Averitt | Raises

LOLDFC

TB Lurker
Credits
Rumor has it that raises are just around the corner, starting with the teams. Is there any truth to this rumor?

Woopie...Averitt haven't given a cost of living raise in over 15 years...any new raise just keeps you from sinking a little slower...

I heard teams were going to .435 effective June 1. We have not gotten any official word about any increase at nor. Several city and shuttle drivers have moved on to greener pastures this spring.

I don't think a raise will be the biggest announcement made this week....... as many associates may start to look like Grizzly Adams

Standards are being lowered.....look at all the drivers men/women that look like the Pillsbury Doughboy! Are we that HARDUP for drivers.....many of the newhires in the last couple of years would have not made it past the interview stage, years ago!
Averitt needs to look inward as to why well qualified drivers and mechanic's are no longer beating the doors down to get hired, or why longtime drivers, dock and mechanics are leaving!
We have a longtime truckload driver in Tif who is trying to move into a open sleeper shuttle position there....he is getting the runaround.....If they screw him over on this deal...he will probably say ADIO's.
Rumor has it that once your in T/L FORGET about transferring out......these drivers will just leave if there is no hope of moving up the food chain...out of T/L!

I don't think a raise will be the biggest announcement made this week....... as many associates may start to look like Grizzly Adams
Tats and beards on the way.
If they don't make raises across the board, there is going to be major upheaval system wide; possibly exactly what they want.

Averitt is playing the raise card due to the fact that their reputation of being cheap is keeping people away in droves. We've known that the younger generation is not interested in trucking due to all b of the ever increasing regulations. Attrition is decreasing the driver pool and our competition is FAR more attractive than AE, the bottom feeders.

I think that if they only offer raises to teams, they're hoping single shuttle gets angry and leaves, opening the door to staff toad with combo only and raises to shuttle pay level will come.

There is an ulterior motive you can be assured.

You can grow beards effective 6/02 ...No pay raise other than sleeper shuttle 48.5cpm..No more combo starting 7/1...Rebid for all ltl driving positions , if a city driver wants to go shuttle no matter how long they have worked here (44.5 cpm and 2 Years to top pay..And thanks for all you do each day..

Big whoop. Where's the extra vacation time that will allow for us to stay the hell away from the rat hole AE yards? Oh, that;s right...we work for Cheapo Express.

And goodbye combo; the most ignorant concept Richard has ever come up with.

Last edited by a moderator:
As much of a mess some folks think it will be, Corporate changed their minds on the Combo position and the people were heard, same with facial hair. So now we are all on an even playing field now. Personally I am happy for all the Combo's. That now extinct position rescued a lot of dock workers and TL drivers, now we are all equal.

combo will get a raise, An shuttle will get there pay cut!!!.But you will have choice to go to the city an make full pay. that my friend is the plain! you heard it here first!

Plain as mud, you haven't a clue what is happening over here, Holland, yes, Averitt no. I'm sure you still talk to your buddies over here but they are so misinformed.

You call him Richard but he's better known as VP Richard. You can change it every time I properly post it.

There must have been some Conway mentality on this.

If a combo guy has been running a shuttle run for 5 or more years he should IMMEDIATELY go to top pay!

And, if teams got 5 cents, shuttle should have got 3 cents minimum. I'm all about teams having 2 cents more because they're stuck in that prison all week. But a 5 cent premium? Seriously?

Last edited by a moderator: