R&L | raise?

Credits
It looks like we're going to be late again and they're cheating us out of a week or more.I figured everything up and just to stay even we need( at least) a dollar more.If we're the # 1 freightline and we are all family( come on daddy) , we can do it! More sick days won't do it , that just goes over your own back without really putting any money in the pocket.Keep it safe!

floridaboy said:
It looks like we're going to be late again and they're cheating us out of a week or more.I figured everything up and just to stay even we need( at least) a dollar more.If we're the # 1 freightline and we are all family( come on daddy) , we can do it! More sick days won't do it , that just goes over your own back without really putting any money in the pocket.Keep it safe!
Are we getting a raise? Are we getting more sick days? Does anyone know?

that's a whopping 2.25% increase!!!!!
Here's just something to think about drivers

Corporate Earnings increases for 2005........

YRC.....26%
UPS......23%
VITRAN....27%
FED-EX FREIGHT....31%
OVERNIGHT....36.7%
OLD DOMINION...39%
The list goes on and on, I guarantee R&L's
earnings are as good if not better!!
It would be nice to get a raise that at least kept up with the cost of living!!!!!

no//

The answer to that is no:chairshot: ..thats not the way it works..we need a decent raise..gas at 3.00 per..come on. :duh: He did not say he did not like it where he was at he said we need a raise comparable to the midgets from Crawford Texas massive inflation spending ..:cool:

yep

we need a decent raise. i dont need to go to work anywhere else/ so dont tell me to go some where else too. gas at 3.00 per//who needs the abuse..:chairshot: R&L gets some of the highest fuel surcharges in the business.
only by sticking together can we do better here. Think that will ever happen?:duh:

Beechcraft/ best of best

That's all norwalk can ever say. I'm starting to think he's kinfolk. Sounds like skipping record.. But compared to what's out there instead of bottomfeeder, i beleive they slipped to bottom of barrel.. It's the Roberts way just bend over :eck13: and enjoy it it'll be good for u........

CROCKETT said:
That's all norwalk can ever say. .

because it is true, if you don't like the situation you are in and you stick around for more, who is to blame?? that would be you. why blame the company ?? they give you a job for a fair wage, if that's not enough money for your purposes then you have to go somewhere you can make the money you feel you need.
so now you know what you'll be making for the next year your faced with a very hard decision, stay for that wage or move on. it's the same at every job, this is what you have to do ,this is what we'll pay you to do it. nobody is forcing you to work for R&L or any other company.
nobody is forcing you to work at all. you could go live in the park in a refrigerator box and beg for happy meal money.

So when you add in all your free labor, as in fueling, breaking trailers, waiting on switch drivers that are taking a nap, or breakdown. Add all those hours and deduct from yearly gross and see what you got! But maybe we should donate all that so fatcats can build new terminals, toys, horses and so on. Call up Linda tell her you want to take a show horse on trail ride and see where she tells u to go. Us slaves got all that for them... Better yet G O U N I O N!!!!!!!

I gues that dispells that rumor about R&L going under. I have good friend that drivers for R&L in STL . I thought that was kind of crazy especially since R&L just expanded out west. What do you all hear?

CROCKETT said:
So when you add in all your free labor, as in fueling, breaking trailers, waiting on switch drivers that are taking a nap, or breakdown. Add all those hours and deduct from yearly gross and see what you got! But maybe we should donate all that so fatcats can build new terminals, toys, horses and so on. Call up Linda tell her you want to take a show horse on trail ride and see where she tells u to go. Us slaves got all that for them... Better yet G O U N I O N!!!!!!!
Man, You must be a joy to be around. Try being grateful for a change. If its so bad, and you are so underpaid, why don't you leave. Go to work for the precious UNION and do us all a FAVOR!!!!!!!

insiders

be thankful :duh: you have the insiders here at R/L
forum. you can gather some real facts on what goes on in the back office of this outfit.
the men in black will keep you on the right track.:cool:

Bottom line...If your not happy with your current situation...It's time to move on!

If all you are gonna do is dwell on and complain about how bad things are...go check out the greener pastures somewhere else.

Dont be afraid of change! There are some things that R&L does that I just dont understand, but for the most part I am satisfied with my income level.

The way I figure, I am losing about $300 a week in overtime that they are not paying. However, If they did pay overtime...we would probably have more drivers and overtime would be hard to come by...

So, be thankful for what you get and try to make the best of every day you wake up breathing.

The gap with the driver's who work for the # 1 parcel co. as compared with the driver's who work for the #1 ltl carrier (so they say) has gotten considerably bigger over the last five years, and not in our favor.Heck, even the State of Florida employee's are getting 3% and no increase in health care premium.So yes, I know when to change and as a matter of fact I am going to work for UPS.R/L is not going to pay for NASCAR expenses and expansion over my back.

CROCKETT said:
WELL SAID DRIVER!!!!
JUST A THREAT OF THE BIG " U " AND SEE HOW QUICK THEY'D SCRAMBLE TO COME UP WITH A MORE COMPETITIVE WAGE!!!!!!

THE MAJORITY OF THE DRIVERS IN MY YARD ARE EXTREMELY PISSED AT THIS SLAP IN THE FACE!!!