XPO | Raise

Sorry, you make no sense at all....compensation is going up and up..sorry, don't agree with you. Now, I'm on the same level of pay as you, and you don't like it? Everybody has always said that we in the South should make the same as you guys, now that we are moving in that direction (slowly), everybody seems to have a problem with it. I don't get it.
.......but what about ME?

Sorry, you make no sense at all....compensation is going up and up..sorry, don't agree with you. Now, I'm on the same level of pay as you, and you don't like it? Everybody has always said that we in the South should make the same as you guys, now that we are moving in that direction (slowly), everybody seems to have a problem with it. I don't get it.
If we work the the same hours - I get more. If we drive the same miles - I get more. If we drive the same truck - I get more. If we show up at the same FAC and break a trailer together - I get more.

Cost of living is going up and up. Compensation doesn't keep up. If you have to work more to make the same or less than a driver from the NORTH you are not on the same level.

Your argument is lots of work and a nice pay raise. No overtime after 40 or after 8 ?

Why would Con-way's management avoid overtime after 40 and after 8 in the South? One reason - It pays more money to the driver. Con-way doesn't want to pay more money to the driver.
I get paid well and I am not greedy , just realistic. I prefer to work less and get paid more , tell me why you don't want the same.

Nobody has a problem with you , you don't control Con-way's policies. If you did , you would have overtime after 8 and after 40 and your raise would have been bigger.

It doesn't really matter what I think since I have gone to a different line of work... But I still get many calls from line haulers regarding many subjects. But this compensation thing is a multiple-tier positive for the company. For starters, the reason barns got a 1% raise payable quarterly isn't because they're being nice. They save it so they can use the money and gain interest on that same money. I am shocked though they didn't do that to the rest of the barns.. But I am sure the bean-counters and the company tax men have their reasons. This next thought is my own, and I obviously don't have all the answers however by the looks of it for me; the reason larger terminals in metro areas received more compensation than the smaller barns in rural areas would be because if Con-Way were to go union, the best bet would be to get the larger terminals to sign first. Now that the larger terminals have better pay its less likely they would sign cards even if the smaller terminals were being held a gun point. It also has a smoke and mirrors effect. Moral has been so bad for so long, what a better way to take the blame off of management and turn it against driver to driver. Even though in reality its XGO should be blamed.

If we work the the same hours - I get more. If we drive the same miles - I get more. If we drive the same truck - I get more. If we show up at the same FAC and break a trailer together - I get more.

Cost of living is going up and up. Compensation doesn't keep up. If you have to work more to make the same or less than a driver from the NORTH you are not on the same level.

Your argument is lots of work and a nice pay raise. No overtime after 40 or after 8 ?

Why would Con-way's management avoid overtime after 40 and after 8 in the South? One reason - It pays more money to the driver. Con-way doesn't want to pay more money to the driver.
I get paid well and I am not greedy , just realistic. I prefer to work less and get paid more , tell me why you don't want the same.

Nobody has a problem with you , you don't control Con-way's policies. If you did , you would have overtime after 8 and after 40 and your raise would have been bigger.

I think an 8% raise is big enough. I'm glad you make more...but it's not that much more than us anymore. Most place only got 2%. They're the ones that are probably unhappy. I'm just dandy.

The dockworkers at my barn spend more time on their cell phones,bull crapping with one another than anything.How many have noticed the ear buds,gym shoes,drooped pants,etc.I think the drooped pants are from the $2 raise they got.One of our dockworkers leaves the terminal,picks up his lunch,comes back and clocks out to eat.You ask them to sweep the trailers and they think you said sleep in the trailers.When I start at 4am on mondays,they are already on the cell phone,who could you be talking too?I also heard,the back round check doesn't go as far back as a driver. Con-Ways not a bad place to work,it's a sad place to work!

The dockworkers at my barn spend more time on their cell phones,bull crapping with one another than anything.How many have noticed the ear buds,gym shoes,drooped pants,etc.I think the drooped pants are from the $2 raise they got.One of our dockworkers leaves the terminal,picks up his lunch,comes back and clocks out to eat.You ask them to sweep the trailers and they think you said sleep in the trailers.When I start at 4am on mondays,they are already on the cell phone,who could you be talking too?I also heard,the back round check doesn't go as far back as a driver. Con-Ways not a bad place to work,it's a sad place to work!

gosh darn it driver, I got a good laugh out of that post!

can we all agree that all the FACS are freaking horrible with all these piece of s*** dockworkers and especially lda

X100 on that! I never know if it's the bloods or the crips running the dock when I get there. I have pulled out my old ccx whites so as to not offend anyone!!!!!

This is why us Senior Drivers hit the Dock every evening to do what they are not doing makes me sick I rarely worked the dock last year this year every day ! but hey they want to pay me over time every week Lets DO IT !!! Can't Fix Stupid !!!

The thing is people like beerfd cares about one thing and one thing only himself. And he will be the first one on here crying and whining about being mistreated when he gets written up or fired for something stupid. But as long as it happens to anybody else but him it's okay. he sounds alot life a former LFW driver who transferd to Lda after Lgt closed down. He sounds alot like a current driver at Lda who tried to get a driver fired a few years back. said driver has now retired.