XPO | Raise

Each regions needs are different. Areas like North Dakota, parts of Texas where it's hard to keep drivers will have a higher raise than other areas to keep drivers. I know for a fact what the North Dakota raise is, can't see them giving everyone a 3.00 an hour raise.
You are right on this. This region ( North Dakota ) is special , and faces special problems. I thought you were referring to the other regions with inside info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Each regions needs are different. Areas like North Dakota, parts of Texas where it's hard to keep drivers will have a higher raise than other areas to keep drivers. I know for a fact what the North Dakota raise is, can't see them giving everyone a 3.00 an hour raise.
we just need to find someone who can pass a drug screen.

With so many people otut of work, I find it crazy that finding a few with no records/no drugs wouldn't be that difficult.

Except that most people aren't stupid enough to work under these conditions or for this compensation.

This industry has a bad reputation. And it's well deserved. They see us out in horrible weather. And know that we face uncountable risks.

They understand that our hours are ridiculous. And that we have little to no home life.

Educated people would rather be not working than work like this. And almost everyone has a degree anymore. You ain't gonna BS nobody.

So you are stuck trying to get bottom of the barrel retreads. People without a degree that have bounced around unsuccessfully in the job market.

Most of those people are gonna have run ins with the law or drugs or gangs or whatever.

You have to be coming from an awfully dark place to consider this a beacon of light.

Except that most people aren't stupid enough to work under these conditions or for this compensation.

This industry has a bad reputation. And it's well deserved. They see us out in horrible weather. And know that we face uncountable risks.

They understand that our hours are ridiculous. And that we have little to no home life.

Educated people would rather be not working than work like this. And almost everyone has a degree anymore. You ain't gonna BS nobody.

So you are stuck trying to get bottom of the barrel retreads. People without a degree that have bounced around unsuccessfully in the job market.

Most of those people are gonna have run ins with the law or drugs or gangs or whatever.

You have to be coming from an awfully dark place to consider this a beacon of light.

If you got no home life, then your working the wrong schedule. Your taking this way too serious..this is an easy job where you can make some good money. Just be careful in everything you do.

If you got no home life, then your working the wrong schedule. Your taking this way too serious..this is an easy job where you can make some good money. Just be careful in everything you do.
The day guys should have plenty of home life. It's the linehaulers that don't. I bid linehaul this year to make some extra money and am regretting it now.

If you can get a far run where you don't have to work the dock much at the FAC then yeah it's easy. Unfortunately some barns don't have very many good runs, mine being one of them. We only have one run that's over 3 hours away, and our worst run is only an hour away so you're working the dock for 8 hours straight or longer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

CW will never pay ot after 8 in the south. We were told we aren't marketable enough.

The South gets paid less due to lack of Unions. Even when your not a Union shop, you have to come decently close to competing or nobody would work for you. I'm from MA living in VA, and it seems companies in the south just treat people a lot worse, even with the pay scale aside.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

The South gets paid less due to lack of Unions. Even when your not a Union shop, you have to come decently close to competing or nobody would work for you. I'm from MA living in VA, and it seems companies in the south just treat people a lot worse, even with the pay scale aside.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
northern Virginia has one of the highest costs of living but for some odd reason they are lumped in with the south at CW and have a lower scale and no ot til after 50. (or at least used to be.)

The day guys should have plenty of home life. It's the linehaulers that don't. I bid linehaul this year to make some extra money and am regretting it now.

If you can get a far run where you don't have to work the dock much at the FAC then yeah it's easy. Unfortunately some barns don't have very many good runs, mine being one of them. We only have one run that's over 3 hours away, and our worst run is only an hour away so you're working the dock for 8 hours straight or longer.

those 30 or 40 mile runs need to be run as a shuttle. That eliminate a lot of the turnover. Just run somebody from barn to barn on the clock. And use the low paid dock workers for the dock. Conways model is no longer working, not for the pay and benefits. That's why were losing people to other carriers, so they can get miles even though their not home everyday.

I think I'd rather see some kind of pension contributions than a big raise although were still behind about $ 2.00 an hour from where we should be. But whatever they do will be in their favor you can bet on that !!!

If you can get a far run where you don't have to work the dock much at the FAC then yeah it's easy. Unfortunately some barns don't have very many good runs, mine being one of them. We only have one run that's over 3 hours away, and our worst run is only an hour away so you're working the dock for 8 hours straight or longer.Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

What Con-way do you work at ? Here we work 11-12 hours in the city. It was worse this winter. We were forced 14 every day.

With OT after 8 you can make more in the city than line haul. So long as you average over 55 hours a week. Which is likely.

People here actually bid line haul to be with their families. If you are in the city you will be working ALL DAY.

You might get to wake your kids up in the morning. By time you get home they are asleep. That ain't much of a life.

Expecting the people willing to work under these conditions and for this compensation to be model citizens is a fantasy.

And that is why we get 400 apps. Interview 10. Train 2. Keep 0.

Everybody who lives in a right to work state needs to write their congressman on the state and national level asking that overtime rules for hourly truck drivers be changed to the rest of the normal world. As long as it's legal for companies to not pay it, they won't. Why would they want to part with any more money than necessary?

Everybody who lives in a right to work state needs to write their congressman on the state and national level asking that overtime rules for hourly truck drivers be changed to the rest of the normal world. As long as it's legal for companies to not pay it, they won't. Why would they want to part with any more money than necessary?

We get it at FedEx. I seriously think we only do to "keep us happy" in order to hopefully keep the Union out. Otherwise, we wouldn't be getting it.

We get it at FedEx. I seriously think we only do to "keep us happy" in order to hopefully keep the Union out. Otherwise, we wouldn't be getting it.

What I would like to know is how many guys actually get worked over 8. I've heard from my days at Con-way that if we ever got ot after 8 thy would hire more drivers and cut everyone to 8 a day. Seems that would be more expensive with benefits than to just pay the ot. I believe in my company being profitable, but when you're working almost or more than half of your day, you should be entitled to more compensation. And I don't know of any ltl city operation that can function without drivers working at least 10 hours a day.

What I would like to know is how many guys actually get worked over 8. I've heard from my days at Con-way that if we ever got ot after 8 thy would hire more drivers and cut everyone to 8 a day. Seems that would be more expensive with benefits than to just pay the ot. I believe in my company being profitable, but when you're working almost or more than half of your day, you should be entitled to more compensation. And I don't know of any ltl city operation that can function without drivers working at least 10 hours a day.
I'm in CCX territory so we get OT after 40 and right now they are so shorthanded that most of the city guys at my barn are running a minimum of 10-11 hours a day. I see a few running 13-14 on a regular basis. Makes me wish I'd stayed on city this year...