Raise

Discussion in 'XPO Logistics' started by Tired, May 27, 2014.

1. smokin'joe

smokin'joe Well-Known Member

.......but what about ME?

2. PistonRing83

PistonRing83 Well-Known Member

Not true. There are plenty of terminals that still take 5 years. Mine included.

3. icuicp

icuicp Well-Known Member

If we work the the same hours - I get more. If we drive the same miles - I get more. If we drive the same truck - I get more. If we show up at the same FAC and break a trailer together - I get more.

Cost of living is going up and up. Compensation doesn't keep up. If you have to work more to make the same or less than a driver from the NORTH you are not on the same level.

Your argument is lots of work and a nice pay raise. No overtime after 40 or after 8 ?

Why would Con-way's management avoid overtime after 40 and after 8 in the South? One reason - It pays more money to the driver. Con-way doesn't want to pay more money to the driver.
    I get paid well and I am not greedy , just realistic. I prefer to work less and get paid more , tell me why you don't want the same.

Nobody has a problem with you , you don't control Con-way's policies. If you did , you would have overtime after 8 and after 40 and your raise would have been bigger.

4. exconvictim

exconvictim New Member

It doesn't really matter what I think since I have gone to a different line of work... But I still get many calls from line haulers regarding many subjects. But this compensation thing is a multiple-tier positive for the company. For starters, the reason barns got a 1% raise payable quarterly isn't because they're being nice. They save it so they can use the money and gain interest on that same money. I am shocked though they didn't do that to the rest of the barns.. But I am sure the bean-counters and the company tax men have their reasons. This next thought is my own, and I obviously don't have all the answers however by the looks of it for me; the reason larger terminals in metro areas received more compensation than the smaller barns in rural areas would be because if Con-Way were to go union, the best bet would be to get the larger terminals to sign first. Now that the larger terminals have better pay its less likely they would sign cards even if the smaller terminals were being held a gun point. It also has a smoke and mirrors effect. Moral has been so bad for so long, what a better way to take the blame off of management and turn it against driver to driver. Even though in reality its XGO should be blamed.

5. beerfd

beerfd Well-Known Member

I think an 8% raise is big enough. I'm glad you make more...but it's not that much more than us anymore. Most place only got 2%. They're the ones that are probably unhappy. I'm just dandy.

6. beerfd

beerfd Well-Known Member

Well, then the whole thing is just confusing.

7. lonesum

lonesum Member

How much money does Con-Way make off of the employee by paying them for what they did 2 weeks earlier?

8. smokin'joe

smokin'joe Well-Known Member

Depends on the interest rate. Big $$$$ I would imagine.

9. HowlerMonkey

HowlerMonkey Member

2 weeks? Lucky you. Our barn pays us 3 weeks behind.

10. pimpjuice

pimpjuice Active Member

can we all agree that all the FACS are freaking horrible with all these piece of s*** dockworkers and especially lda

11. lonesum

lonesum Member

The dockworkers at my barn spend more time on their cell phones,bull crapping with one another than anything.How many have noticed the ear buds,gym shoes,drooped pants,etc.I think the drooped pants are from the $2 raise they got.One of our dockworkers leaves the terminal,picks up his lunch,comes back and clocks out to eat.You ask them to sweep the trailers and they think you said sleep in the trailers.When I start at 4am on mondays,they are already on the cell phone,who could you be talking too?I also heard,the back round check doesn't go as far back as a driver. Con-Ways not a bad place to work,it's a sad place to work!

12. CenturyClass

CenturyClass Lead-side Recruit

gosh darn it driver, I got a good laugh out of that post!

13. upnorth

upnorth Super Moderator Staff Member

X100 on that! I never know if it's the bloods or the crips running the dock when I get there. I have pulled out my old ccx whites so as to not offend anyone!!!!!

14. pimpjuice

pimpjuice Active Member

I think we just pick them out at the d o c that's the Department of Corrections come on

15. pimpjuice

pimpjuice Active Member

I do like the gold teeff or teeth lol

16. HowlerMonkey

HowlerMonkey Member

17. Con-F-Trucker

Con-F-Trucker Active Member

This is why us Senior Drivers hit the Dock every evening to do what they are not doing makes me sick I rarely worked the dock last year this year every day ! but hey they want to pay me over time every week Lets DO IT !!! Can't Fix Stupid !!!

18. walken1414

walken1414 Active Member

The thing is people like beerfd cares about one thing and one thing only himself. And he will be the first one on here crying and whining about being mistreated when he gets written up or fired for something stupid. But as long as it happens to anybody else but him it's okay. he sounds alot life a former LFW driver who transferd to Lda after Lgt closed down. He sounds alot like a current driver at Lda who tried to get a driver fired a few years back. said driver has now retired.

19. snaildriver

snaildriver Retired

LGT closed down?!?!?!?

20. walken1414

walken1414 Active Member

my mistake not lgt which we all know is Garland Tx. North Richland hills