Averitt | Raises announced

while it's better than nothing, and I appreciate all I can get, it makes me wonder if it'll be as long of wait for the next raise, that's a tough one to swallow with the cost of living increasing as it does, look at the cost of things since the last raise, how they have increased. Now, as a single dad I've cut every, and I mean EVERY corner I can. I cant blame averitt because of the financial difficulties of the world or my issues but man they are the ones i get my $$ from.

Our competitors that pay way more per mile/hr. than Averitt does are driving new equipment and have been updating their equipment for a while now. Us bottom feeders have been driving old, worn out stuff for a while now (except for the bedroom trucks of course) and prior to this fabulous raise that was just announced, we have had one little miniscule raise in 6 years.

If you run 3000 miles a week that is $30 more per week. I think I'll go out and buy myself a new house and an Escalade....you know ...the kind that Gary S and Richard K drive around.

Our medical benefits payments have increased by double this in the last 6 years. Ok, I'll take the raise but at the same time consider it a major, MAJOR slap in the face.

Awesome news, I have said for months that I would be surprised if we DIDN'T see a pay increase this year, makes my vacation a little sweeter this week ;)

If they gave us this and nothing more for another 6 years (which it will probably be) CM would be dancing in the streets thinking AE was the best thing since pop top beer cans.

What they should have done in addition to this pathetic excuse for a raise is to add an extra week or 2 vacation. 4 weeks after 15 years and 5 weeks after 20. But no, we get a pittance of a raise. It should have been .04 more per mile minimum and an extra $2 per hr. city and dock. The powers that be should hang their collective heads in utter shame and embarrassment in the way they take care of "Our People". Proof positive that the winner's circle was traded in for our corp execs. and vp's to benefit....to hell with the people that get it done for them.

No wonder the morale at this 3rd rate outfit is in the toilet and nobody gives a rats rear end. It is because of slaps in the face like this. Let the decline continue.

Well it's better than a one cent cut. At this point in my life I can't afford to change jobs the older I get. I have EVERYTHING paid off only have living expenses so I'll take what they give me for now.

I wished they would raise the milage on holiday and vacation pay to reflect what we can run in 11 hr. Say 600 miles instead of 450.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=29.923783,-95.329488
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like your mascot. I'm sitting here watching back to back episodes.

Well it's better than a one cent cut. At this point in my life I can't afford to change jobs the older I get. I have EVERYTHING paid off only have living expenses so I'll take what they give me for now.

I wished they would raise the milage on holiday and vacation pay to reflect what we can run in 11 hr. Say 600 miles instead of 450.

Have spoke about this many times in here. Vacation and holiday pay needs to be based on a 12 month ADP (Average Days Pay). Surely with this super duper computer system that Averitt thinks it has this could be done. But they don't give a damn.

I'll take the .01, THANKYOU GS. Of course .425 does'nt mean squat when you are getting a STEADY dose of 200-300 mile CRAP loads(LOADS NOBODY ELSE WANTS, BECAUSE THEY DON'T PAY SQUAT). 1800 mile in 6 day weeks. Do not get stuck on the "BE THANKFUL YOU HAVE A JOB" line. Other companies are paying more and coming up with the goodies to convince us to move over to them.

Other companies are paying more and coming up with the goodies to convince us to move over to them.
Of course they are and we should have been getting a penny per year for the last 6 years. If I were not at the stage of my life that I am, I would have been long gone years ago. Made a horrible decision to come over to this place many years ago and at this point will just live with that decision but I don't have to be happy about the crap we all are swimming in.

You mark my words right here....come enrollment time you are going to see that pathetic raise evaporate in the increase in what you pay for your insurance, etc. Don't go out and buy yourself a new car.

So your big penny per mile has been reduced. Take how seldom we get overdue raises. In the next seveeal years before we get another raise, our premiums will skyrocket.

I wonder how much of a raise Little Dick took?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

My premiums went up $3.60 per week over 2010 premiums plus an additional $25 for an ER visit. No, we don't run to the ER for a little stumped toe but still, there is an increase.

Remember, prior to this 2% raise we had one other raise in the last 6 years and that was also a 2% raise. We are just swimming in the money. What an embarrassment.