XPO | Raise

A little math.
If we have 16,000 full-time employees at Con-way Freight and we received a $1 more an hour = $40 added a week x 52 = $2080 x 16,000 = $33,280,000
imagine what the increase would be if the ot'd us all after 8.

imagine what the increase would be if the ot'd us all after 8.

Imagine how much money they could take if they OT us all after 50 ?

And top scale or not doesn't matter. If everyone gets a $1 raise. That's pretty simple math. I am sure the tiers would be skewed.

But it's his example. And rough numbers or not, he makes a strong statement as to the quickness at which your hourly rate becomes millions on the other end.

$25 an hour times 40 hours time 52 weeks times 16000 employees is $832,000,000. Rounded numbers. But so what ? Those numbers got big fast. And how many of us only work 40 hours ? Do you really wanna have everyone chime in with their yearly wages to calculate the companies total labor cost ? You can probably get that information on some financial site somewhere.

Imagine how much money they could take if they OT us all after 50 ?

And top scale or not doesn't matter. If everyone gets a $1 raise. That's pretty simple math. I am sure the tiers would be skewed.

But it's his example. And rough numbers or not, he makes a strong statement as to the quickness at which your hourly rate becomes millions on the other end.

$25 an hour times 40 hours time 52 weeks times 16000 employees is $832,000,000. Rounded numbers. But so what ? Those numbers got big fast. And how many of us only work 40 hours ? Do you really wanna have everyone chime in with their yearly wages to calculate the companies total labor cost ? You can probably get that information on some financial site somewhere.
my point is they save money by screwing us. $1 hr raise is outta the question. they could save more money by ot'n everyone after 50 and since their model corporation pays it after 60, well 50 for everyone is a great sell.

my point is they save money by screwing us. $1 hr raise is outta the question. they could save more money by ot'n everyone after 50 and since their model corporation pays it after 60, well 50 for everyone is a great sell.
6% and ot after 8 would equal 50% more production, because turnover would be cut down by that much. They're profit would only be affected a couple million. But, they still think this is the best place to work...so you know.....

If they ever try to take away OT in the north, they might as well fire up the HR people and tell them to hire anyone that walks in the door, because I guarantee they will lose over half their drivers right away. I would be the first to go.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

6% and ot after 8 would equal 50% more production, because turnover would be cut down by that much. They're profit would only be affected a couple million. But, they still think this is the best place to work...so you know.....
I think 3% and ot is start, but the 401k and the starting health insurance really keep high quality prospects away. Management has actually murmmered that it seems nobody wants to come work at Conway.

If they ever try to take away OT in the north, they might as well fire up the HR people and tell them to hire anyone that walks in the door, because I guarantee they will lose over half their drivers right away. I would be the first to go.

they won't take it, just uniformally pay after 50. that's kinda the way Old Dominion does it and that's who they wanna emulate.

they won't take it, just uniformally pay after 50. that's kinda the way Old Dominion does it and that's who they wanna emulate.

Overtime Deprived pays OT after 60. But they have hot dog roasts every now and then so that makes up for it

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forum Runner

I think 3% and ot is start, but the 401k and the starting health insurance really keep high quality prospects away. Management has actually murmmered that it seems nobody wants to come work at Conway.

Even if they did OT after 50 they would still lose tons of drivers. I wouldn't put up with it and neither should anyone else.

You also make a good point about the insurance. When I started, it only took 3 months to get the insurance. There's no way in hell I would stick around for 15 months if I had to go back and do it all again. Even the insurance we get at the top isn't good. Cigna is garbage.

I ask our TM this morning about if he knew anything about the raise he said he knows but can't see anything yet and that we would be getting back pay to June 1 when it. normally took in effect I just don't know what the big secret about all this is

Our guys in North Dakota got a massive raise. 3.00 an hour, over 6 cents a mile. Can't keep any drivers because of the oil field work.

I ask our TM this morning about if he knew anything about the raise he said he knows but can't see anything yet and that we would be getting back pay to June 1 when it. normally took in effect I just don't know what the big secret about all this is

They're gonna acquire OD. That's the big secret.

what ever we might get they'll take it back next year with insurance costs or another dumb azz project to save a tenth on fuel. we've been getting screwed since back in 2006 when they changed everything over to Conway,pension,410k,wages oh yea we got a raise when they said we could work 14 hours a day. damn what a chicken **** outfit

That area is having trouble filling ANY job that isn't oil related. There was a news story I read the other day about Wal-Mart having to pay upwards of $17.00 an hour just to get applications.

It's amazing how the free market works when it's actually ALLOWED to work...

Hope for the best and expect the worst. There have been a lot of math calculations on this thread. If the company decides to raise our pay at the expense of working longer without overtime, you can be that they have done the math, too. We will be on the short end of that equation.

But don't worry, there will be a fancy video telling us that it is a great deal, and that this step helps the company to remain a leader in the transportation industry.

Pay raise time is kind of like buying a new car. As the salesman gives you a better deal on the new car price, all of the sudden your trade-in value on your old car goes down. Smoke and mirrors. Smoke and mirrors.

As long as we can continue to attract recent truck school graduates, we'll do just fine.

Even if they did OT after 50 they would still lose tons of drivers. I wouldn't put up with it and neither should anyone else.

You also make a good point about the insurance. When I started, it only took 3 months to get the insurance. There's no way in hell I would stick around for 15 months if I had to go back and do it all again. Even the insurance we get at the top isn't good. Cigna is garbage.

we've been putting up with it for YEARS and done nothing about it. In management's eyes, they are counting on you not quiting to go a start over somewhere else that doesn't pay ot or pays it after 50. They know you don't wanna lose your seniority over principle.
I honesty believe that they are willing to chance it to save a buck.

we've been putting up with it for YEARS and done nothing about it. In management's eyes, they are counting on you not quiting to go a start over somewhere else that doesn't pay ot or pays it after 50. They know you don't wanna lose your seniority over principle.
I honesty believe that they are willing to chance it to save a buck.

over the past 2 months, we've lost 4 guys with some seniority..the mean number being around 10 years. Doesn't just seem to be about the money..those guys could've made 90k if they wanted. Working 5 Days.