raises

dont get your hopes up wilson giving you a raise wilson used to be a good company but now it is a terrible place to work and if i were you instead of wasting my energy of hoping for a raise i would look for another job

I had a driver tell me last week that he heard raise's were put on hold till January. I didn't even know they were looking into giving us one.

wilson used to be a good company but now it is a terrible place to work

Wilson is in the third generation, does that tell you anything? I am very surprised that Chuck has not sold it.

Wilson is in the third generation, does that tell you anything? I am very surprised that Chuck has not sold it.

It tells me that the family plans to stay in it for years to come. The owners of the company have no plans to sell anything anytime soon or in the future. A "Terrible place to work"? It not a bad place to work at all. In fact, if you've ever worked for a really bad trucking company, you'd know what a really terrible outfit looks like. There have been decisions made here in the past couple of years that didn't sit well with everyone, but the decisions made were decided upon in an attempt to keep the company's head above water in a time that was as uncertain as ever. EVERY freight company has made cutbacks this past year in some form or another and WTVA is no different. WTVA has streamlined our road operations to reduce unnecessary miles and increase service to the customers that we serve. In that attempt, several jobs were moved or deleted all together. You can't please everyone with every decision, but the bottom line is, we need to please our customers in order to keep them. In this day and age, every penny counts to the customer. And no matter what each individual company's plans are, there's not a lot of difference between any of them. The difference in the others and WTVA is that we sell SERVICE. Service is what we as a company were founded on, and the owners of this company are as committed to that aspect today as the original owners were.

Having worked at Wilson for 12 years or so,I can attest it was a good job for along time.Its also easy to figure out the which employees really felt the pinch when it came to making changes.To say those changes affected everyone is laughable.Im not talking about losing a few mph on your truck or a couple hundred miles per week,im talking several thousand + a year...Are they still hiring those X YRC-Roadway management folks???

There are those that were affected by the changes that were made, on a much more serious degree than others admittedly. There are drivers here with fifteen plus years invested who are now floaters and shuttle drivers as well. I don't find it laughable at all. In fact, everyone here has been affected in some form or another. Some a lot more serious than others, but all in some sort of way. There are those that have taken the cuts and are still doing their jobs every day knowing that they have to do what they have to do. There are others who have complained at every turn. And there are others who have decided to leave WTVA and are still whining every chance they can get as if they were the only ones affected by the cutbacks.

Lets get back on topic gentleman. Raises . Feel free to start a new one to continue the conversation of the cutbacks and there effects on the employees