Raises

Discussion in 'Averitt Express' started by LOLDFC, May 30, 2014.

1. ltl lifer

ltl lifer Sr. Citizen & Gold Member

That's the Dallas terminal. Their city drivers will be @ $23.55 top and seasoned shuttle top @ $0.505 per mile. Cost of living much higher in DAL area vs. HOU.

2. mlang216

mlang216 Active Member

Guess I'm staying where I'm at! Haha

3. mlang216

mlang216 Active Member

After further review, the pay seems competitive!

4. jeepman

jeepman Truckload Mercenary

Let's see....T/L got $.0000000000000......Lots of MT trucks sitting at serctr's....was in Dal Wed's afternoon thru Fri morning.....Lot's of MT sleepers. Ran into a LONGTIME T/L load guy out of Montgomery on the way home...I guess there is a BIGTIME meeting in NAS on the 21st with the SENIOR truckload drivers and the SHIRTS.....think I'll see about a invite...the driver I spoke with was shocked I have not received one yet. Maybe I'll upset them and get canned!.

5. sureshot

sureshot New Member

What is starting CPM for shuttle driver?

6. ltl lifer

Even with the raise we're still WAY below the competition. I bet the likes of Upper Management get their bonuses, high salaries, raises and of course their company cars and their dry cleaning done at company expense while he sits there with his calculator and puts out propaganda about o/r and earnings to fit this or that month's agenda.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2014
  7. ltl lifer

Nice to be the lowest paid of our competition. .. it goes along with having the slowest trucks of our competition.

8. mlang216

mlang216 Active Member

Not top tier, but decent. What do they start at in the city?

9. Iceman

Iceman Super Moderator Staff Member

Depends on experience and area.

10. mlang216

mlang216 Active Member

No LTL experience. But I was asking about dallas. I turned down fedex so I'm now considering saia, southeastern and AE.

11. ltl lifer

We had a city man leave us and go to city at FedEx. He didn't stay there long and came back. Lots of money there but also lots of BS to go along with it.
    Think OD as well.

12. Pantherman1991

Pantherman1991 Member

Grass is not always greener....Talked to alot of city drivers thru the years and OD drivers seem to have the least amount of complaints..

13. LOLDFC

LOLDFC Member

Should new hire Shuttle drivers be hired in at the same level as the old combo drivers or at a lower wage. I seems unfair for this to happen to old combo drivers that know the job but a new hire is making the same wage. Am I off base, please respond.

14. Iceman

I remember the frustration of making 7.00 an hour on the dock in 1988 and then they brought new hires in at 7.50. But we get what we pay for in today's world, so the higher start pay in just life.

15. LOLDFC

LOLDFC Member

Great answer Iceman. Just as you said it is life and I am dealing with it. From your response, how long did it take corporate to fix the problem.

16. Iceman

It was never fixed, the new hires stayed .50 ahead of me until we reached top out. And I imagine that is how this will pan out.

17. ltl lifer

And therein lies the problem that a majority of us have in that we are being governed by complete incompetence on Neal St. I doubt it will ever change.

18. Iceman

It bothered me but I got over it, I agreed to 7.00 an hour and then they changed the starting pay after I hired on.

19. LOLDFC

LOLDFC Member

Last question iceman, so you were a new hire and was going through the top out process? With the old combos we have years of experience with this Company and still are going through the top out process like the men hired this month. I will endure. I will just say I know my job and work without a lot of instruction yet the new people are making the same and are leaning on us help them to know the job. And yes I always try to help my new brothers.

20. Iceman

Yes I was only with the company 6 months or less when they raised the start pay.