension, sick days, insurance, etc.

I don't know why you all of a sudden have a problem with me; If you didn't get a good raise, then don't blame me.
No one blamed you. You have NO control over what anyone else makes. I don't have a problem with you.

How much is a gallon of gas in Dallas? A two bedroom house? A gallon of milk? They probably cost close to the same there as they do up north , yet I don't have to work as much as an LDA driver to make the same money that pays the same bills.

The proof is there for you to see , upper managements plan is to constantly cut drivers pay and benefits. Management has no original ideas - they copy our competitors - their pay structure , BS policies , tricky moves ( pay cuts disguised as a raise ).

I like my job and get paid well , but I will still be honest and call BS when I see it.

No one blamed you. You have NO control over what anyone else makes. I don't have a problem with you.

How much is a gallon of gas in Dallas? A two bedroom house? A gallon of milk? They probably cost close to the same there as they do up north , yet I don't have to work as much as an LDA driver to make the same money that pays the same bills.

The proof is there for you to see , upper managements plan is to constantly cut drivers pay and benefits. Management has no original ideas - they copy our competitors - their pay structure , BS policies , tricky moves ( pay cuts disguised as a raise ).

I like my job and get paid well , but I will still be honest and call BS when I see it.
Sorry, you make no sense at all....compensation is going up and up..sorry, don't agree with you. Now, I'm on the same level of pay as you, and you don't like it? Everybody has always said that we in the South should make the same as you guys, now that we are moving in that direction (slowly), everybody seems to have a problem with it. I don't get it.