Averitt | Raises

I agree with lifer. Over 8 years of running shuttle and I still have two years to reach top shuttle pay. A 2 cent premium for teams is fair but not 5. WHY do combo shuttle combo go to top pay right away.
Why make everything hard. All shuttle drivers go to the same pay and teams get a premium. It all has to with saving money. Over the last 8 years the company has saved app $5000 dollars a year by running me on shuttle runs at reduced pay. Mr. King is not dumb but very smart. He has made this company a lots of money.
Why did I come and stay, I needed a job and still do.

We cried that Combo was unfair, corporate heard us and abolished it. It is a step in the right direction and the right thing to do. To bring all Combo's up to top pay at one time would kill our bottom line, so they will get a half cent when this goes into effect July 7th and a full cent every 6 months, like it or not it is better than nothing, and I would bet a donut we will get an increase too.

Wonder where they got their research?

Today’s research suggests perceptions about facial hair have changed through the years. Society no longer holds negative perceptions of men with neatly trimmed beards. In fact, many companies that previously prohibited facial hair are no longer doing so now.

Truckload will still get screwed one way or another......will have a heck of a time transfering into sleeper shuttle....yet smucks right off the street will get hired straight into that position......

Not true Jeepman, when a Single Sleeper becomes vacant, that position will go on hotline just like any other vacant job, awarded to the highest seniority driver.

Ask any T/L driver that has tried to transfer into LTL shuttle......It would make more sense to have a seasoned T/L driver move into a open position as they know what they are getting. Unfortunately T/L drivers are not often into a position to view the open positions. Do the new rules ALLOW me to bid on a shuttle run.....I have company senority on a few shuttle drivers here in Orlando.....I know that will never happen...HA!

This month is going to be a transition month. If you're interested in making a move, make your desires known immediately.

Truckload will still get screwed one way or another......will have a heck of a time transfering into sleeper shuttle....yet smucks right off the street will get hired straight into that position......

If you want a single sleeper position, make your wants and desires known sooner than later.

I'm curious, does other svs ctrs have positions that are "locked in", that you can't bid on, nor does the person in that position get placed on the bid list? Usually dock positions with early starts, who load themselves an easy trailer to go deliver after they've loaded other city freight. So they come in early, load themself a trailer, then load other city trailers, once they are done they go take an easy load to deliver and then get off early to mid afternoon. Being a dock/driver ensures they get driver pay and I might add most of those positions don't have a lot of seniority.

We were told we would re-bid that ALL positions would be posted and up for grabs (a first), but then suddenly all is quiet, no one is talking about re-bidding, just like there has been no mention of other raises.

Some terminals have it all figured out and will do it properly. Others, like mine, don't have a clue nor do they really give a damn.

I view it that if it's in house, and you're based out of that house, you should have a shot at any department based on your los.

I seen a memo posted in the nor shop stating that enhanced compensation for city, shuttle, single sleeper, and mechanics will begin Aug. 4. The amount was not posted.