Averitt | Raises

The amount was not posted.
The amount is still being kept secret, even from our the service center managers, cookeville's keeping it quiet. I hope, but not counting on it, to be a significant amount. Some of us took a 4 1/2 cent pay CUT during this fiasco. City drivers that volunteered and ran weekend shuttle routes don't get shuttle pay any longer.

Whatever it is it will still keep us in the cellar compared to the competition. The REAL companies have their pay scales at competitive rates. Until the current regime that runs this sweat shop are put out to pasture not a thing will change.

Martin brower, .62 a mile plus 22.90 for pushing carts off a liftgate straight into the hands of a McDonalds employee... You texas guys check us out.

I maybe wrong but i think we had a 60 cent increase in the city last March,but before that it was several years......But anyway $1.50 per hour is more than i thought we would get,no complaints here...Guess i will order me some new shorts when this raise kicks in...

1.50 is nice if your service center was one of the few. .50 is a embarrassment at our place.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree...Everyone is doing the same work...Some of our competitors have a different pay scale for certain service centers. ..But looks like they could have come off with more than that..

Could it be that these smaller end of the line terminals barely break even or actually lose money just to connect the dots? And to give them 1.50 or more an hour could dig their hole deeper and eventually force them to close and allow the nearest big centers to fill the gap? I'm just thinking out loud. Could .50 an hour vs. more keep the doors open and allow these guys to still have a place to work without having to chose to relocate if their center closed like many have in the past? I know all Shuttle received the same increase, but some smaller centers have less Shuttle than hourly employees.

You are probably right...But I know the drivers are putting in just as many long hours at the smaller service centers as everyone else is...I am really happy with the raise my location received , I can't blame some of the drivers about how they did the raises this time..But that's how the competition is doing it..

I am a long time shuttle driver, so I am tickled pink with the .02 raise, just hate to possibly lose some good city guys to the another carrier for the xtra money. Iceman you and me both know we would be furious if we were on the low end of a split shuttle raise.

I wasn't expecting a raise to begin with, so anything they offered would have made me happy. I refuse to concern myself with the raise that other centers and drivers in other classifications received. And for what the competition makes doesn't concern me either, I have friends that drive all different color tractors and we compare working conditions and operations and I am confident that money cannot buy happiness and contentment. If Shuttle drivers were paid more in different regions that is no concern to me, I make darn good money for rural East Tennessee and our cost of living is way low, for example 800.00 a year for resident taxes and 24.00 a year to renew car tags.